Sony announces the PlayStation Classic

L-lead-hand-755x425.jpg

Sony is borrowing its best friend Nintendo's idea to bring its classic console in palm format. Meet the PlayStation Classic.

Announced in a blog post today, this miniature rehash of the classic console with a very original name will feature defining titles like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other "legendary titles".

L-angle.jpg

20180919_095149.png

"The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging," reads the blog post.

Each unit will come bundled with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles.

Pre-loaded with 20 classic title, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99.
:arrow: SOURCE

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why did I love my Genesis so much? I don't know anymore.

It was a PAL Megadrive, actually.
Who cares?
Sonic ran slowly, he gotta go fast!
Fuck you.

I mean, really... right now I am not so sure what I found so appealing of that console when I was a kid.

Oh wait, off topic as fuck.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No they did not. Sega 32x was prior to the development of a playstation. Jaguar 64 was also prior to the PlayStation ;)

Both of those were started after PlayStation development started.

32x was released around the same time as the PlayStation & there is no way it was in development as long.

Jaguar was released before it worked properly. Sony waited until they could get the price down and launch a working product. Sony did some relatively major last minute changes to the GPU to get the performance up, they dumped the previous revision into the arcade. Where the GPU will only ever run 1 game, rather than screwing over their entire generation of consoles like Atari did. Jack Tramiel used to pull the same shit when he worked at commodore.

Last edited by smf,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And if Sony engineers could omit original PSX loading times that console would be the console of my dreams.
Also Sony please add a Resident Evil or Dino Crisis game to the collection!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But then you'd need to buy the rather rare George Foreman grill PS3.
All PS3s play PS1 originals (and digital versions of whatever origin), only some Fats play PS2 originals/isos (and only a subset of them play them accurately (and none of those are quieter and more power efficient than an actual PS2))

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk man. Can you really call those handles?

Yes, if you ever get a chance to try the NES MAX, definitely don't pass it up. Except for the quirky slidey-pad instead of a conventional Nintendo d-pad, that thing it THE superior controller for Famicom/NES. (the slidey-pad ruins what could've been) I've got a Hudson Joycard made for Famicom which also has turbo settings like the NES MAX, but ergonomically it's the same as the original Fami/Nes controller. For ergos, the NES MAX is awesome. It may look like they're a little short, but since there are ridges on the inside and outside for grip, those 'handles' work fine. The slidey-pad is horrible, but NES MAX is just one of those things that could have been really perfect, but instead was aaaalmost there. If it only had a standard D-pad, it would be the stuff of legend. Anyway, my point was just that the idea was already in practice before the PS controller came along.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just noticed this does not have dual shock..... and a 100 bucks is not my cup of tea....

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All PS3s play PS1 originals (and digital versions of whatever origin), only some Fats play PS2 originals/isos (and only a subset of them play them accurately (and none of those are quieter and more power efficient than an actual PS2))

The PS1 is pure software emulated on the PS3.

The PS2 emulates the PS1 GPU on the EE+GS, the IOP runs the game but on deckard consoles that is emulated.

Burning CD's and playing them on a modded PS1 or a blue or green debug is the one true way

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH