Gaming Sol Trigger - English Translation

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, you found some of the images in HD :yaypsp:

Your UI alternative 2 has the HD character images in the top left so presumably you could use them for the characters at the bottom if you wanted. Though it looks like your not aiming for a 1:1 replacement/upscale.
Looks much sharper though

Tosui

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey @JamRules, great work so far on this project! Hopefully you and the team can release a complete English patch in the not-so-distant future.

If you guys need any help with translation/editing/proofreading or even programming (I'm a C# developer, no ASM skills but willing to learn), I'm glad to help.

Another game I'm interested in is the spiritual prequel to this game, Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari. I've seen your proof of concept for an English patch on YT, seems like you already did some work/analysis on that one as well. Would you be available to collaborate on a full patch for that game?

Reactions: swosho and JamRules

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @JamRules, great work so far on this project! Hopefully you and the team can release a complete English patch in the not-so-distant future.

If you guys need any help with translation/editing/proofreading or even programming (I'm a C# developer, no ASM skills but willing to learn), I'm glad to help.

Another game I'm interested in is the spiritual prequel to this game, Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari. I've seen your proof of concept for an English patch on YT, seems like you already did some work/analysis on that one as well. Would you be available to collaborate on a full patch for that game?

Thanks for the support :yaypsp:

re: Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari, there's quite a few modifications needed to the asm and game files to get a proper patch together. The font, the display of lines and the different memory limitations need work. And then there is the actual translation work, etc.
Not something that is being actively looked at atm.

nahucirujano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way around crashing issue at least?
If I remember correctly (I played this a long time ago), the game crashes near the last chapter of the first half of the game, right?
You can surpass that by using the original unpatched Japanese iso. Pass that part, then save, and you can go back to English patched is again.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If I remember correctly (I played this a long time ago), the game crashes near the last chapter of the first half of the game, right?
You can surpass that by using the original unpatched Japanese iso. Pass that part, then save, and you can go back to English patched is again.
Will text revert back to english soon after that? Cause right before the crash everything is JP again on patched iso.

nahucirujano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Will text revert back to english soon after that? Cause right before the crash everything is JP again on patched iso.
Iirc there was a good part of Japanese text, and near the end of the arc it went back to English.
I just played until that part, the first half of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released