Hacking Homebrew Emulation Slip Database Manager - Manage custom games for the GBA Emulator Sloop

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing work! I'm pretty well set for GBA hardware and emulators, but still curious to have a play with this, thank you for bringing so much improvement to what was leaked.

Reactions: peteruk

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slip has been updated again. This update is mostly about cleaning up the settings window to be more user friendly, and fixing a known bug. But I added in some settings that were undocumented. Mostly useless netplay settings, but a couple movie recording settings too.

There's a new Group Manager window available from the Edit menu. With it you can add/delete groups to assign to game titles, for all your personal organization needs.

V1.0.4.0, 05-06-22
  • Added Duplicate Game Title option, to help with creating alternative settings for titles while keeping exiting ones.
V1.0.3.0, 05-06-22
  • Cleaned up the settings window.
  • Added some missing settings.
  • Some cosmetic improvement's to the Setup Wizard.
  • Added support for adding/deleting Group names in app.
  • Deleting a title will now see the files associated with it deleted upon saving, as long as its the last title referencing those files.
  • No changes to Sloop+, so it does not need to be updated.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to add support for the hacked nsp or change the hacked title id to match the leaked nsp? since the leaked nsp is no where to be found

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to add support for the hacked nsp or change the hacked title id to match the leaked nsp? since the leaked nsp is no where to be found

No.

The hacked nsp should not even exist. The hack should have been distributed as a patch, not a pre compiled nsp. That is SUPER DUMB, and was only done to have that release groups name attached to it.

It makes changes that are not needed, and could cause issues. I'm not going to hack a hack back to normal when there is ZERO REASON that the original NSP shouldn't be as available.

If the release trackers dont provide it, you are just going to have to bug them until they do.

Andorin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh wow ! Very nice ! I’m a very big fan of gba and always try to play them perfectly on the Switch.
Is this emulator going to be 100% reliable ? What are your thoughts guys ?

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it keeps saying that my sloop isnt the original version and can't use hacked version. idk why it's not working. its the leaked eshop version with the 30 games. I got the dev keys and prod keys but it won't load my nsp can someone help me out thanks.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it keeps saying that my sloop isnt the original version and can't use hacked version. idk why it's not working. its the leaked eshop version with the 30 games. I got the dev keys and prod keys but it won't load my nsp can someone help me out thanks.

It does a checksum check of the selected NSP to ensure its the correct one.

There are currently only 2 known NSPs.

FileSha1 ChecksumValidity
01008bf00a1c8000.nsp53100D7CA4103778C0197819AA3F0B99639BBB26Good
Sloop [TitsPro v0.7.200819orL8R] [05008BF00A1C8000][v0].nspD4B15DEC0EADFF9F5CBA0E181272DE58115B9A21BAD

The good one has been verified multiple times. So if you have something else, its been modified and you need to find the REAL one.

If you can confirm that you do indeed have the good one, then it's possible there is some bug in my code. But I don't see how. The check is kind of strait-forward and simple.

Reactions: iLL wiLL

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
the nsp 05008bf00a1c8000 you got that is available from many sites won't work on this app
and 01008bf00a1c8000 is probably no where to be found anymore, so probably only a few people could use this app

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the nsp 05008bf00a1c8000 you got that is available from many sites won't work on this app
and 01008bf00a1c8000 is probably no where to be found anymore, so probably only a few people could use this app

I told him exactly what he needed to know. There's no sense scare mongering and dramatizing things. There is NO REASON that the proper, leaked version cant be made as available as the dumb pointlessly hacked one. Just request to sites that they post the legit one instead of the stupid one.

The hack should have never been compiled in it in the first place. It should have just been a patch.

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey deejay87 can you upload the correct version of sloop on your discord channel?? I have both versions but they aren't working with slip. they both have been modded.I looked everywere for the clean version. also I agree with DarkAkuma why did they have to hack it?? for bragging rights?? I tried getting it from the original source which was 4chan but links are dead. I would like to play a few gba games & even wii games (still waiting for one of my favorite Mario games) smg2. can u please make slip work with one of the above versions since no-one has the original...thanks.

I can only assume you are responding to the wrong person...

No. Piracy is not allowed in my discord. And I have already deleted your comment there asking for it.

I have ALREADY said how best to go about getting it, and even then I have probably said to much.

If you mean the "above versions" that I listed... I already have. It works with the correct one. I WILL NOT make it work with the dumb bad version. Besides the issue of having to unhack a hack... I count that on the level of a ROM pack. I consider ROM packs for NSO and Sloop to be an insult to me and my work on CaVE/Slip/SFROM Tool, etc.

I want to see that stupid version removed from everywhere, and the only way within my power to do so is to 100% not support it. Instead requiring links to it to be replaced with the correct one.

This is THE LAST TIME I am going to say all this. In the future I am going to report any such requests for piracy. This is not the place for such requests, and I am quickly getting sick of repeating myself.

Reactions: Brawl345 and FRKN4O

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only assume you are responding to the wrong person...

No. Piracy is not allowed in my discord. And I have already deleted your comment there asking for it.

I have ALREADY said how best to go about getting it, and even then I have probably said to much.

If you mean the "above versions" that I listed... I already have. It works with the correct one. I WILL NOT make it work with the dumb bad version. Besides the issue of having to unhack a hack... I count that on the level of a ROM pack. I consider ROM packs for NSO and Sloop to be an insult to me and my work on CaVE/Slip/SFROM Tool, etc.

I want to see that stupid version removed from everywhere, and the only way within my power to do so is to 100% not support it. Instead requiring links to it to be replaced with the correct one.

This is THE LAST TIME I am going to say all this. In the future I am going to report any such requests for piracy. This is not the place for such requests, and I am quickly getting sick of repeating myself.
I didn't know you were remaking it.there are channels on discord that have emulators.I thought that this was a homebrew emulators and if you remember in the 90s Nintendo Sony and sega tried suing emulation makers twice and lost! emulation isnt really piracy especially If you own the original games. you make it sound like I was asking for a switch game which I know isn't allowed here but homebrew shouldn't be looked at the same way.I see emulators such as mame,open bor, nes, snes, even another gba emu that I was thinking about trying since this ones not working properly. I totally support emulation because it preserves games that are hard to find and get. there are alot of great games from the 80s and 90s that I still like to play especially arcade games.

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know you were remaking it.there are channels on discord that have emulators.I thought that this was a homebrew emulators and if you remember in the 90s Nintendo Sony and sega tried suing emulation makers twice and lost! emulation isnt really piracy especially If you own the original games. you make it sound like I was asking for a switch game which I know isn't allowed here but homebrew shouldn't be looked at the same way.I see emulators such as mame,open bor, nes, snes, even another gba emu that I was thinking about trying since this ones not working properly. I totally support emulation because it preserves games that are hard to find and get. there are alot of great games from the 80s and 90s that I still like to play especially arcade games.

I can only assume that if you are posting in this thread, you know what Sloop is. Where it came from. I've made sure to refer to it as the official leaked emu several times.

But I guess I could put it in the FAQ section. As time goes on, I'm sure people will forget about the leak, or more people who never heard of it will show up.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only assume that if you are posting in this thread, you know what Sloop is. Where it came from. I've made sure to refer to it as the official leaked emu several times.

But I guess I could put it in the FAQ section. As time goes on, I'm sure people will forget about the leak, or more people who never heard of it will show up.
I guess there's always retroarch to use..most emus work pretty good. I remember when mame came out how exciting it was to play arcade games back in 96 and most games played at full speed on my pentium 3 back then. even the nesticle emu was impressive. im actually starting to get board of my switch...all these crappy 3rd party games that have been coming out. the last game that I really played was metroid dread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1