Gaming [Spoilers.] Stupid Sonic Mania Boss...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, like, legit. This boss is fucking bullshit. He doesn't even 'touch' me, and I die. It's such a bullshit and poorly-made boss. Nice job, Sega.

Goddamn I'm getting pissed. I hit him, but his tail, (or the rest of him) even without touching me, "hits" me, after I hit his head, and I die. Fucking bullshit!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the only boss in the game you may feel like is bs, there that metal sonic boss fight, and even the final boss battle in the egg rivere when you use super sonic, and even the boss in oil ocean.

watch his movements carefully and aim for his head. Don't drop all your rings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ring rush?

Is that when you hit him, your ring(s) fly out, and you collect the ring(s) that dropped? If so, I'm really never fast enough to catch the rings lol. Thanks though man. I appreciate it.
That is usually everyone's tactic for sonic games, is abusive but it works in most occasions. Is like the same as playing mega man, getting max e tanks subtank whatever and relying on health recovery to beat a boss instead of actually trying to win without taking too many hits.

You can also use tails to damage him, since he doesn't lose rings, is also another reason why people have tails in the first place, again another abuse tactic. :P

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the only boss in the game you may feel like is bs, there that metal sonic boss fight, and even the final boss battle in the egg rivere when you use super sonic, and even the boss in oil ocean.

That is usually everyone's tactic for sonic games, is abusive but it works in most occasions. Is like the same as playing mega man, getting max e tanks subtank whatever and relying on health recovery to beat a boss instead of actually trying to win without taking too many hits.
I already beat metal sonic. That was tough at first, but then I found it super easy.

I'm just throwing a pissy hissy fit and a temper tantrum because this is so frustrating for me. Thanks though man. I appreciate the help, but hearing "watch his movements carefully and aim for his head. Don't drop all your rings." is literally like saying "kill him" to me. It doesn't help haha. But I really appreciate the input.

You can also use tails to damage him, since he doesn't lose rings, is also another reason why people have tails in the first place, again another abuse tactic. :P
I love having Tails with me:)

Still sucks though because it feels like it doesn't work on this boss (the ring rush thing LOL)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love having Tails with me:)

Still sucks though because it feels like it doesn't work on this boss (the ring rush thing LOL)
The thing is you can just plug in a second controller in player 2 and have them fight the boss instead. You won't lose rings to any hits. But since That boss specifically is on the tornado, you can't use tails, so that why I suggested the common logic one. :P

Sorry is not much useful but good luck. Just pay attention to the back ground and foreground. His movements in the sand shows where he will attack next.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is you can just plug in a second controller in player 2 and have them fight the boss instead. You won't lose rings to any hits. But since That boss specifically is on the tornado, you can't use tails, so that why I suggested the common logic one. :P

Sorry is not much useful but good luck. Just pay attention to the back ground and foreground. His movements in the sand shows where he will attack next.
I really appreciate it, thank you man!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate it, thank you man!
Well even though is a sonic game, not everyone will enjoy it. Some bosses aren't the best of balance in fairness and challenge, some are too easy, some are frustrating and stressful and some are just boring, but can't expect golden eggs on all 12 zones, too much pressure to be great makes it difficult.

You may want to have a shield ability, they also help make your movement in air better to aim.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got stuck on Chemical Plant Zone, on those boxes that spin around. Not only do I get crushed by them very frequently (jumping at the wrong time), but it's underwater, so if I make more than one mistake, I don't have enough time to reach the surface and I'm dead. And not only that, but if I fall down on the next section (which I do a lot) I'm back to the spinning platforms again.
Got 3 game overs in a row on the same spot before I gave up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?