giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
3D glasses are shite. I dont want to wear them. You dont want to wear them. I Will NEVER buy a 3D TV... Not when I can get a 3DS... And think about it... Not long untill 32" glasses free tv's will be on sale... Its only a matter of time.
Nintendo lead the way. Again.... Your iphone would not exist if it were not not for nintendo ds's touch screen and nintendo wii's motion control games.
3DS glasses free 3D games and movies is MY future.
This.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony, Sony, Sony, Poor ol' Sony...I saw the whole E3 live on Gametrailers and gotta say that not once did Big N bash Sony's 3D Glasses Wearing TV loving sets. I don't think Sony knows what to do any more, I think there running out of ideas on how to keep things fresh, but hey I could be wrong? any hoot, Nintendo, as always knows what they are doing and going after and I'm sure they will accomplish there goal in time, for Sony, well that remains to be seen!?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DiscostewSM said:
Veho said:
Seriously, you really shouldn't make fun of your competitors' consoles, really. It's not nice. Sony would never stoop that low and do that to their competitors... I mean fellow console makers, yes, that's the word, fellow companies; they would never. Honestly.

LOL, at time index 1:07, he makes fun of people doing that motion, yet I'm sure I've seen something like that with a Sony product, of some middle-age woman (and another guy) shooting things with invisible guns and making sound effects. I wish I could find that video.
Hehe, someone else that says time index.
tongue.gif

And Sony are grasping at whatever they can get at now...most of my ideas about this have been mentioned, but while promoting 3D without glasses I don't remember Nintendo actually bashing glasses at all, did any of you?
Oh, and Sony 3DTVs use glasses too, yeah, let's not forget that. Because everyone loves to wear the glasses.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whizz said:
3D will be a bigger fail than new coke, mostly because of the glasses and because there hardly is any added experience for it with normal stuff. Now Nintendo knows how to turn this fail into a success, and when Sony was busy promoting their shit, Nintendo made the 3DS. And now Sony is pissed they didn't invent it, and in a desperate attempt to make their own shit look better they bash the 3DS. They always do this. Whenever Sony bashes something you should go with that they're bashing.
I sooo agree with that xD~! Whenever sony starts bashing something, people should think: "Hey, Sony's bashing again, that means they're jealous, which means big succes~!"
Which means I need to get a 3DS~! Thanks Sony for making that clear to me, (although it was already on my to buy list xD).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's like a little kid crying about another kid calling them a stupid head, lol.
Funny thing is, Sony made fun of the Wii and Nintendo didn't start whining about it.
Wow Sony, did you need to sink so far?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont you get it ?? I might feel bad for Sony if they hand't bashed Nintendo numerous times in the past. Remember when Sony said that the PSP was going to take portable gaming out of the gutter, as a quip towards the DS? Yeah, well it's payback!

Thanks to gonintendo news, man!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fuck yeah, i love these threads.

alucard77 said:
I just think Sony is thinking, we are invested in this 3D technology and were scared shitless noone will want it.

Fact: Consumers don't want 3D TVs. I think I read somewhere that less then 20% have minimal interest in it.

I think it is because of the glasses.
industry will be producing 3dtv's no matter what you do, you'll be hard pressed to find an ledtv in the next couple years that doesnt have 3d. sony's already changed it phillips, samsung, lg, toshiba and panasonic have already produced 3d tvs and sony expect their total catalogue to be 30-50% 3d tv's by the end of this year.

Arm73 said:
which will make games look worse believe me, the PS3 hardware is already struggling to output nice 1080p graphic and keep a smooth frame rate, imagine what it'll be like when games will have to output twice the frames from different perspectives for each eye
struggling? more like not being used to its full potential. there aren't all that many games that actually display proper 1080p because of that, most are downloadable titles from psn from memory. most of the "1080p" titles are just upscales of poor ports.

QUOTE(Whizz @ Jul 2 2010, 07:08 AM)
3D will be a bigger fail than new coke, mostly because of the glasses and because there hardly is any added experience for it with normal stuff. Now Nintendo knows how to turn this fail into a success, and when Sony was busy promoting their shit, Nintendo made the 3DS. And now Sony is pissed they didn't invent it, and in a desperate attempt to make their own shit look better they bash the 3DS. They always do this. Whenever Sony bashes something you should go with that they're bashing.

or you know, they're for different parts of the market? sitting at home, in the comfort of your lounge playing games with some glasses on is a hell of a lot different than sitting on a bus playing 3d without glasses on. nintendo didnt turn this "fail" into a success, they've just made it more viable for portable usage. bitching about wearing glasses is a huge nitpick after seeing the popularity of avatar and other 3d movies.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bahaha that guy in the sony video was a faggot.

Not requiring glasses for 3D is a big deal, why wouldn't you advertise it? -____-

I like playstations, but if nintendo teams up with sony to market anything...
hate2.gif

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well let's not generalize Sony cause even they gave us quality products.What really sucks is that their gaming dept or whatsoever are really trying their best to promote their product that they would steep low in bashing their fellow handheld manufacturers.Their competition is somewhat kinda unhealthy you know.Like everyone said, they wont just accept defeat and just bluffing just to cover themselves.Now that they don't have anything good to bash against Nintendo,they would just babble like a kid.Even Nintendo has the right to buff up their consoles and to think that Sony are the best at that(?),we must think again,even Wii is damn good.Let's just say no one is perfect,sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and that what makes ninty comes up with ideas for better gaming .What matters the most is not the quality of graphics nor good specs but the story and unique gaming experience it gives to the players and that's were ninty's console do the best no matter what they say.I'm not just being a fanboy, just telling the truth.
mthrnitesmiley.gif

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is I, the magic... Umm... Future seer... OOooOOoo.
I see a 3DPSP coming out in the future, with no need for 3D glasses. OooOOOOOOoO.
And you can watch 3D movies and take 3D pictures with it! Wow!

This has been a message from... The future seer... OOOooOOOooOoOOo

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't understand why people are calling the 3DS a PSP copy. The analog stick? It's not like Sony invented that. Not even close. Even Atari had it first. And the slide pad looks highly superiour to the PSP's tiny analog nub. The wide screen? So if a handheld has a wide screen, it's a PSP ripoff? Um, no. I don't see where you guys are coming from, especially when the 3ds has so many features that the PSP does not. Whatever.
Edit: I wrote this because I misunderstood somebody's post as saying that. Whoops.

And yes, Sony is a bunch of whining hypocrytical prats.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will stop bashing 3D glasses as soon as PHony stops bashing WINtendo. lol

But who really has the money to go and buy another tv (thats new and expensive, mind you) and or ontop of that, expensive 3D glasses just to play the few games that look good on the system and in 3D.

From a economic standpoint, most people are gonna pass on that.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fanboyism in here against Sony is quite amusing. I'm not going to get into that though as it would derail things.

But to say they never got along isn't true. They had a lucrative period in the 1980s and 1990s between making/publishing video games which Nintendo licensed, but also that little thing called the sound chip of the SuperNES which kicked out audio at 33khz (nearly CD quality) with top notch sampling among other things making for the best damn audio in gaming at home until the next wave of gaming systems hit the market.

Sure Sony is a pack of copycats from the PS1(to date) pad, guns, mats, etc, but in a way they do have a rational point even if it's more ass covering than anything most likely. Don't trash the 3D glasses or not, standard peon consumers won't differntiate on it, so sure itll hurt some Sony TV and PS3 sales, but it could also backfire on the 3DS minimally too due to the lack of goggles as enough morons could just relate 3D=pain in the ass hurdle to enjoyment.

Dookieman said:
Sony is a large group of retards that doesn't know what the user wants. Of course we are going to prefer no glasses.
A couple hundred and a half million PS1, PS2, and PS3's and other over 50M PSPs say otherwise you tool.

Man I can't believe I have to play Sony defense as I hated their asses up until 2001 and have followed Nintendo since 1985. :\

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
DiscostewSM said:
I'm sure I've seen something like that with a Sony product, of some middle-age woman (and another guy) shooting things with invisible guns and making sound effects. I wish I could find that video.
i believe that was a 360 ad audition..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm