Hacking So I brought a banned p5 from someone like a fuckin idiot! I heard you can pay a hacker to unban it. Is that true?

jokolas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I brought a banned p5 from someone like a fuckin idiot! I heard you can pay a hacker to unban it. Is that true?

jokolas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I brought a banned p5 from someone like a fuckin idiot! I heard you can pay a hacker to unban it. Is that true?
Some guy I talked to was talking about getting access buying server and 2fa authentication code from somewhere. The service was about $150. Idk how true that would be. I feel like it bs but I honestly don't know what to do with p5 if that doesn't work. Anybody know anything?
Post automatically merged:

Well what can I do this now big piece of shit if I can't even use it. Just sent it back to Sony and take my L.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Some guy I talked to was talking about getting access buying server and 2fa authentication code from somewhere. The service was about $150. Idk how true that would be. I feel like it bs but I honestly don't know what to do with p5 if that doesn't work. Anybody know anything?
Post automatically merged:

Well what can I do this now big piece of shit if I can't even use it. Just sent it back to Sony and take my L.
I don't think Sony will do anything for you. Use it to play offline or sell it back at a discount (do the right thing and list it as banned). If you keep it, don't update it and you may eventually be able to jailbreaj it luck and add some functionality to it.

jokolas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Sony will do anything for you. Use it to play offline or sell it back at a discount (do the right thing and list it as banned). If you keep it, don't update it and you may eventually be able to jailbreaj it luck and add some functionality to it.
I can't even sign in. So I don't I'll be able to do anything. Based off this reply. So when I contact Sony and inform them of this banned PS5. They gonna want me to ship it to them or something?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can't even sign in. So I don't I'll be able to do anything. Based off this reply. So when I contact Sony and inform them of this banned PS5. They gonna want me to ship it to them or something?
They will ask you to put it in the electronic recycling bin most likely. Why would they want it back?

jokolas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will ask you to put it in the electronic recycling bin most likely. Why would they want it back?
Figure they would resell it as refurbished to someone after they unbanned it since they have it back in their base. I can't do shit with it, so I don't really care what happens to it but if it can be useful to the original owner or it's original creator. Why the hell not. That a pretty penny to just be in the trash lol

KibaOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure they would resell it as refurbished to someone after they unbanned it since they have it back in their base. I can't do shit with it, so I don't really care what happens to it but if it can be useful to the original owner or it's original creator. Why the hell not. That a pretty penny to just be in the trash lol
How much did you pay? Oof. (and I mean I'd totally take a banned console just to have parts lol) so I agree with linuxares. Sell it for parts or split it apart into the parts and sell them.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Sign in to PSN or even to a local account? Because you should be able to sign in to a local account. Is it a disc or discless PS5?

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I didn't know Sony banned PS5 consoles, what do you have to do to make that happen? It's not like anyone can play pirated games, hack savegames or cheat on a PS5, is there?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I didn't know Sony banned PS5 consoles, what do you have to do to make that happen? It's not like anyone can play pirated games, hack savegames or cheat on a PS5, is there?
Stolen Credit Card is common tactic to get your console banned.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stolen Credit Card is common tactic to get your console banned.
Stolen or fake credit cards to be exact can and will get your console banned, or, even when cheating in online play. There are plenty of reasons as to what can get you banned in the first place.

On an unrelated note, I do notice that this is a Redditor by the looks of it. Either they were quite stupid as to thinking that banned consoles can be recoverable, or, they wanted a fairly good deal than forking out the extra cash for a brand-new shiny PS5.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, you hi too