Hardware Solder points to use to mod Y button as always pressed down?

jpx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I’d like to mod a joycon to have the Y button pushed down all the time. Does anyone know which points on the joycon could be used for this? I’ll likely use an on/off switch.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could:
1) remove the Y button from the shell and use a maintained push button in it's place

2) solder 2 wires to the points you found, feed them through the shell, and wire the switch externally

3) Take off the black IR Blaster plastic and put the SPST there

4) drill a hole and mount the switch in a spot that isn't too awkward, such as above the X button or next to the home button

Reactions: MarkDarkness

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can buy Titan Two and make any script mod related to controllers that you would ever want for any game, maybe the cheaper Titan one will work too or CronusMax (this one require another adapter sold separately).

Titan one you have to check how it works, titan two I know it fully supports the switch, but with those devices, they need to be connected to the console via USB and for Joy-cons wireless you will have to buy a bluetooth adapter.

they get kinda expensive, but then you can use them on PS3,PS4,X360,Xone and use almost any controller out there on them and with mods (for PS3\360\PS4\Xone you also have gamepack mods for a lot of games from them that do a lot of stuff and you can even modify them on-the-fly with menus using controller's leds or make your own scripts, they also alow to use mouse and keyboard if the device is connected to a PC, Titan Two I think it doesnt require a PC 4 that, but you would have to check as I only own a old CronusMax).

This is an example of a gamepack mod on CronusMax

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.