Hacking Question Softmod solution this year?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Then forget it, it's a pain in the ass for 5.x.x users.
I remember the days of redsn0w and the tethered jailbreak... THAT was a PITA. RCM/AutoRCM is simple, and only inconvenient for the lazy

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the days of redsn0w and the tethered jailbreak... THAT was a PITA. RCM/AutoRCM is simple, and only inconvenient for the lazy

I thought it had a high brick risk? I don't even have a jig, either, and I don't have much money, not really an option. And no, I'm not making one as that could damage it.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Absolutely no chance this year, but it will happen, if you are in a hurry buy the team Exeggutor's thing.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've been Proven a 100000 times already that that ain't true but you keep spouting this nonsense ! No a kernel exploit which Will work through the webkit exploit will be released once atmo is released. It has been said a lot of times by sciresm and still you keep Spouting this nonsense. For the 1000000th already, a kernel exploit which needs the webkit exploit will be released once atmo launches
What are you talking about? The exploit for 1.0.0-3.0.0 will be released around the time Atmosphere is released. The exploit for 3.0.1-4.1.0 will be released much later.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What are you talking about? The exploit for 1.0.0-3.0.0 will be released around the time Atmosphere is released. The exploit for 3.0.1-4.1.0 will be released much later.
You said that it only works through RCM in that post hence why I commented that or I misread, if so sorry for the response then

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said that it only works through RCM in that post hence why I commented that or I misread, if so sorry for the response then
We were talking about the exploit for 4.1.0. Everything I said about that exploit previously is correct as far as I know.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We were talking about the exploit for 4.1.0. Everything I said about that exploit previously is correct as far as I know.
eum don't know, all I know the kernel exploit will get released that will get loaded through the webkit exploit and doesn't need any kind of RCM, not even the first time

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eum don't know, all I know the kernel exploit will get released that will get loaded through the webkit exploit and doesn't need any kind of RCM, not even the first time
It's more than a kernel exploit. It'll allow full TrustZone exploitation.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I thought it had a high brick risk? I don't even have a jig, either, and I don't have much money, not really an option. And no, I'm not making one as that could damage it.
Who said that? I mean, you're literally bricking your boot0 (I think that's what it is) with AutoRCM but the system still works after booting from RCM. Also, making a makeshift jig is the easiest thing I'll do all. Year. A couple bends in a paperclip and boom, you're done. It only damages your system if you're not careful. I've got a jig now that the SX Pro arrived, so there's that I spose.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said that? I mean, you're literally bricking your boot0 (I think that's what it is) with AutoRCM but the system still works after booting from RCM. Also, making a makeshift jig is the easiest thing I'll do all. Year. A couple bends in a paperclip and boom, you're done. It only damages your system if you're not careful. I've got a jig now that the SX Pro arrived, so there's that I spose.

IDK, I may just forget the whole Switch hacking scene as a whole. I'd rather not explain why, just a lot going on and I feel burned out.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
IDK, I may just forget the whole Switch hacking scene as a whole. I'd rather not explain why, just a lot going on and I feel burned out.
To be completely honest, it's a scrambled scene filled with drama and entitlement. That may not fall in line with your reason, but I don't blame you.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest, it's a scrambled scene filled with drama and entitlement. That may not fall in line with your reason, but I don't blame you.

I've just...been going through a literal hell the past several months, so much so that the hacking scene in its entirety is mere anathema to me. I need a break. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you. To be blunt, I'd personally rather wait till things are more consistent and more organized.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you guys are right so much for me not updating, guess I'll wait until late-October then decide just in case. I mean I guess I could update without burning fuses :evil:

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you guys are right so much for me not updating, guess I'll wait until late-October then decide just in case. I mean I guess I could update without burning fuses :evil:
update without burn fuses, so you can play newer games like Smash or Pokemon

Reactions: Ian095

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The exploit for 1.0.0-3.0.0 will be released around the time Atmosphere is released.
Source?
Atmosphère is "just" a CFW (like SX OS) and would still need to be booted into from within RCM.
A software coldboothax has nothing to do with that in the first place.
Or ain't this thread about coldboothax at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong