Not open for further replies.

TechDark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really want to mod my xbox 360, but i don't want to risk my xbox by inserting a mod chip
what should i do?

I have a phat xbox 360

If MFR date, product ID, and serial number is required i'll be happy to post that

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Not sure what Xbox360 scene is like these days but I have used JungleFlasher to softmod my phat 360. Just google it & the tutorial should be pretty straightforward. Only thing is that you need to check your disc drive to see if it's soft-moddable; hope this helps.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really want to mod my xbox 360, but i don't want to risk my xbox by inserting a mod chip
what should i do?

I have a phat xbox 360

If MFR date, product ID, and serial number is required i'll be happy to post that
Flash the drive.
Alternatively get an X360Key. It's a drive emulator so you can load games from USB. It's solderless and you do need to open up the 360 in order to flash the drive anyway so it's no more effort than flashing the drive. This is more likely to get you banned from XBL than just flashing the drive though, if you care about that. It has something to do with the timing being different from a real drive and the console can detect that and flag you.
But sooner or later you might get banned anyway, once your console is modded it's best just to consider Live a lost cause.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Flash the drive.
Alternatively get an X360Key. It's a drive emulator so you can load games from USB. It's solderless and you do need to open up the 360 in order to flash the drive anyway so it's no more effort than flashing the drive. This is more likely to get you banned from XBL than just flashing the drive though, if you care about that. It has something to do with the timing being different from a real drive and the console can detect that and flag you.
But sooner or later you might get banned anyway, once your console is modded it's best just to consider Live a lost cause.

So flashing a drive is still not safe then? I last flashed a 360 drive over 5 years ago!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So flashing a drive is still not safe then? I last flashed a 360 drive over 5 years ago!!
When it comes to 360 modding, there's no way to be 100% safe other than a stealth server. And those aren't cheap.
You can take every measure to stay safe like only using known good dumps that have been stealth patched properly, and in the case of chipped consoles using a dual NAND solution with one NAND being clean for Live use, but in the end you might still get flagged.
I'd say that a flashed drive is probably the safest method though.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to 360 modding, there's no way to be 100% safe other than a stealth server. And those aren't cheap.
You can take every measure to stay safe like only using known good dumps that have been stealth patched properly, and in the case of chipped consoles using a dual NAND solution with one NAND being clean for Live use, but in the end you might still get flagged.
I'd say that a flashed drive is probably the safest method though.
what do you think about x360ky vs wassabi?
i have new 360 slim here in pieces , i opened it a long time ago to mod it when the kamakazi hack was released
i was hoping i had the right drive board so i could just flash it , but no

what i want to know is if you have a drive like mine can you dump the key with what you get with the x360key ODE or do you need to buy other stuff from TX
same goes for wassabi , does it come with what you need to dump the drive key and write it to the ODE od do you need to buy something else to do it?

also ithough as long as you patched your ISO/s that using an ODE with live was pretty safe with x360 key especially if not using the online menu
didn't they have a lcd controller to switch games or something and then an onscreen way that was less safe and then a fixed onscreen way that was safer using the browser

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what do you think about x360ky vs wassabi?
i have new 360 slim here in pieces , i opened it a long time ago to mod it when the kamakazi hack was released
i was hoping i had the right drive board so i could just flash it , but no

what i want to know is if you have a drive like mine can you dump the key with what you get with the x360key ODE or do you need to buy other stuff from TX
same goes for wassabi , does it come with what you need to dump the drive key and write it to the ODE od do you need to buy something else to do it?

also ithough as long as you patched your ISO/s that using an ODE with live was pretty safe with x360 key especially if not using the online menu
didn't they have a lcd controller to switch games or something and then an onscreen way that was less safe and then a fixed onscreen way that was safer using the browser
I don't know a whole lot about the Wasabi, but looking online people seem to be equally happy with either, and mostly just prefer whichever one they ended up getting. Either should be fine, just pick the one you think looks better.
The Wasabi will automatically dump your drive key though (needed for operation) which is nice, or at least it will on drives that don't require any extra steps to dump the key. My LiteOn drive for example requires probing the optical drive PCB to dump the key. But if you are opening the console you may as well flash the drive as well while you're at it, and you'd still have to dump the key yourself for that, so it might not matter much.
Seems like the X360Key is less likely to get you banned though, which is something worth considering. And apparently it's faster? Not sure exactly what they mean by that, I guess games load faster.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wasabi is outdated, good luck finding one even..

Xkey is the way to go if you want to load from external devices.
Flashing is largely obsolete due to the burning of DVD media + having a special burner for it.
RGH is only doable if you don't care about Live.

Edit: Can't softmod a 360 like you can softmod a Wii.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasabi is outdated, good luck finding one even..

Xkey is the way to go if you want to load from external devices.
Flashing is largely obsolete due to the burning of DVD media + having a special burner for it.
RGH is only doable if you don't care about Live.

Edit: Can't softmod a 360 like you can softmod a Wii.
what do you mean"special burner" you mean any old DVD R drive right
just that most PC's don't come with optical drives any more

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what do you mean"special burner" you mean any old DVD R drive right
just that most PC's don't come with optical drives any more

Has to be a burner that's compatible with the Burner Max Payload Tool.
To correctly burn XGD3 discs.

Reactions: weatMod

x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what should i do?

I have a phat xbox 360

A softmod to glitch the 360 doesn't exist. Hacking the 360 involves dumping & writing to the nand (soldering a nand reader), extracting the cpu key, flashing a timing file to the glitch chip, and finally soldering the glitch chip. It is very easy to rip off the solder pads too if the process is done with haste. You'll need to invest at least $50 to do the hack.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW I have just modded a few xboxes. It was a bit of a learning curve in that it was hard to find good info. I ordered three chips. You can mod up to 2011mfr date after that you would need to rgh it to get the key so I've read. I have around 200 ISO's so far. There are some really good videos on youtube to flash your drive and how to take apart. The point where I got stuck for a good while was that I read to name the game folder all lower case. I have a 6tb external plug in to wall type drive. I think you would need an external power to do it right. The other wall I hit is that it takes longer to update the xkey. I had to leave my drive plugged in for around 30 minutes to update and then recognize the files, not sure if this is the normal procedure but I had to do it for each box I modded to get it updated and to recognize and read the ISO's.

Since you mentioned you have a phatty then you are good to go. Also, I had issues with windows 10 and jungle flasher. Windows 7 (I have a 64bit computer) worked great. I even got it to work with Windows 8 but that was another story. I don't know if we are allowed to post links here but I'd be willing to help you avoid all the frustration I went through in figuring it all out.

TechDark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great! xbox live is not a problem for me, its basically for my little brother so he can play some without any xbox live.

but i have heard that there is a way to play online but in another external server, is that right??

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never thought you'd return in all honesty haha.

Yes, it's possible however you'd be paying a premium just to connect to XBLive.
Stealth servers are primarily used by COD kiddos that want to cheat.
Not to mention that you're putting your account at risk of getting banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol