Hacking Question Softmod solution this year?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep i think im gona stick to RCM. thanks :)
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, you can use the above guide to update from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0 manually without burning any efuses. This has the benefit of giving you a way to downgrade back to 4.1.0 if you need it later, but it requires you to install AutoRCM until then.

With AutoRCM installed, your Switch will automatically boot into RCM on each coldboot, meaning you'll need to be tethered to something like a computer each time you power it on. Leaving it in sleep mode partially solves this problem.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: tiliarou

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The whole scene is so confusing, there's no cohesion or all-in-one threads to tell people what we can or can't do on 5.x.x, no organization, so I get lost.
It's not so confusing once you shift through all the information and find only what is important.

In short - there is one exploit. Fusee Gelee. This is a boot time exploit which requires a payload to be sent over USB. This can be sent from PC, Android phone, a USB dongle like the TX one, whatever.

There are a couple of CFW out there right now which use this exploit.
-SX (the Team Xecuter one, which is free except for the backup loader which need a licence).
-hekate (open souce 'CFW' based on Atmosphere among other things).
-Atmosphere (open source CFW, not finished yet).

Regarding backup loading, SX is the only one which support 'cart emulation' i.e. it loads .xci files as if they were carts. Other forms of backup loading rely on something called LayeredFS which is less reliable.

That's it. Everything else such as unreleased exploits or whatever is just noise.

Reactions: tiliarou

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not so confusing once you shift through all the information and find only what is important.

In short - there is one exploit. Fusee Gelee. This is a boot time exploit which requires a payload to be sent over USB. This can be sent from PC, Android phone, a USB dongle like the TX one, whatever.

There are a couple of CFW out there right now which use this exploit.
-SX (the Team Xecuter one, which is free except for the backup loader which need a licence).
-hekate (open souce 'CFW' based on Atmosphere among other things).
-Atmosphere (open source CFW, not finished yet).

Regarding backup loading, SX is the only one which support 'cart emulation' i.e. it loads .xci files as if they were carts. Other forms of backup loading rely on something called LayeredFS which is less reliable.

That's it. Everything else such as unreleased exploits or whatever is just noise.

There are so many threads, and so many posts, it's hard for me to sift through them, admittedly.

Reactions: deanspeed

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There are so many threads, and so many posts, it's hard for me to sift through them, admittedly.
What I posted is pretty much all you need to know.

If you mainly want homebrew and want it to be free, use hekate CTCaer mod. Send payloads from your PC using a USB-C cable and have fun. You can do backup loading using LayeredFS but it is still pretty spotty.

If you mainly want backup loading, TX SX is genuinely decent. The ability to load .xci files as carts is genuinely a big deal, none of the open source CFW are remotely close to implementing this. You can either just get SX from their website and pay for the digital licence, or buy the package with the USB dongle if you don't want to have to send payloads from PC.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to find an answer to this but here goes - does the 4.1.0 private exploit through the browser require an internet connection? From the mention of the browser I assume so but then what if you want to launch CFW and have no internet. Is there another way?
If they make it work like that for my 3.02 Switch later down the road, that would be perfect as i always have 3GB per month of internet and never use and I can create a wireless hotspot as easy as 1 or 2 touches on the screen and I always, always have the phone with me...

Its a HUGE amount better than having to put the USB cable all the time as they break after a lot of use and its quite a big hassle to solder a new USB-C socket on the Switch and micro-usb on my phone...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe