Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

D

Deleted User

Dunno if it's worth reporting, but this Super Mario World hack is failing to play past the "welcome" screen: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=18009
I created a srm file with Snes9x GX Wii 4.3.7 for this hack. This gets you past the welcome screen black out.
The first castle is complete and you can go to the second world. The name of the rom and srm file must be identical.
I tested this with Snes9x 3DS Version 1.30.

Attachments

• SMB1X.zip
    769 bytes · Views: 111
Last edited by ,

kathy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been noticing the screenshot feature taking longer and longer the more screenshots I have saved of a particular ROM. Would this ever be looked into? What about saving screenshots in their own folder/location?

Thanks for the save, by the way.
EDIT: Unfortunately, it seems like it just crashes whenever I exit a level, not just the intro.

Last edited by kathy,
D

Deleted User

I've been noticing the screenshot feature taking longer and longer the more screenshots I have saved of a particular ROM. Would this ever be looked into? What about saving screenshots in their own folder/location?

Thanks for the save, by the way.
EDIT: Unfortunately, it seems like it just crashes whenever I exit a level, not just the intro.
That´s strange, the game won´t crash for me when I leave a level. :mellow:

Edit: Ah! I see what you mean! The game crashes indeed after finishing a level!
You can download a complete save file in the SNES save file section if you want. All worlds unlocked!:)

Last edited by ,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just installed the last version from Bubble and it seems that the black background/field for Mario Kart (tested 50hz and 60hz versions) is back. Anyone has got the same problem ?

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When i add a custom image for the top menu of the emulator it doesn't work(wont show the one i put) The same thing i did on the VirtuaNES works tho
I t used to work and i think something was changed after version 1.20 i suppose cause now it doesnt work
This is the one i used to use,the one i edited back then
https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/page-42#post-6714173

Anyone else got issues with this?

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 'custom' top screen png was hardcoded into the latest release of snes9x_3ds.

Basically if you want your own image you need to use / roll back to an earlier release - but you won't enjoy the extra compatibility and superior sound of the final release if you do that.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The 'custom' top screen png was hardcoded into the latest release of snes9x_3ds.

Basically if you want your own image you need to use / roll back to an earlier release - but you won't enjoy the extra compatibility and superior sound of the final release if you do that.

Why it was hardcoded on SNES homebrew only? Iv been away from the thread and i had no idea
Is there any chance he is bringing this back tho?

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bubble was asked about this in this thread but I don't think he got around to responding. I don't really blame him as he seemed to take the visual cohesiveness / identity of his emulator suite pretty seriously and never referred to the top screen image as 'custom'. It was just super easy to swap out.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Bubble was asked about this in this thread but I don't think he got around to responding. I don't really blame him as he seemed to take the visual cohesiveness / identity of his emulator suite pretty seriously and never referred to the top screen image as 'custom'. It was just super easy to swap out.

Gah Ok ty :/

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah Ok ty :/
  1. In GodMode9, select the snes9x_3ds.cia and choose CIA image options...Encrypt file (...) Encrypt inplace or Encrypt to 0:/gm9/out if you prefer a separate modified copy.
  2. Download HackingToolkit9DS V12 and cut & paste placing the *.cia within the the same folder as the *.exe. Rename the *.cia to something simple like snes9x.cia.
  3. In HackingToolkit9DS, type ce and press enter. Type snes9x and press enter.
  4. In the ExtractedRomFS folder, edit and replace the snes9x_3ds_top.png image. The following criteria must be met in PhotoShop settings for that picture:
    • Size: 400 x 240 pixels
    • Resolution: 72 ppi
    • Mode: Indexed Color
    • name and format must stay the same: snes9x_3ds_top.png
  5. In HackingToolkit9DS, type cr and press enter. Type snes9sex ←(for lol educational purposes. It can be whatever simple name you want it to be) and press enter. Type 0 and press enter, both times.
  6. You should now have a snes9sex_Edited.cia. Take this in GodMode9 and choose CIA image options...Decrypt file (...) Decrypt inplace.
  7. Install that modified *.cia of yours in FBI and enjoy the custom entry wallpaper. :)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
  1. In GodMode9, select the snes9x_3ds.cia and choose CIA image options...Encrypt file (...) Encrypt inplace or Encrypt to 0:/gm9/out if you prefer a separate modified copy.
  2. Download HackingToolkit9DS V12 and cut & paste placing the *.cia within the the same folder as the *.exe. Rename the *.cia to something simple like snes9x.cia.
  4. In the ExtractedRomFS folder, edit and replace the snes9x_3ds_top.png image. The following criteria must be met in PhotoShop settings for that picture:
  5. In HackingToolkit9DS, type cr and press enter. Type snes9sex ←(for lol educational purposes. It can be whatever simple name you want it to be) and press enter. Type 0 and press enter, both times.
  6. You should now have a snes9sex_Edited.cia. Take this in GodMode9 and choose CIA image options...Decrypt file (...) Decrypt inplace.
  7. Install that modified *.cia of yours in FBI and enjoy the custom entry wallpaper. :)
Daaaaaym. ty so much bruh! Nice solution but indexed color reduces the quality of the pic, i gave up. ty anw

Last edited by Shin Akuma,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to ask, but does the issue with PicoDrive in which it didn't boot Sega CD games also affect the other emus with new UI?
I am thinking of perhaps redownloading the entire emus by bubble2k, but I was wondering that.
Do you have a link to all of the newly fix emus with the new assets?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daaaaaym. ty so much bruh! Nice solution but indexed color reduces the quality of the pic, i gave up. ty anw
I listed Index Color as that's what Bubble's background images come as. You can use RGB Color and compressed PNG. The *.cia size will be a little bigger, and 3D mode appears slightly more sensitive with flickering.

Here's Zelda Twilight Princess - Light & Twilight theme as an example background.
snes9x_custom_background.png

As for any game breaking issues using RGB Color PNG, I haven't seen it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Sorry to ask, but does the issue with PicoDrive in which it didn't boot Sega CD games also affect the other emus with new UI?
I am thinking of perhaps redownloading the entire emus by bubble2k, but I was wondering that.
Do you have a link to all of the newly fix emus with the new assets?
Nah, that Sega CD bug was limited to blue picodrive as far as able, vulpes-vulpeos, and I could gather testing the other three emulators playing main and extended library games (red virtuanes → Famicom Disk System || orange temperpce → PC Engine CD || purple snes9x → Satellaview) *.

* Those known to work in GBAtemp compatibility wiki pages.

I did make corrections to all four forks of the *.3dsx emulators because of their internal icons. Delete their *.smdh and you'll see the original Bubble ones. Other than that, there were several previous corrections like the [alt] folder name tag removal and those same green panels missed in the first release of red virtuanes.

Check my signature for quick links in re-downloading. ^_^

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I listed Index Color as that's what Bubble's background images come as. You can use RGB Color and compressed PNG. The *.cia size will be a little bigger, and 3D mode appears slightly more sensitive with flickering.

Here's Zelda Twilight Princess - Light & Twilight theme as an example background.
snes9x_custom_background.png

As for any game breaking issues using RGB Color PNG, I haven't seen it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Nah, that Sega CD bug was limited to blue picodrive as far as able, vulpes-vulpeos, and I could gather testing the other three emulators playing main and extended library games (red virtuanes → Famicom Disk System || orange temperpce → PC Engine CD || purple snes9x → Satellaview) *.

* Those known to work in GBAtemp compatibility wiki pages.

I did make corrections to all four forks of the *.3dsx emulators because of their internal icons. Delete their *.smdh and you'll see the original Bubble ones. Other than that, there were several previous corrections like the [alt] folder name tag removal and those same green panels missed in the first release of red virtuanes.

Check my signature for quick links in re-downloading. ^_^
Ah great!
I'll redownload them all and then reinstall them.
Is there anything else I need to do?
Only reinstalling them should fix the issue? Or should I do something else?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah great!
I'll redownload them all and then reinstall them.
Is there anything else I need to do?
Only reinstalling them should fix the issue? Or should I do something else?
Nope, that's about it.

- Replace the *.3dsx ones if you like consistency with Vulpes-Vupleo's alternative icons.
- Reinstall the red virtuanes if you're using the one released in July 30, 2018.
- Rename any folders and files by removing the [alt] tag.
- Reinstall the blue picodrive to fix the Sega CD bug.
- Of course, play more classic games. :)

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, that's about it.

- Replace the *.3dsx ones if you like consistency with Vulpes-Vupleo's alternative icons.
- Reinstall the red virtuanes if you're using the one released in July 30, 2018.
- Rename any folders and files by removing the [alt] tag.
- Reinstall the blue picodrive to fix the Sega CD bug.
- Of course, play more classic games. :)
Neat!
I'll update the whole package of emus once I'm home today.

Picasso-Jazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to choose to control player 2? I'm wondering 'cause I want to enter the speed 10 cheat code in Street Fighter II Turbo which can only be done on the Player 2 controller unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2