"Sony is under major pressure to cut the price of the Vita"

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dickfour said:
The Vita is an amazing piece of hardware. $250 doesn't seem bad at all but hey if they want to cut the cost all the better
It really is, however, there are better things to spend your money on, the lower the price, the better. I usually search Amazon or Craigslist for products with a lower price, the lower the price, the more my parents would take into consideration.

QUOTE(ninditsu @ Aug 5 2011, 08:14 PM) i think the prices were right. 3DS just less playable with the small range of games
Yes, if the gaming library was a bit higher on release date, I believe it would've been even more successful.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Personally I don't think $250 is right for any handheld.
I remember when I first got a GBA SP for 70$, it's alot harder to try to buy games nowadays with these huge prices. :C

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Wonder what the actual cost of parts for the 3DS and PSV are.

No, not that unofficial pricing, but from people who work at the company.
Does it really matter?
Fact:
Nintendo is not selling at a loss.
Fact:
At its current price, Sony will be.

I mean, it's fine if you want to wonder, but that's all we really need to know.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Mchief298 said:
You do know this is Sony? ...right? The only way they'll cut the price is to take something out of the system. Which is what they did with the PS3, if anybody remembers.

Because it'd pretty much be physically impossible for them to make a decent profit on keeping the PS3 the same but halving the price. The Slim was a gamble in itself and it paid off. The only people who bitch about a lack of PS2 compatibility are just whiny pricks who don't understand how products work.

You would jump straight on the PS2 compatibility.. Anyway, we'll just have to play the waiting game. They've already halved the ram (which isn't a big deal). There's still a bit of damage that can be done.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
What's up with the bullshit articles lately?

Sony doesn't need to cut their prices, the PSV is quite reasonably priced as it is.

Honestly? I agree with this. If it's truly as powerful as we are lead to believe it is? $250 is a damn good price.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The real threat is that hand held gaming is rapidly becoming not just about Sony's toy or Nintendo's toy.

All I want for Christmas Santa baby is a tablet.

All the Vita has going for it, is it is still cheaper than a tablet. The moment the tablet is the same price, the jig is up for Sony and Nintendo isolated market privilege.

There's nothing a Vita can do, that I really want done. Just another hand held game toy, with a lot of power on a screen that is too small. The power is not worth it. I'd rather have that power on something with a 10 inch screen.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
The price gap is still plenty competitive for the Vita. If people were willing to spend $250 on the 3DS with a gimped launch line-up, they're more than willing to spend $250 on a Vita with a solid launch line-up.

80 dollar price difference, battery life, game cost, launch features, backwards compatibility and overall performance of the system will be the deciding factors. Seeing as how the PSP Vita won't be out world wide until next year, they are going to be far behind Nintendo for sales figures.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The price gap is still plenty competitive for the Vita. If people were willing to spend $250 on the 3DS with a gimped launch line-up, they're more than willing to spend $250 on a Vita with a solid launch line-up.

80 dollar price difference, battery life, game cost, launch features, backwards compatibility and overall performance of the system will be the deciding factors. Seeing as how the PSP Vita won't be out world wide until next year, they are going to be far behind Nintendo for sales figures.

Not to mention Nintendo's better reputation in portables, bigger library of games, and the STILL major price difference between the new "DS" and the soon to be new "PSP", it's still going to hurt them.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Mchief298 said:
You do know this is Sony? ...right? The only way they'll cut the price is to take something out of the system. Which is what they did with the PS3, if anybody remembers.

Because it'd pretty much be physically impossible for them to make a decent profit on keeping the PS3 the same but halving the price. The Slim was a gamble in itself and it paid off. The only people who bitch about a lack of PS2 compatibility are just whiny pricks who don't understand how products work.

You would jump straight on the PS2 compatibility.. Anyway, we'll just have to play the waiting game. They've already halved the ram (which isn't a big deal). There's still a bit of damage that can be done.

Wasn't that all a rumor, and that Sony said themselves the RAM amount was not reduced?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They'd lose money on each of them if they lowered it below 250$. Hell, with 250$, they probably are losing money already, so a price cut is out of question.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm just worried Sony will follow the iPad route and add some features (GPS for example) only on the 3G version.

Anyway, back on topic. $250 is an affordable price for a handheld (need I mention with quad core processors?) There's no need to lower the price IMO.

They COULD however set bundles at launch (1 console, 1 game, 1 case?) at maybe a lower price then the 3 combined so that people can reconsider. But that's just me.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Tanveer said:
EJames2100 said:
How does everyone seem to know that Sony will lose money if the sell at $250 ?
Development cost, mass production, costs per unit etc etc.
they are not making any profit with the price they are selling it at.
Source.

Sony has learned from the PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8