ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
xero miku i can help you out with your loading time and online problem. Go here https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-3...-guide-textures-music-sfx-voice-clips.414548/ and scroll down until you see *FIX THE AWFUL LOADING TIMES WITH SALTYSD: Use this script from @ShadowLuigi~NG~ on the root of your SD card. download the script and drag cachegen.py into the root of your sd card. make sure you have any version of python. run a command prompt ( go to start,run...., type in cmd) once you open the command prompt, type the directory of your sd card i.e D: F: . type in 'cachegen.py saltysd\smash'. If you see a bunch of code fly across the screen then it worked. All of the credit goes to the original makers of the thread. I hoped this helped xero miku.
Um, no. Good try though.
That guide is incredibly outdated, and as I said above, if you want to speed up SaltySD you should follow the steps in my guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash3ds-updated-rom-hacking-guide.439533/
SaltySD does not use a cache on the SD anymore.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xero miku i can help you out with your loading time and online problem. Go here https://gbatemp.net/threads/smash-3...-guide-textures-music-sfx-voice-clips.414548/ and scroll down until you see *FIX THE AWFUL LOADING TIMES WITH SALTYSD: Use this script from @ShadowLuigi~NG~ on the root of your SD card. download the script and drag cachegen.py into the root of your sd card. make sure you have any version of python. run a command prompt ( go to start,run...., type in cmd) once you open the command prompt, type the directory of your sd card i.e D: F: . type in 'cachegen.py saltysd\smash'. If you see a bunch of code fly across the screen then it worked. All of the credit goes to the original makers of the thread. I hoped this helped xero miku.
That is for an ancient saltysd build... Also, the thread is locked for a reason.

Reactions: Yudowat

doowoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, the most frequent modder Xero-Miku has some problems with his stuff, but when he starts up he usually gets stuff done within a couple days. I believe I'm getting what I need to start modding again by December or January, so I'll be free to take requests then (After finishing my WIP projects.)

Sorry for the wait, trust me it isn't personal.
its ok ill wait I don't like bothering people or over working them so ill just wait no matter howlong it will be... vI got no life anyway so its not a strech waiting XD

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone make these?
57ac94bb970c1.jpg
57ac94d1f310a.jpg
57ac94d06aeda.jpg
57ac94d196a40.jpg

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 69127
Started working on a Lucas Jimmy Neutron skin, should I use these eyes or the regular ones?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

These look amazing, I'm definitely gonna try to make these.
those

kill me. Those look horrifying.
hey nobody wants to make model hacks

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
ya volvi!!!
sorry for the long week without posting something, i feel sad because i dont have money now to buy sun/moon, but as always here is something,
however i need to replace all my normal char mods, because i have to recreate them from zero(i need to decrypt my smash to obtain the models) but by tomorrow i hope i finish that, to make those shulk mode again and also include the marie and callie villager
(rose corrin with rose pattern cape, white warlock ganondorf, 02 rachel(blazeblue) 07 black/white peach)
HNI_0090.JPG
HNI_0091.JPG
HNI_0095.JPG
HNI_0096.JPG

oh i forgot, thank you so much to @BARNWEY and @Yudowat for the help, that helped me a lot!!! :D

on a side note, did someone know how to put arm9loaderhax to a 3ds(that only has homebrew) that is on 11.1.0-34U, without hardmod
i dont want to destroy my console

Attachments

• corrin.rar
    299.1 KB · Views: 790
  • ganon.rar
    215.9 KB · Views: 676
  • HNI_0092.JPG
    HNI_0092.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 162
  • HNI_0094.JPG
    HNI_0094.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 140
  • peach.rar
    373.9 KB · Views: 824
Reactions: Ballazack

doowoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya volvi!!!
sorry for the long week without posting something, i feel sad because i dont have money now to buy sun/moon, but as always here is something,
however i need to replace all my normal char mods, because i have to recreate them from zero(i need to decrypt my smash to obtain the models) but by tomorrow i hope i finish that, to make those shulk mode again and also include the marie and callie villager
(rose corrin with rose pattern cape, white warlock ganondorf, 02 rachel(blazeblue) 07 black/white peach)
View attachment 69361 View attachment 69355 View attachment 69358 View attachment 69359

THANK YOU THANKKKK YOUUUU SOOOO MUCHHHH!!!!!!

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ya volvi!!!
View attachment 69361 View attachment 69355 View attachment 69358 View attachment 69359

oh i forgot, thank you so much to @BARNWEY and @Yudowat for the help, that helped me a lot!!! :D

on a side note, did someone know how to put arm9loaderhax to a 3ds(that only has homebrew) that is on 11.1.0-34U, without hardmod
Welcome back! I'm glad I could help! And also, if you're on 11.1, do NOT update to 11.2. JUST DONT. There is apparently a way to downgrade then install A9LH (Without Hardmod/Another 3DS iirc) that was patched in 11.2, hopefully it'll be released soon.

Last edited by Yudowat,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya volvi!!!

No problem, glad I can help :)

No, I'm pretty sure people want to make them and are working on them. Lately I've been messing with models and things like this take time.
I used to do that, but lately I've been busy :(

Heegs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was able to unban myself thanks to the spare 3ds i had sitting around. On another note, sorry that the guide was outdated.

Last edited by Heegs,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe