SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also installed a dll file to my system32 folder of my windows directory.I read that I had to do copy the dll file to the system32 folder if I was using windows 7.

here is a link to Xplore360, with the dll files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uthn3j435m55t4m

install to: local disk(C:) > Windows > System32
By my understanding, that's the Visual C redistributable or something, and I'm pretty sure I already have it. From what I saw, the program wouldn't run at all without it, so I think I'm OK on that front. Thanks though.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to let you all know, I got it working fine now. Disabling UAC was the solution. Now have UnleashX on my xbox with XBMC as an app, will probably install the shortcut thing before too long.

Thanks for everyone's help.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to here that. But I don't remember disabling UAC, hmm. I'll probably dive into XBMC before long but think I want to figure out PS3 Media Server first, my nephew has PS3 Media Server on his PS3 and both of his XBOX 360's recognize it thru his network, I gotta go see him and check that out. So much to do with so little time to do it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sweet that everything worked out.

And with shortcut do you mean that when you press a button it boots to XBMC instead of UnleashX or?
It's possible but I forgot how.
Got the same for UnleashX, MS Dash and XBMC.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sweet that everything worked out.

And with shortcut do you mean that when you press a button it boots to XBMC instead of UnleashX or?
It's possible but I forgot how.
Got the same for UnleashX, MS Dash and XBMC.
I meant installing the Team XBMC shortcut, as described here: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/XBMC_for_Xbox#As_a_Dashboard. Essentially replacing the UnleashX XBE with an XBE that will just load the XBMC XBE.

But I think I saw something about what you're referring to in the UnleashX options.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahh.

I personally prefer UnleashX as the default dash, MS dash I can can reboot to UnleashX by going to XBLive and from UnleashX I can just boot XBMC from a dedicated blade ;p
Imho it's better to shortcut it with the controller.

Whyat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my xbox then I used the aid disc to change the dash to xbmc. After it was all set up I ran chimp and upgraded the hdd.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the hdd hot swap method to hack mine. No games/action replay needed. Supposedly you can damage the drive you're not careful but did it with mine and a friend's xbox without problems.

Currently Kingroach's Ndure script is dependant on xboxhdm to deliver its functionalities which include:
1. The installation of Ndure softmod.
2. Setting up of shadow C with msdash files.
3. Setting up of UDDAE if the option was selected during the ndure PC installer steps.

With the accidental discovery that xplorer360 can open shadowc.img in shadowc folder as a FATX image file, we can now do all of the above with xplorer360.

1. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360. Backup contents of C drive (partition 3).
2. Close the drive in xplorer360 and open shadowc.img in shadowc folder of ndure C folder with xplorer360.
3. Copy backup files from step 1 over to partition 0. Close the image.
4. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360 again. If you want ndure to coexist with existing msdash, copy over contents of ndure C folder over to partition 3. and take care ernie.xtf is copied before xbox.xtf. Otherwise delete away contents of partition 3 and copy over Ndure C folder contents over.
5. Copy ndure E folder contents to partition 4.
6. For setting up of UDDAE,
a. Copy xboxdashdata.17cdc100 folder in ndure C folder to partition 3.
b. Copy settings_adoc.xip from ndure C folder 's xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder to same folder in partiton 3.
c. If on partition 4, under TDATA/fffe0000/music folder , ST.DB exists, rename to ST2.DB.
d. Copy ST.DB from ndure E folder TDATA/fffe0000/music folder to same folder on partition 4.

Thus hotswapping with xplorer360 to install the softmod will be the equivalent of running the ndure script/htm from pressing enter in xbrowser.

Not my guide. Did not want to link to the site as it may violate rules. Basically you power up the xbox and then pull the ide cable once it's unlocked (Right before dashboard boots) then plug it into your pc while it's paused on bios startup to ensure it's detected. Then follow the guide.

UrbanShire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to revive this post but you all have had the same problems I've had, and I apparently missed something along the way. I've run both Xport 360 and Xplorer360 on WinXP, Win7, and Win8. I'm using a modified Xbox controller with memory card inserted as my device hookup and my machines recognize it as an unknown device. Both Xport and Xplorer360 have not recognized the memory card as a FATX drive, and I checked it on my Xbox to make sure it works correctly. I've disabled UAC (and installed the missing dll file on Win7) and yet it has still not found a FATX device. I went to the extreme measure of taking out my HDD from my xbox and connecting it into my extra IDE port on my computer and still no results.

Any suggestions? And yes I'm a noob to xbox hacking.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to revive this post but you all have had the same problems I've had, and I apparently missed something along the way. I've run both Xport 360 and Xplorer360 on WinXP, Win7, and Win8. I'm using a modified Xbox controller with memory card inserted as my device hookup and my machines recognize it as an unknown device. Both Xport and Xplorer360 have not recognized the memory card as a FATX drive, and I checked it on my Xbox to make sure it works correctly. I've disabled UAC (and installed the missing dll file on Win7) and yet it has still not found a FATX device. I went to the extreme measure of taking out my HDD from my xbox and connecting it into my extra IDE port on my computer and still no results.

Have you tried using a xbox usb adapter? Looks like this

2a0c5xf.jpg

And a usb drive? Worked for me when I softmodded my xbox.

UrbanShire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't think about setting it up that way. I set up my my controller like an AR so it could plug into my computer. Let me try that and see if I have any luck.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using a xbox usb adapter? Looks like this

2a0c5xf.jpg

And a usb drive? Worked for me when I softmodded my xbox.

I have an extra male end laying around, and plenty of USB ports to spare. I never knew you could do this for hooking up a flash drive, as I figured the "memory cards" needed to be routed through the controller's internals. Then again, the controller is just a USB hub.

I'll need to make one of these and get my Xbox modded better. I've got UnleashX on it now but it's kinda a shoddy installation, did it via the hotswap method way back. Got me a nice 500GB drive in there with some games now though XD

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The way I finally managed to get xplorer360 to work was disabling UAC completely and rebooting, then it worked OK.

UrbanShire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK as an update, thank you pyromaniac123 for that suggestion because it works, I can now use xplorer360 with a flash drive. Now a new problem has escalated... I followed another forum to get the Splinter Cell gamesave hacks from the FTP location; however, the files it tells me to put on the flash drive don't appear on the xbox when I plug it in. I can access the flash drive fine in the xbox memory, but it just has some blocks filled but won't let me copy over the files.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK as an update, thank you pyromaniac123 for that suggestion because it works, I can now use xplorer360 with a flash drive. Now a new problem has escalated... I followed another forum to get the Splinter Cell gamesave hacks from the FTP location; however, the files it tells me to put on the flash drive don't appear on the xbox when I plug it in. I can access the flash drive fine in the xbox memory, but it just has some blocks filled but won't let me copy over the files.
Sounds to me like you might not have the file structure quite right on the flash drive. My advice is copy a savegame from the xbox onto the flash drive, then in xplorer360 look at the save you copied from the xbox and compare it's file structure to the splinter cell save you copied onto the flash drive and make sure they look the same.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

http://www.instructables.com/id/Softmod-Original-Xbox-Without-Action-Replay-Cover/?ALLSTEPS

You can skip right to step 6.

UrbanShire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks. The tutorial I was looking at said to copy the zipped files into the flash which didn't make sense to me. I was able to get the hack and now I only need to do the hard drive swap to be happy with my xbox. Thanks for all your help!

ARMOUR1211

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I did try that. I got a cable a few days ago to connect the controller to the USB port on my computer, and I managed to find AR, but it didn't recognise my MU. Now that I think about it though, I didn't run it as administrator, which is needed for xplorer360 and xport360, so I may try again and do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im sorry bother u but i been trying softmod my xbox for months n its always something but this is the first time i come across the pc method plkzz correct me if im rong but are u saying i could mod my xbox thru a usb connection to my pc????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ph34r: I snuck back in after I was done :ninja::evil: Now I can take them back off :D:tpi::evil: +1