ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@soulphraser Can you clean this up for me? I didn't know how to shade this. Here:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The legs are a solid color, I just need you to shade it to make it look realistic.

Attachments

• Justin Bailey ZSS-Alpha.zip
    207.9 KB · Views: 108

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A: What was the question? I may have an answer. B: Just dump the data\ui\lumen folder with the .tex editor, and recolor using GIMP or Ps. It's really easy!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 50757
I need to remove the trees, rocks, floating islands, pretty much everything except for the background from Battlefield. A hex editor won't get me anywhere, though... Any ideas?
It appears as though these files are all over the place, mostly in place where it appears it could be code, such as /data/ui/script. Furthermore, it seems as though most .xtal files are encoded too, though there are some readable bits, including what appears to be some input commands and a pointer to itself on what appears to be a development server. I really need to figure out how to decrypt these bits so I can modify them, does anyone have an idea of what they are? In particular, I wish to A. remove everything but the sky [which I modified] from Battlefield's background, and B. create a custom animation for Final Destination. Also, any progress on that menu mod @Yudowat?
Are you talking about this post? https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oyjtf/the_smash_3ds_character_select_screen_can_fit/ I believe they didnt actually change their css they just photoshoped a screenshot of one. If you want to edit the css I recomend sammi Husky's param editor on his github.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no text rip
You bumping all this? Damn. OK then.
Im not sure about the first one, (I dont mess with stages)
The menu mod kind of messed up, and I dont have much progress at all, but Ill see what I can do. Or did you want me to recreate that CSS from reddit?

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend, please make Justin Bailey Zero Suit Samus (I attached a model hack from the Wii U version)

575ddd91a7b29.jpg
Your prayers have been answered.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HNI_0030.JPG

HNI_0031.JPG

HNI_0032.JPG

Credit to @soulphraser for the leg textures, and @RetroGamer732 for the original 3DS Justin Bailey ZSS.​

So, guys, I'm working on a full mod. Help would be appreciated. Here are some of my concepts:

-Custom skins for everyone.
-Make everyone viable and fun to play(well can't say for people like Olimar and ROB, no one uses them.:sad:)
-(Small!)Viable stage edits (eg, Warioware no transformations)
-Custom stage textures
-New sfx(voices, music, sounds)
-Regular balancing as needed
-Various edits I think I will need to make
-Some surprises! :0

No, I am not making Project M 3D or Melee43DS or something like that. This is simply to make the game more fun to play, while adding new and appealing content. If you want to help, PM me. Let me know of any requests that you have. I'l try my best to meet them! :D

Attachments

• True Justin Bailey ZSS.zip
    324.9 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited by gryz,

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody try to load this custom Ragnell texture? I put it in model\fighter\ike, but it doesn't want to load. Here:

Attachments

• Ragnell.zip
    238 bytes · Views: 95

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midgar Omega with PSX colours V2
-FIX some of that darkness
HNI_0051.jpg

HNI_0052.jpg

HNI_0053.jpg

-original creator Raijinken

Can anybody try to load this custom Ragnell texture? I put it in model\fighter\ike, but it doesn't want to load. Here:
Capture.png

Attachments

• Midgar_Omega_PSX_colours_v2.rar
    141.2 KB · Views: 99

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. My bad. I'll fix the download when I get home.

Basically it colors the sword silver, but it doesn't work. It shows up in O3DS Rebirth though, which is weird.

soulphraser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. My bad. I'll fix the download when I get home.

Basically it colors the sword silver, but it doesn't work. It shows up in O3DS Rebirth though, which is weird.

idk works for me
Capture.png
Capture1.png

Attachments

• c00.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 86

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
What file holds the point to where the music is played from exiting a match or menu?
I wanted to add Smash Wii U's Menu music over the Melee theme but it returns to random points after a match; doesn't alight to the other music.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't show up in game for me. Does it show up for you?

@LinkSoraZelda Do you mean the alternate menu music? menu_2_nus3bank I think. Use foobar2000 to find it.

SlicR77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry back again. Apparently there is a way to add more music instead of replacing it in the wii u version of smash 4. Is there any way to do that for the 3ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...