Gaming Smash Ultimate: Kicks me out of stage select once it's opened?

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 9.0.0 of Smash Ultimate, and have (totally legally) installed all of the DLCs (I think all of them anyway, at least most of them.) Every time I go to "Smash" and then select a rule set, the stage select pops up quickly and then it kicks me back to the rule set select. I tried reinstalling the game to no avail. I used Ultimate Mod Manager in the past but don't anymore, and launching through that doesn't fix the issue. How can I fix this?

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because Ultimate Mod Manager creates copies of some of the game's files. It happens because you probably used UMM on 8.0 before the minecraft stage got added so UMM's files expect there to be one less stage than there actually is, that's why it gets confused at the stage select screen.

Did you uninstall UMM? Or is it still on your Switch and you just haven't used it in a while? Either way, you should be able to fix this by going into UMM and, on the main menu, pressing X to do a new Data Arc Dump.

Reactions: supergamer368

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is because Ultimate Mod Manager creates copies of some of the game's files. It happens because you probably used UMM on 8.0 before the minecraft stage got added so UMM's files expect there to be one less stage than there actually is, that's why it gets confused at the stage select screen.

Did you uninstall UMM? Or is it still on your Switch and you just haven't used it in a while? Either way, you should be able to fix this by going into UMM and, on the main menu, pressing X to do a new Data Arc Dump.
I removed UMM and reinstalled the Smash update and now it works, I'll work on getting UMM back later, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4