Hacking Some Questions About CFW Luma + A9LH + Gateway

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all! I have a new 3ds XL in 9.0 and i using gateway with the last emunand.

Now this week I started with the A9LH this interested me. I have follow the guide plailect
( very nice guide by the way. ) No problem it all with the guide and everything works now.

I use luma with his payloads for loading the gateway payloads and is working great.

Now I have a few questions, I looked up on the internet and the forum and it was not exactly what I was looking for.

I would like to remove the emunand on my SD, and updated the sysnand CFW to the latest version,
but i have some fears. When i open the 3ds is boot directly on the CFW i also have my .cia installed like the FBI app. In the settings is said Sys 9x..... When i remove the SD and boot the 3ds i have no themes and i have no one .cia installed and in the settings is still Sys 9x... Normally is Ver 9x...

So what the all .cia installed is in SD card and no sysnand ? and when i see in the settings the sys 9x.. is the CFW Luma ? I can update the 3ds to 11.2 with internet safely? My real sysnand is safe ?

After the update to 11.2 I will be able to start the gateway mode with the payloads in the sysnand luma ?? So no need the emunand anymore in this case?

Thanks you for your help!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes luma cfw and a9lh is already installed.

I have follow the guide plailect completely.
Then, just take the SD card out, delete EVERYTHING on it, format it, and also remove the partition created by emunand, download luma, and just place the armloaderhax.bin on the root of the SD card, and you are all set to go.
If there is no FBI installed after this, simple just run or set decrypt9 or hourglass9 to any button before boot, and extract the Health And Safety App, and inject fbi.
And that's it.
Clean SD.
Clean 3DS.
No Partitions.

Profit!

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have done what you have said. I have no more emunand. I have a clean SD and a clean 3DS.

I boot directly in the Luma CFW like before ( and when i boot the 3ds with the select is boot in luma menu is fine ), and in the setting is said : Sys 9x... I can update the sysnand cfw from internet safely to 11.2 ? The real sysnand is Ver 9x... right ?

And my gateway will still boot in the payloads after?

Last edited by Max128,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done what you have said. I have no more emunand. I have a clean SD and a clean 3DS.

I boot directly in the Luma CFW like before ( and when i boot the 3ds with the select is boot in luma menu is fine ), and in the setting is said : Sys 9x... I can update the sysnand cfw from internet safely to 11.2 ? The real sysnand is Ver 9x... right ?

And my gateway will still boot in the payloads after?
Is there a valid reason for you to want Gateway if you have a9lh?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you have all luma datas on sd? or a blank sd?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a valid reason for you to want Gateway if you have a9lh?

i think he want to use the GW Cheatengine (since its the easiest one)

@Max128 if it says sys 9.x then you can update and gw will boot as payload

but dont update in GW mode

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ScarletDreamz & Sora Takihawa :

Yes i keep Gateway for the cheats , and especially for games in format .3ds , No need to install it unlike the .cia. .3ds is more faster to use.

Yes i have all luma datas in the sd card. Yes i see SYS in settings so i have make what you have said, i have updated my 3ds to 11.2 in luma and not in GW mode. My 3ds is said sys 11.2 and my gateway still boot and work great.

Is there a way to skip the confirmation on the boot of gateway to boot in fast boot gateway sysnand? I need to push L + R + Select is not a big deal.. but if you have a tips for this..

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the 4.2 launcher was the only compatible with the a9lh? But i will try it.

Any ideas like this? It is not possible to do a automatic script? or something?

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will test it later but like i said the prompt is not a big deal but if you have a solution i will take it.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You're probably right - well OP can try the next lowest one and see if that works. If not then I guess you have to pick between the multi-rom menu and not having the annoying prompt.

Yea just checked and the latest update fixes multi rom.

If op has an extra 2gb of space they can always have a linked system nand and emunand

Reactions: Quantumcat

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea just checked and the latest update fixes multi rom.

If op has an extra 2gb of space they can always have a linked system nand and emunand

Thanks for having try it! Yes i have more than 2gb of space but i just removed the emunand Because I find it less useful with the CFW and A9LH.

Max128

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another question The .cia files we install they are install partially on the sd card right? Because when i remove the sd card is disappear.

Last edited by Max128,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I went to the drive thru lady hands me me receipt go up to the 2nd window same lady hands me my...