Hacking so about how long does it actually take to install A9LH

D

Deleted User

Took me a whole day but that's because I was paranoid and made like 5 backups every couple steps.

Reactions: daxtsu

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not done the n3ds a9lh - still waiting on gateway for that. however, I think that's on the emunand, so u won't brick ur system. there's an option to fix it in an app - can't think of the name, but I remember seeing that option.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
ah this is information i needed definitely but the one line that really bothers me is this "RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)" thats during the otp process but still about rednand
That is taken care of with otp helper. Read the rest ffs lol. After this is all said and done you won't be using a rednand anyways

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing u have to worry about is not using the right cia files when upgrading/downgrading. just double-check that u have the right cia files. he's added a sha256 checksum, so u might want to check that. u should be able to do that with a hex editor. windows might be able to, but I'm not sure.

btw, the backups will insure u won't have a permanent brick if something bad happens. plus, a9lh will allow u to fix bricks, so that's another reason to install it.

Last edited by veraci_00,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I think the only thing u have to worry about is not using the right cia files when upgrading/downgrading. just double-check that u have the right cia files. he's added a sha256 checksum, so u might want to check that. u should be able to do that with a hex editor. windows might be able to, but I'm not sure.

btw, the backups will insure u won't have a permanent brick if something bad happens. plus, a9lh will allow u to fix bricks, so that's another reason to install it.
The downgrader also checks the files before installing them.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but whats all the talk i see about needing to hard mod to fix a brick then?

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downgrader also checks the files before installing them.

it does? because when I installed a9lh shortly after it being a new hacking method, I installed the wrong cia files requiring a backup from 6.x.x. it didn't check them when I did it. they just installed causing a hard brick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but whats all the talk i see about needing to hard mod to fix a brick then?

if u can't get into the recovery menu, it's a hard brick. that should only happen if installing the wrong cia files.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
it does? because when I installed a9lh shortly after it being a new hacking method, I installed the wrong cia files requiring a backup from 6.x.x. it didn't check them when I did it. they just installed causing a hard brick.

if u can't get into the recovery menu, it's a hard brick. that should only happen if installing the wrong cia files.
Yup. You forget the guide gets updated almost everyday

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. You forget the guide gets updated almost everyday

that's the mistake I made, because it was easy to install the wrong cia files. the n3ds and o3ds were separated at the time instead of put in the same section. ironically, I messed up by that when it should have been easier. :P

Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
that's the mistake I made, because it was easy to install the wrong cia files. the n3ds and o3ds were separated at the time instead of put in the same section. ironically, I messed up by that when it should have been easier. :P
That's when I did my n3ds. I was in the right section the entire time. I still kept checking I was in the right section every few min lol. Didn't want a brick.

deathblade200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ah gotcha yeah I already have the first few files needed for part 2 set up but I swear I checked them like 10 or so times to make sure i got the right ones lol

Drake008

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it necessary to use the A9LH when I'm on Original Nand 4.1 with Gateway Emunand?
And if so can I get an advise where to look for a tutorial.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to use the A9LH when I'm on Original Nand 4.1 with Gateway Emunand?
And if so can I get an advise where to look for a tutorial.

if ur using gateway, I'd hold off on a9lh since the gateway payload hasn't been released yet. it's not needed at all, but it has some perks like fixing bricks and immediate loading unlike msets or menuhax or etc. to boot gateway's emunand.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 has been unsuccessful for me 4 times at the same CIA with Plaisys\updater today, going to try one last time with another system updater.

Update, Failure at the same titlekey ending with 008f02

Last edited by DHall243,

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 has been unsuccessful for me 4 times at the same CIA with Plaisys\updater today, going to try one last time with another system updater.

Update, Failure at the same titlekey ending with 008f02

well, the guide i followed recommended downgrading from 10.7 to 2.1, maybe that's where you're having problems?

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the guide i followed recommended downgrading from 10.7 to 2.1, maybe that's where you're having problems?

How are you going to update to 10.7? Lol i figured it out. I went from 11.0 to 2.1.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i meant the latest was still 10.7 when i followed the guide hehe. there was always this "update to the latest" step in the guide.

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i meant the latest was still 10.7 when i followed the guide hehe. there was always this "update to the latest" step in the guide.
Probably Plailects guide, we all use or have used it lol. Its updated now, it mentioned nothing about updating, but if you update emunand to 11.0 and change your firmware.bin in the luma folder itll downgrade like a charm.

Basically if your sysnand is not 11.0 your good to a9lh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...