somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow Sony, take that, the Catboy is against you. You will become bankrupt if Monkat goes against you.
Anyways, I don't have access to a pc right now, on my iPod touch can't change my avatar, but I was against Sony from when day one of Hotz v. SCEA.
Edit:Gonna try to use iRetouch

vernel1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ohhhh man after reading this shitload...

I peed.

No emoticon for that...
hate2.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I hereby declare Janurary "Jailbreak January"
biggrin.gif
~ [taken]

and this week in Febuary "No-Love-For-Sony-Week"

everyone can upload a picture of their CFW'd PSP & PS3's or pirate a game, to show Sony how much we fucking hate their guts!!
mad.gif

I swear...Sony has passed Square-Enix on my hate list...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ugh.

This is getting beyond ridiculous now.
dry.gif

Seriously, I hope all this blows up in their faces. I also wish more people were aware of what they're trying to do apart from just the subculture that tend to game more often (though arguably they are the majority of who could be potentially affected).

heartgold said:
thought about getting a NGP but I rather get a new smartphone if this is how you act.
Get an Xperia Play.
tpi.gif

QUOTE(ultimate.fake.account @ Feb 9 2011, 12:42 PM) Sony has always been low on the ethical side. I'm still shocked over how they developed stealthware on their CDs that secretly installed software on peoples computers to do CD authenticity checks and render peoples CD drives inoperable if it was a burned CD. They really advanced virus technology with that one as malicious people started copying Sony's stealthware. I start to suspect Sony may have criminal connections in the upper administration.
wtf.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ultimate.fake.account said:
....I start to suspect Sony may have criminal connections in the upper administration.

how the hell do you think they won the TRO lawsuit?!

you don't suspect they actually LEGALLY won that did you??

Sony has their own : Music Company, MOVIE Company, and VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

You would think that they would be happy with the shitload of money they make
mad.gif

The Love of Money is the root of ALL EViL...and...this holds true
unsure.gif

Screw the New World Order and the Builderburgers ...they aint got shit on what Sony can do!
rofl2.gif

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
I swear...Sony has passed Square-Enix on my hate list...

This.

Fuck you, Sony. Fuck you with the business end of a garden weasel. I would hope for your demise as a company, but there are too may innocents who would be harmed by it...

So fuck you Sony, full stop.
hate2.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to post some picture of poop on their Facebook on Valentine's Day with hearts with a hateful non-threatening message. Send them a message that Sony's practices are a pile of shit.

saulopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just in time sony - when people began to forget about the rootkit you provided to them with their bought cds...

other sources btw say the video was the first to show the ps3 hack and it was not accessible to public.
maybe geohot told em about it and sony thinks this must be the top of the scene who was able to see it?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not a good idea to promote hate speech here.

I mean, I agree that what they're doing is out of control, and people are free to tell them what they think in no uncertain terms, but we don't exactly want to be held responsible for actively promoting it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
Let the courts decide if Sony are in the right. If not, egg on their face.

what he said.

also, makes you feel proud you gave up youtube commenting eh ?

then again i doubt sony can do shit to anyone here in lebanon, not to mention our poor network infrastructure, they cant trace anything - there is a reason why most thing such as paypal dnt work here

reason: insecure networks.

you can just bribe any worker at any ISP here and you can get what you want - LITERALLY.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woow. I will try to post something better than fuck you Sony etc....

In US anybody can sue anybody about anything. Period.

First Amendment and Freedom of Speech is a major factor here and I'm sure that it is not going to be that easy for them to pull this up. After all, Wikileaks Assange posted worse stuff on a web and so far they can not legally touch him.
I hope I'm wrong, but in recent years US Court ruled multiple times in favor of big corporations in violations of Constitutional Law. The case that I meant is Pfizer and Kelo v. City of New London. If you have big money - you can win.
I posted comments on mentioned video, but I think that they need the IP's just to get specific hackers, not everyone who watched it.
I believe in Google, they are not so stupid just to give it to them because they requested. Let's hope it will not be that bad.
Hotz and fail0verload are paying the toll now and lets not forget about it when we insult them on forums now.

Posting pictures of hacked ps3 is not smart, just keep the scene alive make sense for me.
Sony has investors and they have to do something to fix their failure's image. After all they just bragged how much money they made on ps3 in 2010.
Stoping piracy and suing everyone? Lars Ulrich tried that. He was collecting IPs, suing, making comments...

It is ironic, that Sony is so obsessive about their intellectual properties, but history shows that they have double standards for themselves (Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc)

the cd protection scandal mentioned a few posts back was involving MediaMax CD-3. You welcome to research it in Wikipidia.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that this is illegal and makes Sony the internet laughing stock.

If every company could simply have the IPs of everyone who posted unfavorable content, the internet would be a very different and very scary place.
Who the hell does Sony think they are, demanding the IPs of Youtube comments and Twitter users?

Fuck, I demand the IP of the one at Sony who thought of this plan. Give me his SSN and CCN while you're at it.

alkahest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony can actually get google to get any youtube user to hand over thier ip addresses this is how other companies post things on ur computer, google or any other website/brower search through ur history and makes a list of ur searches, so consumer companies can pay google and let them post a common search item on ur next site that u browse,

but the twitter team failoverflow may get caught and sued
all of what sony is doing is highly possible so begin to boycott and force sony to stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack