When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cermage said:
or you know, they're for different parts of the market? sitting at home, in the comfort of your lounge playing games with some glasses on is a hell of a lot different than sitting on a bus playing 3d without glasses on. nintendo didnt turn this "fail" into a success, they've just made it more viable for portable usage. bitching about wearing glasses is a huge nitpick after seeing the popularity of avatar and other 3d movies.

Nintendo didn't just make it more viable, they made it viable. 3D at home, atleast in its current form will fail. Despite the popularity of The Smurfs Avatar people do not want to wear 3D glasses when they watch TV. Going to the movies to see a 3D flick is different. You can say that it's nitpicking, but it's true.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cermage said:
the hell is this logic. the fact that ps3 still has that overhead means it has so much more potential. its seen by multiplats that were originally designed for ps3 first (ffxiii) and i doubt the 360 has the power to process large battles as seen in a game like MAG where its possible to get into 128vs128

That kind of overhead is only really useful assuming you want (or intend) for the console to last for an extended period of time without a successor being released. Sony initially said they wanted the PS3 to last 10 years, but I don't see that happening... not without a PS4 on the market for the last 4-6 of those years, anyway. Even then, I think it's overly-optimistic if Sony hopes for the PS3 to have the secondary market longevity of the PS2 or PSOne.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
the thing that bothers me is,
why does the ps3 controller has a "ball on top"?

seriously, there are other shapes in this world, why a ball?
and it has flashy colours too!
why? don't sony have balls?
unsure.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E3 is a platform where the big companies get to show off their goods, so it's part of the game to make smart remarks about the competition. Like when that Msoft douchebag praised Project Natal (Kinect) by saying how it doesn't use "Waggle" commands to control the game. I laughed when he said this, because I find it humorous when the big three poke fun at each other. I own every system, so I can actually agree with the snide remarks.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
seeing all these threads, and then reading the responses
there is just too many ignorant nintendo fanboys to deal with

if you try to prove them wrong, you just get called a sony fanboy
Ive been just trying to stay away from these threads

and some members are purposely creating these types of threads just to cause trouble

im getting real tired of the single minded nintendo fanboys around here...
closedeyes.gif

Yeah you got that right, like that mindless tool Puppy there. Calling me a Sony fanboy is rich, first time for everything as I tend to get blasted for kissing Nintendo's ass off and on for the last 15 years online, but never Sony. I must be doing something right to get that thrown out there.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jul 3 2010, 10:10 AM) That kind of overhead is only really useful assuming you want (or intend) for the console to last for an extended period of time without a successor being released. Sony initially said they wanted the PS3 to last 10 years, but I don't see that happening... not without a PS4 on the market for the last 4-6 of those years, anyway. Even then, I think it's overly-optimistic if Sony hopes for the PS3 to have the secondary market longevity of the PS2 or PSOne.
The latest out of both MS and Sony is that they intend to stick with their current hardware until Christmas of 2014 if not into 2015 when they'll get replaced with the next gen. I learned of this a couple months ago from my brother who is a producer working for a branch of THQ which publishes for both. Their long term goal both with the PS3 and the 360 is to use their new devices (Move/Kinect) to try and pitch the system as something NEW to do to those who haven't jumped on, and for those who have it to get something entirely new to do so they don't bore of their existing hardware. The problem for both is they lost so heavily putting out hardware at a loss, MS even longer so as xbox went out at a loss for a good stretch too, so neither are keen to move on. Third parties are eating it up as they don't want to either in a down economy and the last they want to do is buy hundreds of thousands of dollars of new dev kits and other shit for all their people including the lost man hours and time converting over when profits are so thin.

So given the fact short of MS's bullshit with the xbox of flipping out the lights overnight, every other system tends to get a good year or two after the release of new systems, so 10 years is VERY likely to happen. Hell PS2 games still trickle out, and PS1 only stopped its slow crawl a few years ago as well.

D

Deleted-188346

Vampire Hunter D said:
Yeah you got that right, like that mindless tool Puppy there.
lol, ouch! Somebody is a bit sensitive about being called a Sony fanboy?
And, when a person throws around phrases such as "flawed opinion", and generally taunts other users for their opinions ("oooh bitter Megatron that was a couple foolish statements"), it generally shows that a user does not have much of a argumentative leg to stand on. You seem like quite an immature and angry little boy who likes to believe they know about gaming.

You should learn to be tolerant of the opinions of others. All of the talk here is opinions, after all, we haven't even personally seen how the 3DS, Kinect, or Move will go, your opinion is no more factual than anybody elses.

Calm down, and go read a book about debating. You might learn a thing or two.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dter ic said:
the thing that bothers me is,
why does the ps3 controller has a "ball on top"?

seriously, there are other shapes in this world, why a ball?
and it has flashy colours too!
why? don't sony have balls?
unsure.gif

depth perception, bigger the ball is to the camera, closer you/the controller is to the screen.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vampire Hunter D said:
The latest out of both MS and Sony is that they intend to stick with their current hardware until Christmas of 2014 if not into 2015 when they'll get replaced with the next gen. I learned of this a couple months ago from my brother who is a producer working for a branch of THQ which publishes for both. Their long term goal both with the PS3 and the 360 is to use their new devices (Move/Kinect) to try and pitch the system as something NEW to do to those who haven't jumped on, and for those who have it to get something entirely new to do so they don't bore of their existing hardware. The problem for both is they lost so heavily putting out hardware at a loss, MS even longer so as xbox went out at a loss for a good stretch too, so neither are keen to move on. Third parties are eating it up as they don't want to either in a down economy and the last they want to do is buy hundreds of thousands of dollars of new dev kits and other shit for all their people including the lost man hours and time converting over when profits are so thin.

So given the fact short of MS's bullshit with the xbox of flipping out the lights overnight, every other system tends to get a good year or two after the release of new systems, so 10 years is VERY likely to happen. Hell PS2 games still trickle out, and PS1 only stopped its slow crawl a few years ago as well.

Personally, as a consumer, I wouldn't want to keep a console as "current" for more than 5 years... any longer and it would start seeming stale, no matter how many silly peripherals and vibrator-esque attachments were released for it. Oh, I keep all my old consoles and handhelds, of course, but I like replacements for them within reasonable timeframes.

However, if what you say is true, then it seems Nintendo was wisest this generation and now have themselves in the best position. The Wii is certainly not intended to last 10 years... I'd be surprised if we didn't hear about a Wii successor by next E3, to be honest. And the successor will be HD, probably 3-D, and likely rival the power of the 360 and PS3... and, since they didn't release it years ago, Nintendo won't have to sell it at a loss. Add to that they've spent the past years actually making money off their hardware, whereas Sony and MS haven't, and it would seem they're in a pretty good place... despite not pushing out HD graphics earlier than they needed to, and facing all that early Wii bashing for its ED graphics. And if Sony and MS really want the 360 and PS3 to last so long, even if the Wii successor doesn't come out for 2 years, that still leaves enough time for Nintendo to release yet another successor timed approximately with the PS4 and whatever the next XBox is called.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly all of it is a gimmick...

any hdmi 1.3 compliant televison is capable of doing 3D...
as a matter of fact any high definition television is capable of doing 3D
they can do 3D over the air..and they have, there was an intel superbowl commercial that was 3D
guess where i was watching it...at home on a 1st generation plasma tv that supported 720p, but isnt native 720p...

wow...3D is sooo hard to do...a perspective illusion that could lead to binocular dysphoria...yay!
big deal...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Jaylen said:
honestly all of it is a gimmick...

any hdmi 1.3 compliant televison is capable of doing 3D...
as a matter of fact any high definition television is capable of doing 3D
they can do 3D over the air..and they have, there was an intel superbowl commercial that was 3D
guess where i was watching it...at home on a 1st generation plasma tv that supported 720p, but isnt native 720p...

wow...3D is sooo hard to do...a perspective illusion that could lead to binocular dysphoria...yay!
big deal...
I suppose you read that article too? That man practically invented the condition. You're gullible.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaylen said:
thats no where near the same type of 3d that the tv uses
those commercials just used polarized glasses which have been around for ages

a lot of the stuff now uses stereoscopic 3d, such as 3d movies and a few games

the tv's now use active shutters lcd glasses which receives signals from the tv

also I saw commercials like a year and a half ago, there was only one good 3d part with the paddle ball, other then that, there was nothing coming at you, the sobe commercial had a few
I still have about 80 pairs of 3d glasses that I took from the store since they were free, lulz

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megatron: Well that's what I was told just in the run up to E3 a few weeks earlier. My brother works for the guys who do the edgier stuff out of the THQ family of games and that's the word he got from the systems they develop for. 2014 Holiday or 2015 is when the PS3 and 360 should get surpassed with the next gen. They are only holding off due to the perfect storm of suck they did to themselves and the economy tanking together causing all around pain. Technophiles with little brain and big wallet, fanboys, and a few others could be suckered into a new $400+ box but most won't bite, and in turn this would hose third parties because they'd have to sink millions into start up let alone game development for a niche sized starter audience. Everyone would lose money, can't have that now, don't need more pink slips, so they went with copy the eyetoy(MS) and copy the wiimotionplus w/eyetoy for depth (Sony.)

You're right Nintendo took the turd on it from the gaming media sellouts and their mindless lapdog drones who follow w/out thought, as have the jerky 3rd parties always who look for the excuse to dog and not develop, but in the end they won. They won in most units sold, most games sold, and most of all, always made profit, but they did lose the 'gamer' media war and I doubt they care much because handheld has been what has propped them up for years and 3DS has the largest love fest of 3rd party titles any Nintendo system will have launched with. With a new WiiHD or whatever say in 2011 comes up, it should share in the basking glow of more support as it will be in a level where PS3 Move or not type games can be ported no longer leaving them in the dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: gonna look if i still have that sd card adapter