Gaming Some questions of a newbie in burning backup games.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi,
I'll be able to plug and start my 360 for the first time this night.
As far as I know now, it has IXTREME 1.5, and I have some questions before I start.
1. I guess when I'll connect to the internet, it will ask for an update. Will it be 100% fine to update the 360 firmware version?
2. Hm, I heard games need to be stealth protected, something like that, can someone explain more?
3. Is there a modchip for xbox? just wanted to know.
4. if I get banned from Live, will I still be able to play backups? (even though I won't have online play)
Thanks in advance, I just don't want to make mistakes. :>

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1)Yes
2)Stealth games are basically 1:1 copies. Any game you download now will be one and ixtreme won't boot old non-stealth copies anyway. Can use abgx360 to check if they are stealth as well and fix if they aren't.
3)Not really. There are a few that go in the drive and do the same as flashing it and the infectus, but no chips like the ps2 or old xbox had.
4)Yes

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
no way to tell really. To be safe you wanna update to the latest firmware because any new games that come out wont be playable on 1.5

Gow2 and halo wars dont have the 3rd wave. 3rd wave is a new video partition on the disk that microsoft put there to put the NXE dashboard update.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
sry for double post, but I got antoher question.
Just tried the Xbox, works like a charm and I gonna connect it to the internet in the eve.
For my knowledge, it will be 100% to update it, right?
And another thing, I'm not sure what my drive is flashed with, all I know it can run backups (I got 2 backup games, CoD5 and GTA 4, and they work like a charm), if I connect to the internet, will MS ban me immediately if it's not IXTREME 1.5?
anyway, another question, when I played GTA 4 and CoD5, the drive did a lot of spinning noise, that the disc is spinning. I read somewhere here that it always do that, and that the NXE update lets you install the game and make less noise on the drive, right?
Anyway, help the newbie :>
And if its possible to let me know of other important things I need to know.
Thanks in advance.

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will be fine to allow the update. If your 360 is fairly new then it will be flashed with iXtreme 1.5, since it will have the Lite-On DVD drive. It will not matter anyway, as long as your backups are stealthed.

The 360 does have a very noisy DVD drive. NXE does enable you to install games onto the HDD, in which case the DVD drive is used only to boot the game. I only have a 20 Gb HDD, so I have not installed any games myself.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not answering any questions myself, but i have a question and i don't think i should start a topic about it....

When you stealth a game does that mean you can play it on live without getting banned? if not what does it mean?

and

If you DO get banned is it the xbox or the live account? or both?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hm, I'll answer you by what others told me.
Stealth game is exactly what you said. It's a 1:1 backup that wont get you banned.
And if you get banned, the xbox gets banned. :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1