Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
demonicstrife said:
gamefan5 said:
Wait, wait, wait, so if I understand correctly, WE'RE suing Sony? Oh wow... 2011 is definetely one of the worst year for Sony and it's far from being over.
Don't I remember hearing something much earlier that 2011 was gonna be a great year for Sony? Or was the 2010......?
C'mon isn't there anything WE can do? Lol, without Sony....the gaming market imagine it:-

Microsoft vs Nintendo....meh, the battle will be over before it even starts.
Worse yet, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't even really rivals. I mean sure, Nintendo's usually pretty indifferent to Sony (SEGA on the other hand...), but there was still this passionate rivalry between them that ultimately drove Sony to do bigger and better things (Best example: The PS2).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
demonicstrife said:
gamefan5 said:
Wait, wait, wait, so if I understand correctly, WE'RE suing Sony? Oh wow... 2011 is definetely one of the worst year for Sony and it's far from being over.
Don't I remember hearing something much earlier that 2011 was gonna be a great year for Sony? Or was the 2010......?
C'mon isn't there anything WE can do? Lol, without Sony....the gaming market imagine it:-

It's already over forever. Nintendo won it with the SNES.

mrwienerdog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zerosuit connor said:
mrwienerdog said:
Haha

It's so funny reading all of the comments from (mostly) teenaged boys. "Sony fucking sucks 'cuz they didn't want all of their shit hacked and floating around on the internetz free for the taking! They fucking deserve to lose billions! I hope they fucking go out of business! I have enough games to last the whole summer!"

It will be interesting to see how all of you kids feel when you grow up, stop living at mom and dad's house, and actually have some stuff of your own (and not just the MP3 player your gramma got you for your birthday). You probably wouldn't like the class bully walking up and stealing your pokemon cards, would you?

It reminds me of listening to all of the little grade four girls in my daughters' class talk about how they are going to fix the environment. One day, your testicles will drop, some of you may actually have sex and procreate, and your world view will change. I'm not saying I don't download stuff, but ffs, they (Sony) were only trying to protect THEIR stuff. They were just trying to do the same thing you do when you lock up your bike at school.

Let the self-righteous flaming begin.
You sir are a god to me. I have all of this generations home consoles all bought with my money and treated with my respect.

I certainly did not mean that everyone here had these opinions. I am fully aware that is not the case. A few pages back, though, there were a lot of opinions being shared along those lines. I've always seen those kinds of post and chuckled, but this time I just had to write something.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
SamAsh07 said:
demonicstrife said:
gamefan5 said:

Worse yet, Microsoft and Nintendo aren't even really rivals. I mean sure, Nintendo's usually pretty indifferent to Sony (SEGA on the other hand...), but there was still this passionate rivalry between them that ultimately drove Sony to do bigger and better things (Best example: The PS2).
You are right, I LOVE the PS2...oh man, god save Sony.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrwienerdog said:
Haha

It's so funny reading all of the comments from (mostly) teenaged boys. "Sony fucking sucks 'cuz they didn't want all of their shit hacked and floating around on the internetz free for the taking! They fucking deserve to lose billions! I hope they fucking go out of business! I have enough games to last the whole summer!"

It will be interesting to see how all of you kids feel when you grow up, stop living at mom and dad's house, and actually have some stuff of your own (and not just the MP3 player your gramma got you for your birthday). You probably wouldn't like the class bully walking up and stealing your pokemon cards, would you?

It reminds me of listening to all of the little grade four girls in my daughters' class talk about how they are going to fix the environment. One day, your testicles will drop, some of you may actually have sex and procreate, and your world view will change. I'm not saying I don't download stuff, but ffs, they (Sony) were only trying to protect THEIR stuff. They were just trying to do the same thing you do when you lock up your bike at school.

Yes, there are a lot of self-righteous teenage pirates out there that hate the industry. This, though, is totally different. Doesn't it make sense to freak out when your credit cards, billing address and pretty much your identity is stolen?

mrwienerdog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Advi said:
mrwienerdog said:
Haha

this is attributed to the stolen information of thousands of PSN customers and has nothing to do with the piracy.
you stupid there son

Really? I can believe that some people do attribute it to the 'stolen information of thousands of PSN customers' but I personally don't believe that everyone here is saying this stuff about Sony just because of that. And as a side, I am no Sony fanman. I own nothing nor will own nothing produced by Sony. For me, it was the whole Linux thing. But I didn't come on these forums and hope they would fold because of it.

Also, there is no reason to call me stupid.

I agree that credit card information being up for the taking is a major issue. However, I bet that if I met a lot of the people making a lot of the claims I was referring to earlier, they aren't even old enough to own a credit card. That is who this is directed at. Furthermore, I am not just speaking to this case, I see these posts all of the time, and just chose this particular topic to say something about it.

Duckthom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hop2089 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
I'm mildly surprised it happened this quick, but this is certainly not surprising. Sony failed in a huge way and is now going to suffer the consequences. I'm even wondering if they'll be able to survive in the industry at this point.

They won't survive in these conditions

Think of it

Damage and costs of rebuilding the PSN: 24 billion dollars

Lawsuits $500,000-10,000,000+ (per case, it's worldwide)

Compensation of around $10-$100 per user

Consumer Confidence loss: Priceless

Conclusion: Sony will be doomed

And also Norio Ogha, the creator of Sony Computer Entertainment, has died(i don't know how to say that nicer) this weekend.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's hope sony looks for gameshark for infinte money LOL. but if they go out of buniess i will be damned.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew this was going to happen. Serves them right for shit encryption.
biggrin.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Duckthom said:
Hop2089 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
I'm mildly surprised it happened this quick, but this is certainly not surprising. Sony failed in a huge way and is now going to suffer the consequences. I'm even wondering if they'll be able to survive in the industry at this point.

They won't survive in these conditions

Think of it

Damage and costs of rebuilding the PSN: 24 billion dollars

Lawsuits $500,000-10,000,000+ (per case, it's worldwide)

Compensation of around $10-$100 per user

Consumer Confidence loss: Priceless

Conclusion: Sony will be doomed

And also Norio Ogha, the creator of Sony Computer Entertainment, has died(i don't know how to say that nicer) this weekend.

I bet he isn't resting in peace seeing the company he created go to hell ten times over.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrwienerdog said:
Advi said:
mrwienerdog said:
Haha

this is attributed to the stolen information of thousands of PSN customers and has nothing to do with the piracy.
you stupid there son

Really? I can believe that some people do attribute it to the 'stolen information of thousands of PSN customers' but I personally don't believe that everyone here is saying this stuff about Sony just because of that. And as a side, I am no Sony fanman. I own nothing nor will own nothing produced by Sony. For me, it was the whole Linux thing. But I didn't come on these forums and hope they would fold because of it.

Also, there is no reason to call me stupid.
As a consumer, I had no real problems with Sony, and I've owned every main Playstation product released (except for the phone and that POS Go), but as of late, they've just outright disgusted me with their decision to remove advertised features from their system and actually sue people trying to innovate using their various products (not just Playstation). I understand that as a business, their number one goal is to make money. But you don't shit on your own revenue.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Thesolcity said:
biggrin.gif
No one is my perfect my pal. No one is perfect.

No, but they at least could've tried. :/
IF I had put all my personal info on my PS3 thinking it was secure and then have this happen, I'd be pissed.

But I didn't make an account on playstation network so the CFW I have doesn't violate any TOS of mine. >>

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thesolcity said:
SamAsh07 said:
Thesolcity said:
biggrin.gif
No one is my perfect my pal. No one is perfect.

No, but they at least could've tried. :/
IF I had put all my personal info on my PS3 thinking it was secure and then have this happen, I'd be pissed.

But I didn't make an account on playstation network so the CFW I have doesn't violate any TOS of mine. >>
Lol that's nothing, I had a PSN account, with everything FAKE, no CC details since it was only to download freebies.

My name in that was Wright Bros, living in Idaho, Caldwell. Although I live somewhere far far away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh