Square Enix "definitely interested" in bringing future Final Fantasy games to PC

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) All games for all things is a good thing, also didn't they release things on the 360 the last go around?
2) Still a more enjoyable experience than monster hunter.

1) Google Search says they did. And I guess releasing games for any system is good. (Conspiracy theory: Releasing this on the Xbox started the bad luck that came to the fore front when the Xbone was released.)
2) I don't understand how people can like that game. I'm not flaming people for liking it, but it's just a weird concept.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a great idea why don't you finish Final Fantasy XV first and promise to bring it to PC before doing anything else. The game better be out soon its not like its been in development for the past 8 years....oh wait I think it has.

Reactions: TheLostSabre

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news. I love most of the old final fantasy games and still have hopes for good new titles, so a PC version would be great. It's my platform of choice whenever possible so it's great to see more games coming

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they fix most of the gameplay issues in the International Zodiac Job System version of Final Fantasy XII?
Even if they did, it was only released in Asia. People who only speak English and/or only have NA consoles won't be able to play that version until it gets remastered this year or the next.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they did, it was only released in Asia. People who only speak English and/or only have NA consoles won't be able to play that version until it gets remastered this year or the next.
theres a translation patch out that allows you to take an iso of the US version and a zodiac job system iso and make an english copy of zodiac job system, though I haven't been able to get it to work properly

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a translation patch out that allows you to take an iso of the US version and a zodiac job system iso and make an english copy of zodiac job system, though I haven't been able to get it to work properly

Thats what I did used the magic swap dics to play this version on my NA PS2. I really like it although there are fewer bugs to exploited in this version than the regular one. For one they got rid of the early Zodiac spear bug, glitch or whatever you called that you could find by not opening certain chest in the beginning of the game and that one beach area that had a bunch just randomly chest lying around. I hope XII gets remaster but I really want them to finish XV first or if they do remaster XII give it to the same team that did X & X-2 HD Remaster since its a different team then the ones doing XV.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already hinted at the possibility so what are you talking about?

• America was supposed to receive an English Translated Final Fantasy V on SNES as well; yet we got Mystic Quest instead because Square deemed us "too stupid" to appreciate a jRPG
  • Square Enix has endlessly trolled us for a re-release of Final Fantasy VII for PlayStation, especially after that tech demo reveal for the PS3. Only now are we getting a re-release... and it's the ever-loving awful Final Fantasy X & X-2, for PS3 and Vita, which of course won't work on a PS4 because Sony and Squeenix are run by terrible people
  • This is not the first time that they've promised something supposedly awesome only to release shlock. See FF XI, XIII, XIII-2, Versus, Lightning Returns, etc.
  • The company barely does any marketing for the Chrono Trigger re-release on DS, and when asked about putting it on a modern console (even as a digital download), their only answer was "you shoulda bought more of the DS copy". They won't even talk about a proper sequel to ret-con the apparently awful Chrono Cross
  • Who at Square and Nintendo need to be locked together to greenlight a proper follow-up to Super Mario RPG? Now that is one property that is long overdue for a follow-up entry.
Needless, Square's games are at this point, "crap until proven good" by independent reviews.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • America was supposed to receive an English Translated Final Fantasy V on SNES as well; yet we got Mystic Quest instead because Square deemed us "too stupid" to appreciate a jRPG
  • Square Enix has endlessly trolled us for a re-release of Final Fantasy VII for PlayStation, especially after that tech demo reveal for the PS3. Only now are we getting a re-release... and it's the ever-loving awful Final Fantasy X & X-2, for PS3 and Vita, which of course won't work on a PS4 because Sony and Squeenix are run by terrible people
  • This is not the first time that they've promised something supposedly awesome only to release shlock. See FF XI, XIII, XIII-2, Versus, Lightning Returns, etc.
  • The company barely does any marketing for the Chrono Trigger re-release on DS, and when asked about putting it on a modern console (even as a digital download), their only answer was "you shoulda bought more of the DS copy". They won't even talk about a proper sequel to ret-con the apparently awful Chrono Cross
  • Who at Square and Nintendo need to be locked together to greenlight a proper follow-up to Super Mario RPG? Now that is one property that is long overdue for a follow-up entry.
Needless, Square's games are at this point, "crap until proven good" by independent reviews.
This I can agree on, I really liked that game and it seems to me all the newer so-called Super Mario RPG x aka Paper Mario and the rest of the variants, seems to be lacking. They don't compare to the original Super Mario RPG.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I did used the magic swap dics to play this version on my NA PS2. I really like it although there are fewer bugs to exploited in this version than the regular one. For one they got rid of the early Zodiac spear bug, glitch or whatever you called that you could find by not opening certain chest in the beginning of the game and that one beach area that had a bunch just randomly chest lying around. I hope XII gets remaster but I really want them to finish XV first or if they do remaster XII give it to the same team that did X & X-2 HD Remaster since its a different team then the ones doing XV.
XII has already been confirmed as a game they're remastering.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So go from great console-only entries, to terrible shlock that they're doing as also-rans on the PC.

FF XIII was universally terrible, especially to anyone with the reading comprehension to understand even a basic plot. The fact that the game makes NO attempt to clear up any of its gaping plotholes other than through obtuse and concealed database logs and entries is absurd. Final Fantasy used to explain the story in a manner that also explained its game mechanics seamlessly. It seems that after going 3D, the quality of the story and gameplay fell apart. And the japanese eat it up so much as to assure the rest of the world gets hit with their awful titles.

Did they learn nothing from the scathing reviews, or the investor that literally sold ALL of his stock after seeing how awful their next attempt at an MMOG was?

ITT: Let's all hate on post-SNES FF and SE!
ITT: Let's say games suck when I didn't even play the game, because I don't like the voice acting! (which admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of XII)

FFXIII was universally good/decent by critics online, not the best but still good. The original XIV was a failure, but XIV: ARR also seems to be a success. But oh well, opinions are just opinions. I happened to like 13 and LR (didn't play 2) better than some previous installments, and I'm glad it seems like I'll have a good chance to be able to play XV without having to purchase a console.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF XIII was one of the shining examples of "paid for points" reviews yet. It has been universally blasted by the players, and Spoony's six-part review seems to exemplify the very things I've come to fear about the quality of story telling and even how thoroughly the best qualities of early Final Fantasy titles have been utterly discarded.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF XIII was one of the shining examples of "paid for points" reviews yet. It has been universally blasted by the players, and Spoony's six-part review seems to exemplify the very things I've come to fear about the quality of story telling and even how thoroughly the best qualities of early Final Fantasy titles have been utterly discarded.

I think you need to learn the proper use of "universally". The game definitely had mixed reception from the users, but not "universally blasted". And much like you didn't like FFXIII (which I'm still not sure you even played it), I'm not too fond long, drawn out nonsensical review videos that don't actually do any REVIEWING other than "How can this girl beat this giant robot!?" or "Why is this [insert item name here] in this [insert item container type mechanic that has existed since the beginning of time here] and not in this crate?"

And I'm solely basing this on metacritic scores. Which isn't the be-all, end-all but it gives you an idea, since everyone loves expressing their hate for things on the internet. (i.e. FFXIII)

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys kidding me? FF12 by far is one of the best Final Fantasy titles. Confused as to why you people are even calling it an action-RPG. The only action-RPG mechanic is that the removal of random encounters. And it is a throwback to the old FFs, really shocked to hear this since (almost I guess) everyone agrees on this :V

Shitting on XIII is perfectly okay since that garbage deserves it as it was Toriyama's way to tell the world of how perfect his waifu is.

I'm sure KH3 would be bad and FF15 will be another crappy FF title since Nomura's target audience seems to be middle schoolers.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: Let's all hate on post-SNES FF and SE!
ITT: Let's say games suck when I didn't even play the game, because I don't like the voice acting! (which admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of XII)

FFXIII was universally good/decent by critics online, not the best but still good. The original XIV was a failure, but XIV: ARR also seems to be a success. But oh well, opinions are just opinions. I happened to like 13 and LR (didn't play 2) better than some previous installments, and I'm glad it seems like I'll have a good chance to be able to play XV without having to purchase a console.
I'm pretty sure this thread is hating post-IX, which would be post-PS1. Also, you're the one who needs to learn what universally means. Here's the results of the user scores there:
User score distribution:
  1. Positive: 171 out of 325
  2. Mixed: 47 out of 325
  3. Negative: 107
Unless, of course, you meant the "professional" critic scores, but seriously, only one out of 83 pros disliked it, and only 9 mixed? Something's wrong there.

This proves that there are people who dislike the game, including those that played it. If you look at Final Fantasy XIII as a regular RPG, it's decent (in my opinion). But, if you pay attention to the title, you'll see that it is a Final Fantasy, and a poor one at that.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay more ports and rehashes that are going to be absolutely terrible. Still waiting on my Dragon Quest games to be translated for the 3DS....but at this rate I will probably have all grey hair by the time that happens (which is saying something about how slow and lazy they are!).

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this thread is hating post-IX, which would be post-PS1. Also, you're the one who needs to learn what universally means. Here's the results of the user scores there:
User score distribution:
  1. Positive: 171 out of 325
  2. Mixed: 47 out of 325
  3. Negative: 107
Unless, of course, you meant the "professional" critic scores, but seriously, only one out of 83 pros disliked it, and only 9 mixed? Something's wrong there.

This proves that there are people who dislike the game, including those that played it. If you look at Final Fantasy XIII as a regular RPG, it's decent (in my opinion). But, if you pay attention to the title, you'll see that it is a Final Fantasy, and a poor one at that.

u·ni·ver·sal·ly
ˌyo͞onəˈvərsəlē/
adverb

1. 1.
    by everyone; in every case.
    "progress is not always universally welcomed"
Ok. Now that we got that out of they way.

About those metacritic numbers, you've just shown MOST metacritic users thought it was a good game!

The average score is 83 among critics and 7.6 among users, seems about right to me. An "8/10" these days is usually a "good but not great" score nowadays. And to be negative on metacritic, you have to be <50. But eh, who cares about reviews anyway. Your own opinion is what matters. Like I found most of the actual gameplay in Bioshock Infinite and Uncharted/The Last of Us to be mediocre, but everything else was great. "But those games are 9/10, 10/10 games! They must be amazing in every way possible!"

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u·ni·ver·sal·ly
ˌyo͞onəˈvərsəlē/
adverb

1. 1.
    by everyone; in every case.
    "progress is not always universally welcomed"
Ok. Now that we got that out of they way.

About those metacritic numbers, you've just shown MOST metacritic users thought it was a good game!
And you've just shown that "MOST" doesn't qualify as "universally", because it is not "by everyone; in every case."

/drops mic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1