Homebrew So what happened to DS GAME MAKER?

DigitalDesignDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In case anyone is interested you can certainly still download and use Ds Game Maker from the Ds Game Maker Fan site link mentioned above.

It uses virtual box emulation though which I found slowed down my workflow so I looked into setting up DS Game Maker on Windows 10 without Virtual box and was successful!

I made a tutorial on it below for anyone else that's interested in an alternative to using virtual box to get DS game Maker running on Windows 10.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone is interested you can certainly still download and use Ds Game Maker from the Ds Game Maker Fan site link mentioned above.

It uses virtual box emulation though which I found slowed down my workflow so I looked into setting up DS Game Maker on Windows 10 without Virtual box and was successful!

I made a tutorial on it below for anyone else that's interested in an alternative to using virtual box to get DS game Maker running on Windows 10.

I think the best solution would be updating the software on a large scale to accept updated tools and what not. The Frankenstein setups people have been doing all these years do work, I personally feel like we would just be better off updating the source material for it to not only work with older operating systems, but current as well.

JoelB2011

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

It's great!!! Thanks for taking the time to make this wonderful tutorial! Hopefully more people see it and are encouraged to make games for DS!

Reactions: DigitalDesignDude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work