so has anyone tried exploiting the usb descriptors on patched switches?

Dr_Dankenstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this stuff with the raspberry pi not just with the switch but with the wii u and the gamecube has me thinking,
would it be possible or has anyone tried a similar exploit to the wii u USB descriptor exploit on the switch?

it has usb c and in the dock you get two type a ports, I use mine docked with nxmp and a 1tb drive plugged in, even when its off I hear it spin up and down randomly so it must be checking for the devices right?
and when the device is docked again it switches over to docked mode so it must query if the device is a dock at the very least

so maybe a pi could pull something off emulating a usb or something exploiting that check similar to how it was done for UDPIH
https://garyodernichts.blogspot.com...9ksh3Vm8EnuSRcXCSdEYJYbWviWrmq1_InoI8S-6dKuBk

plus you can actually use udpih with the switch anyway on wii u to load the menu so at the least its compatible right?

from there hekate could be pushed maybe?

just as i say random thought maybe its been tried maybe not but figured its worth an ask at least or il never know

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If there actually was a way to exploit them, we wouldn't have heard the actual Switch hackers saying that the console is unhackable over and over and over...

It's probably going to be another Xbox 360 situation where there's never going to be a softmod.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock