• Total voters

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get the question out of the way:
Where the hell are the Mii Fighter outfits?
I have a load. Bought everything the shop had to offer and then... They stopped. :wtf:?? I guess I got them all? I concluded the rest, especially the one I want, must be hidden behind challenges as rewards but I just got every single challenge and like the only thing I got was Majora's Mask... In which I already had the Skull Kid hat. I have done 100% of World of Light (Obviously since I beat all Challenges. :/) and no reward gave me the rest that are present in Wii U/3DS...

Now I understand Proto Man and Knuckles and friends are not present. Copyrite reasons for licenses they probably no longer own. Who knows... But the damn Hunter Gear?? Why was that cut? Or am I just missing something important? The Hunter Gear is just... Regular Gear right? Or could that be gear exclusive to Monster Hunter and I didn't know it was stylized after that game? I assumed it was just some regular gear based off of savage hunters for Miis...

Either way I want an answer. Mii outfits stopped appearing in shops and I got every challenge. What the hell else do they want from me to unlock basic things such as "Cat Ears", "Panda Hat", "Mail Armor" and, if my thought up there is incorrect, "Hunter Gear"?? :( They scrap Mail Armor and stuff but keep that crappy Mii Brawler Construction Bionic arm trash that looks like someone is cosplaying as a tractor? XDD
My Mii on the Wii U/3DS uses the Hunter Gear... So yeah. Surely you can see how much this sucks.

As for the disappointment... If the basic Mii outfits that *SHOULDN'T* have been patented such as Panda Hat and Cat Ears, I do not believe I own, were scrapped... What's the deal? Space? Come on... Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 came up to like 20 GB on the Switch cartridge. :/ Very disappointing.
And not only that, *SPOILERS*:

There are about 14 or so unique bosses and no Boss Mode. You can even play as Master/Crazy Hand at one point in the style of Century Smash; the damn Time Limit even counts UP as if it's recording your high score but nope. They tease us and the only way to do it again is to go through the entire World of Light mode again. :( Sounds a bit complaining and I agree, the Master Hand thing is a bit complaining but the only thing locking us from it is a simple lack of "Start" button?
Same thing with Boss mode. Giving us the ability to fight bosses but not as we wish? The whole game is based off of fighting, for geezus' sake... Let alone World of Light is a bit senselessly single player only as well as fighting bosses can be done with multiple people in Classic Mode.... Why should I have to let P1 Link die in Classic mode just so I can use Dark Samus to fight Ganon outside of the World of Light? Very big disappointment... I will quickly round up a few disappointments in this game with spoilers incase a few of you are wondering and I don't want a wall of text for every small thing so you guys decide what you like or whatever:

- No boss mode but about 14 or so bosses.
- Playing as Master Hand teasing... But no Century Smash Mode or whatever. That can be excused as just a fun little thing for World of Light, though... A bit too fun for a "Little" thing...
- A bunch of scrapped Mii parts. No I don't even mean copyrighted material but senselessly removed gear such as a Panda hat??
- Was never a big fan of the trillions of challenges in Brawl and Wii U... But this one has too little and far too easy challenges. Now that wouldn't be a problem if their were more things to unlock and achieve in the game, but unlocking 10 characters after playing your first 10 smash rounds is not very acceptable and allows people to get 100% in only a few hours... Which would be more fun if Special Smash was handled better.
- Spirit focused. 60% of the game's unlockables and content really seems to be more based on unlocking hundreds of spirits and thousands of snacks for spirits... As if we will ACTUALLY go complete World of Light 10 times. :wtf: Not me. We can use them in regular smash but why would we do that? To be super overpowered and kill enemies in one hit? Just turn on handicap for certain characters. Why would I really care THAT much to start with a beam sword? Starting with a mushroom is nice but not when the time for a mushroom is limited... The whole spirit system is very useless outside of World of Light since Attack/Speed/Defense aren't three different things. Just be overpowered or take off spirits in general. Heck. You can't even equip "Supports" without a primary spirit. -.- And supports are the ones that give you beam sword and stuff if you wanted. So you are forced to pick a low powered primary if you don't want to be overpowered AND with a beam sword or something. :S Very huge let down... At least the Wii U/3DS customization we actually WANT to use in regular Smash since we can choose their weaknesses and strengths to balance them out in SOME way... Ó_Ò
- Ridley is small and I know this was an issue from the beginning... But it's worse when everytime in Classic mode Ridley is bigger than he is as you play as him... EVERYTIME. It's like Nintendo KNOWS how disgusting Ridley is when they look at his size. XD A 30 foot pterodactyl is the same size as 6 foot Samus... Yeah. Right. I understand he is leaning but when he stands up right, 7 1/2 feet still certain doesn't cut it. At least make him permanently bigger or give us the option to choose which "Special Mode" stats specific fighters will have. Like choosing CPU Level. Who wants to play a match where EVERYONE is big anyway? If everyone is big it should be called "Small stage mode" ._. Very senseless. They did a good job fixing things but did no one see the Special Smash issue? I guess they fixed the Stamina since people actually asked for it... Idk. Just keep the man as a boss or do not butcher his size so drastically. Soon we'll have 4 foot Dracula as a playable character. Or even worse, 6 foot 2nd Form Dracula.
- I don't feel achieved or even inclined to beating Classic. In Melee we got Trophies for doing it which we can see them all lined up, view their diorama AND read up on their lore. Even special circumstances like Giga Bowser, Crazy Hand, Brawl achievements + unlockables... Fun stuff. This? We get... Snacks for beating it. A little icon we beat it with that character and, if you didn't play for 3 hours to get EVERY SINGLE ONE, a Mii gear or two... oh and money to buy more snacks in the store and occasionally a Spirit to use the snacks on. Snacks are senseless if we beat World of Light and have no use for them outside of it. ._. So why all of these damn snacks and Spirits? If we could AT LEAST read up on them for the lore like Trophies then sure. Of course we'd love to unlock them. Me at least... But that doesn't even seem to be an option... Just... Dudes' portraits for abilities we won't use later. Let alone many of them do the same thing if anything at all.

How to fix most, if not all of these problems:

Add Master Hand Mode to Mob Smash.
Add Boss Rush or, even better, Boss Selection.
Have Spirit abilities last indefinitely so they will be very different than just allowing the stage to drop a weapon you spawned with.

I understand the Miis. Probably more work than they felt was necessary so scrapped small head gear like the Cat Ears and such. Can't beat the Proto Man Custom Gear thing as it is most likely Licensing reasons. Classic is disappointing but not worth changing without real big changes to how unlocking things work and what unlocks what so just not worth changing. Allowing Special Smash's rules to be applied to character individually. Even if it is forced to be 4 payer instead of 8 players it is better than what we have.

I made a poll. I personally still feel Melee is the best Super Smash Bros. but I want to know you guys' opinion on these games. all of these are outstanding and beyond great. But some things that really did upset me is right here.

Last edited by Grmmish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1