ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I deleted the catchegen and everything became slower, I thought I wouldn't need it anymore... I dont htink I have the most recent code.bin, does anyone know where I can get the recent comopiled code.bin or do I have to compile it myself from shiny quagsires github?

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I deleted the catchegen and everything became slower, I thought I wouldn't need it anymore... I dont htink I have the most recent code.bin, does anyone know where I can get the recent comopiled code.bin or do I have to compile it myself from shiny quagsires github?
Do you still have the SaltySD update or the official 1.1.6?

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Haha just learned how to use GIMP. Here's my treat to you guys: a Super Metroid Style Samus! (NOTE: This is a model edit. You NEED the .mbn file for it to work. I used the blue two-piece textures as a base, and put it over the orange two-piece.) View attachment 53663 View attachment 53664 View attachment 53665
My friend, please make Justin Bailey Zero Suit Samus (I attached a model hack from the Wii U version)

575ddd91a7b29.jpg

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone has the lastest SaltySD working with a region free home menu? Now Smash Bros. just freezes at launch...

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try backing up your save with JKSV and then holding A+B+X+Y while launching smash, then delete your save. then re-inject your save.
I had the same problem.
I did that, and it's still crashing.

I'm using NTSC Smash4 on a EUR 2DS.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen stays black, and then sends me back to the home menu with a error message.
i had a veeeeeery similar experience with this.
are you putting the entire data folder from the romfs into the /smash/ folder?
because if you do that, it overloads the game and it crashes. You're only supposed to put edits into the /smash/ folder.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i had a veeeeeery similar experience with this.
are you putting the entire data folder from the romfs into the /smash/ folder?
because if you do that, it overloads the game and it crashes. You're only supposed to put edits into the /smash/ folder.
Yeah, only edits.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is there a SaltySD 1.0 CIA update? I'd rather stick to RXTools right now and installing the CIA will be much easier for me.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, maybe it's because i'm using region free home menu, but SaltySD worked fine before...
if you have luma, it automatically patches so that the home menu is region free..
what region version of the game are you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...