Star Wars: Squadrons formally announced after leak, reveal trailer to go live next week

homm9jD.png

After accidentally blowing the cover on their upcoming new Star Wars title through a Microsoft store listing, Electronic Arts has confirmed that Star Wars: Squadrons is the latest game in the franchise that they have been working on. Going by the tease of "Pilots Wanted", it'll likely focus on starfighter combat, but we'll know for certain when the game gets its official reveal trailer during EA Play 2020, which is set for June 15th at 8am PDT.

:arrow: Source

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recall the Rogue Squadron games being pretty long. Regardless, 15 hours is far from asking too much in an age when games regularly release with 60+ hours of content. The game being primarily/entirely vehicle-focused is no excuse to half-ass the campaign.
rpgs and such have 60+hours .. regular games do not, i dont see action game to be 60 hours even on this day and no rogue squadron is like 8-9 hours, rogue squadron 2 is 7 hours and rogue squadron 3 is 6 hours.

so yeah for a vehicular combat game 7 hours is just fine since vehicular combat games dont have much in the way of exploration, quests, side missions and whatnot, they are preety straightfoward action packed and that is what it makes them good so to have 60 hours you would like like 200 missions or make them drag big time doing pointless things besides you know shooting noone stop action.

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter might not be 15 hours long, but it was still a long single player vehicular combat game with a nice expansion too.
acording to the how long to beat that is 12/half hours long for the average person to finish the main story and that is still a long way to go to reach the 60 hours he wanted a new ip to have on vehicular combat lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so to have 60 hours you would like like 200 missions lol
Sounds good to me. :yay:

Seriously though, even FPS games easily hit 15+ hour campaigns most of the time, and vehicular combat games are basically just a different type of FPS. There's no reason to lower our expectations simply because of the genre.

I never asked for a 60 hour campaign for this game. I only stated that 15 hours is not too much to ask for given how many other games do release with 60+ hours of content. Not just RPGs, but turn-based games and action-adventure stuff like Assassin's Creed too.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sounds good to me. :yay:

Seriously though, even FPS games easily hit 15+ hour campaigns most of the time, and vehicular combat games are basically just a different type of FPS. There's no reason to lower our expectations just because of the genre.
what fps are you playing lol?unless your playing something like deus ex which is also kinda of an rpg, i dont recall any FPS campaign being 15 hour campagn at all not halos or COD or battlefields or even bioshocks last 15 hours average...

you must play a very special breed of FPS games with 15 + hours i never heard about.

D

Deleted User

15 years since Rebel Strike...
And we got battlefronts as a meager paliative.

Like RTS with C&C Remaster, will we see a revival of a genra killed by online and competitive gaming ?

Time will tell.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what fps are you playing lol?unless your playing something like deus ex which is also kinda of an rpg, i dont recall any FPS campaign being 15 hour campagn at all not halos or COD or battlefields or even bioshocks last 15 hours average...

you must play a very special breed of FPS games with 15 + hours i never heard about.
According to howlongtobeat.com Most FPS games come in right around 15 hours if you want to see everything (but not necessarily complete everything). 12 if you're just breezing through, and obviously less if you're speedrunning. CoD and Battlefield are notorious for their short campaigns compared to other series.

FPS games that take more than 15 hours to beat include the Borderlands series, Dying Light, recent Far Cry games, Prey, and yeah modern Deus Ex games, just to name a few. I'll say it again: a 15-hour campaign is not too much to ask for. It can even be a soft 15 hours that takes veterans of the genre more like 11 or 12 hours to beat. Less than that, though, and it might as well be multiplayer-only and go straight to the bargain bin.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good