Since when Reddit became wOKe / Twitter #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My god, I've gotten banned from many subreddits by now because of "my jokes" (it's funny because I just post what I think without the intention of them being "jokes")

EDIT: For perspective purposes, have in mind that I've post far worse things in this site and I haven't been banned.

I'm new to it (Reddit), been there like a year and a half, but subs are filled with posts with the quality of those from Twitter.

I don't think this is how it was before, or was it?

Seems like I'm too late and missed all the fun... or those damn white knights teenagers are overtaking the internet.

Solution
I'm not surprised that a thread entitled "since when did reddit become woke?" turned into a debate about the validity of segregation.

This thread is a dumpster fire. [Closed]

HellaJvke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm telling you they're not jokes.
So you wouldn't be laughing anyway.
oh true,

well not sure what subreddits you were posting in, but usually if you follow the rules the mods wont ban you
but im sure there are some mods who power trip on reddit
same for most big social media platforms these days you cant say anything controversial without being cancelled/deleted/blocked

its chilling affect, thank you thought police for censoring opinions different from mine /s

maybe Twitter will change after the Elon buyout but i dont see "woke: culture going anywhere theres always gonna be self righteous people who think their perspective is the right one

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Always remember that subreddits are echo chambers on one side, party or topic it is all about. They will not listen to other opinions if it doesn't agree with their sub. Otherwise, you'll be downvoted or your post will be deleted by a mod. Twitter is a cesspool and I thrive in the toxicity of the people in that platform. I swim and bathe everyday of their toxic posts.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look around, I'm sure you can find your people. There are active dedicated boards all over the internet for just about anything you can imagine, perhaps Reddit wont have it all, but there are still gonna be plenty of subreddits that are filled with people that think just like you. If a certain subreddit banned you, then clearly you were never gonna get along with that subreddit to begin with. As mentioned earlier, every subreddit is an echo chamber, meaning you were destined to be banned from that particular subreddit no matter what. Conversely, a super Woke poster in a subreddit that feels like you, would likely quickly get banned as well.

Reactions: Stone_Wings

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look around, I'm sure you can find your people. There are active dedicated boards all over the internet for just about anything you can imagine, perhaps Reddit wont have it all, but there are still gonna be plenty of subreddits that are filled with people that think just like you. If a certain subreddit banned you, then clearly you were never gonna get along with that subreddit to begin with. As mentioned earlier, every subreddit is an echo chamber, meaning you were destined to be banned from that particular subreddit no matter what. Conversely, a super Woke poster in a subreddit that feels like you, would likely quickly get banned as well.

Absolutely. This isn't some one sided "lefties out ta get me!" ordeal as the op would like to lead on. It happens exactly like you stated, to all sides of the fence. We also have zero evidence that they've even actually been wronged in some way, or treated unfairly.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like 75% of reddit is moderated by the same small group of people.

Piss them off in one sub, they're looking for reasons to remove you from everywhere else.

Reactions: kevin corms

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Reddit is trash. They encourage alt accounts, but if you get banned from some random subreddit for any reason and then later accidentally post in it from an ult, for example it just came up on the front page feed, you can get banned forever. Even if you were running paid ads through your work or ran a busy subreddit, they all get banned because you randomly commented on some obscure subreddit when browsing the front page on your way to work. Reddit will be yesterday's news in a few years time because the subreddits will eat each other and themselves alive.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My god, I've gotten banned from many subreddits by now because of "my jokes" (it's funny because I just post what I think without the intention of them being "jokes")

EDIT: For perspective purposes, have in mind that I've post far worse things in this site and I haven't been banned.

I'm new to it (Reddit), been there like a year and a half, but subs are filled with posts with the quality of those from Twitter.

I don't think this is how it was before, or was it?

Seems like I'm too late and missed all the fun... or those damn white knights teenagers are overtaking the internet.
Maybe if you dont offend others you wont get in any trouble?

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't Reddit always like that? Heavy on censorship.
I remember around 2010 other platforms really rivalled against Reddit for these types of reasons. I mean even the upvote/downvote formula means only agreeable comments are favoured, leading to circlejerk communities and hivemind outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...