kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my example is right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes you can just rename each part, just keep the order. Depending on the file splitter used, they have different naming conventions but any should work, you just need to make sure the output is renamed to the naming convention TX is currently using. They will probably have a recommended splitter that uses their naming convention at release time. But all should work.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

protivakid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from the faq we know SX OS will look for split files in the form of "filename.xc0" "filename.xc1" "filename.xc2" and so on to support ROMs larger than 4GB on FAT32. I tried using a file splitter and the output was filename_1(2).xci and filename_2(2).xci so obviously this doesn't work. do i just rename the extension to .xc0 and .xc1? or is there a specific splitter program to use?

This post just helped me. I could not figure out why SX OS would get stuck loading a split XCI backup. WAINCartDumper rips them in the .xci01 extension and gcdumptool rips them in the .xci.01 extension. Neither would work until I renamed the files .xc1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo