SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My cable finally arrived but the two flash drives I have tried so far have not worked. I have one more to try before resorting to borrowing one from someone.

Whenever I plugged in the last two on the memory management screen, the xbox made a weird "pulsing" noise until I unplugged them; I assume this means it was trying to read them and couldn't, or something like that.

Hopefully will get a chance to try it out with my other drive on Monday.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This list of compatible USB devices was included with package I downloaded.

Sandisk Cruzer Micro [USB2.0] 128MB Flash
Sandisk Cruzer Micro [USB2.0] 512MB Flash
Sandisk Cruzer Micro [USB2.0] 1024MB Flash
Sandisk Cruzer Micro [USB2.0] 4096MB Flash
Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 [USB2.0] 512MB Flash (SDCZ6-512)
Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 [USB2.0] 1024MB Flash (SDCZ6-1024)
Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 [USB2.0] 2048MB Flash (SDCZ6-2048)
Sandisk Cruzer Micro U3 [USB2.0] 4GB Flash (SDCZ6-4096-E10)

I couldn't get a PNY 1GB or a 16GB EMTEC to work, my 16GB EMTEC did the pulsing you mentioned.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The two I tried so far were 4GB, not sure of the brand (they had website branding instead of the manufacturer branding). The one I have left to try is a 128MB Disgo one. If it fails, I may look online and see how much the ones you mentioned are these days, if they're still available; may be a lot less hassle than trying every drive I can get my hands on.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a 4GB Sandisk Cruzer with the white slider, still available in the stores. I saw somebody post that a 4GB Sandisk with a red slider will work too, but those seem a bit more expensive than the ones with the white slider. 4GB Sandisk usb sticks are going cheap around here, probably get one for $8 or less.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I've hit a roadblock. None of my USB drives were recognised, so I bought a different cable which allows me to connect my controller to my PC, and read my memory card through it. This seems to work, I've managed to get xplorer360 to see the save file currently on it:
hU2Pm.png

The problem is, dragging a folder into either pane does nothing. So I can't copy the hacked save onto it. I also tried using xport360 to make a backup image of the memory card, and then tried editing that image file with xplorer360, and it still didn't work. So I don't think it is a problem with the actual writing to the memory card, but some other problem with xplorer360. (As far as I can tell, you can't directly inject folders in xport360, but only make and restore full images).

Any ideas?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm.
I never tried it before nor could I find data about it so it was worth a shot atleast ;p

Do you have a exploitable game like 007 Agent under Fire, Mechassault 1 or Splintercell (no platinum hits) and a Xbox MU?
Then you could send one to me or FAST and we could put a hacked save on it.
(I can also ship a game + MU your way if you want to and you can ship it back once it's softmodded)
Might be a bit easier then fiddling with it for weeks on end ;p

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hotswapping seems far too complicated and difficult for me.

My MU isn't an official first party one. I believe it is a Datel one, 16MB. Dunno if this makes a difference. I'll probably keep fiddling with it a bit, and try and borrow a few more USB drives to try with. Thanks for the offer though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Shouldn't make much of a difference.

It just came to my mind again.
Install Xbox action replay on your PC.
Then mod one of the controllers end cord with a male USB connector.
Connect it to your pc and open up the AR software.

Then it should recognize the MU.
Doesn't matter if it's a official one or a Datel one.
As long as it can carry the hacked save ;p

Then copy it over and load up a game.

It should work without installing software to recognize the xbox controller but I'm not entirely sure of it.

Don't know if you already tried it tho.
And no probs ;]
If you do want it then just PM me.
Or FAST if he's still able to copy hacked saves.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've hit a roadblock. None of my USB drives were recognised, so I bought a different cable which allows me to connect my controller to my PC, and read my memory card through it. This seems to work, I've managed to get xplorer360 to see the save file currently on it:
hU2Pm.png

The problem is, dragging a folder into either pane does nothing. So I can't copy the hacked save onto it. I also tried using xport360 to make a backup image of the memory card, and then tried editing that image file with xplorer360, and it still didn't work. So I don't think it is a problem with the actual writing to the memory card, but some other problem with xplorer360. (As far as I can tell, you can't directly inject folders in xport360, but only make and restore full images).

Any ideas?

Extract the archives of the game exploit and the launcher, each one should extract a UDATA folder. Look in the UDATA folder and you will see a numbered folder. Run Xplorer360 and find your Partition 0 device. Now drag and drop the numbered folders (one at a time) onto the Partition 0 (not the window) and the files will copy to the Partition 0 device. I tried doing this and XBOX memory card I had was to small of capacity to hold the launcher files, but the sandisk usb drive had more than enough capacity.

QZSnp.jpg

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did exactly that, and nothing happened. But I have been reading about a bit, and it looks like UAC may interfere with the process in some way. I have disabled it but I need to restart my computer before it takes effect apparently. I don't have my MU available right now anyway, but I do have a dump of it I can try injecting the files into and see if it works.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shouldn't make much of a difference.

It just came to my mind again.
Install Xbox action replay on your PC.
Then mod one of the controllers end cord with a male USB connector.
Connect it to your pc and open up the AR software.

Then it should recognize the MU.
Doesn't matter if it's a official one or a Datel one.
As long as it can carry the hacked save ;p

Then copy it over and load up a game.

It should work without installing software to recognize the xbox controller but I'm not entirely sure of it.

Don't know if you already tried it tho.
And no probs ;]
If you do want it then just PM me.
Or FAST if he's still able to copy hacked saves.

Yeah, I did try that. I got a cable a few days ago to connect the controller to the USB port on my computer, and I managed to find AR, but it didn't recognise my MU. Now that I think about it though, I didn't run it as administrator, which is needed for xplorer360 and xport360, so I may try again and do that.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that I have disabled UAC, I can copy stuff to the memory card images I have with ease. I am assuming this will mean it will also work with an actual MU, if not I should hopefully be able to restore the edited image with xport. I won't be able to try it until Monday, but I am confident now that this will work. Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions and help.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa now reading all of this junk makes it look like modding a Xbox requires a lot of steps. When I modded my Xbox all I used was a usb adapter to hook up my Xbox controller to PC, installed Xport, put in MC, dragged and dropped game save to MC, booted up game(Mech Assault), launched exploit, installed XBMC. You can even replace the HD with a softmod as long as you follow the right steps.

Now I know you've done most of these steps but for people curious or wanting to know. Just follow this guide here http://www.biline.ca/xbox_ndure.htm you can download the latest version of Xport here http://us.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=70 make sure you run the program as admin or just disable UAC(you're better off without it)

The guide even gives you 3 ways to install the exploit:
  1. Using an Action Replay or GameShark USB Memory card writer
  2. Using an Xbox Controller and a PC
  3. Using a USB Flash Memory Stick
Plus it tells you how to replace your HD with a bigger one even if you have a softmod. The hardest part is just finding the tools to be able to open the Xbox up.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
What I used as the memory device was one of those cheap sd card readers with a 1gb sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...