Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What we need to do is disable new account registration... Seriously. Yeah, I know. I feel like we live in an age where dependence on technology is only growing each and every day.. Which is kinda backwards. Instead of using the Internet and its vast resources to answer a question that more than like has been asked more than ever necessary.. Let's create countless new threads and claim we don't know how the Internet works.

We also need to sift through our current member registration and limit some people to prevent massive shit posting. Referencing what pat was talking about before. Too many legitimate threads asking for help with their 3ds are pretty much raped by people trying to "convert" the original poster to a9lh. Which has no relevance to the question more than half of the time. I can't speak much for other parts of the forum.. But the 3ds section is pretty much shit.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's hard to say whether this is a bot or a genuine human idiot. We'd have to subject it to the Voight-Kampff test.

"You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on it's back. The tortoise lays on it's back, it's belly baking in the hot sun, beating it's legs trying to turn it'self over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"
"Gfghfhbfgffhftvrhdf!"

Sorry, it took me a while to realize that I forgot the message "body", and I accidently posted without entering the rest of my "comment".

Also, I have reported the account before I posted it here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: or I may've just misinterpreted your message, I don't know.

Last edited by Sono,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All things considered, I don't think that limiting the amount of registrations or closing the EoF are the answer. We already have a system to distinguish Newcomers from Members, it should be put to use. Newcomers failing to adhere to community guidelines should face harsher penalties, call it a probation period if you will. You have to separate the grain from the chaff, might as well do it early.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The new registration deal is to keep the bots out for now. At least until we know that somebody will quit spamming the temp. Should have put that there. It'd be great to have stricter requirements for a newbie to become a full member.. Wait...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new registration deal is to keep the bots out for now. At least until we know that somebody will quit spamming the temp. Should have put that there. It'd be great to have stricter requirements for a newbie to become a full member.. Wait...
Does GBAtemp currently have a Captcha required to sign up? I don't remember because it's been a while

Reactions: nxwing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sometimes I feel like the mods or admins are non-existant but we all know they have real lives too (maybe?)
Today, I could just do this since I came back from work :
- checked new messages from densetsu's thread.
- reply to the posts I got notified from (ddd, loadiine)
- read this thread, all 9 pages and it's time for me to go to bed.

when 3DS hacking started, I tried to make the 3DS section clean and start a wiki with lot of informations, create guides, faqs, etc.
I did it as a start, and hoped people will continue working and helping each others.
I don't have enough time to follow all the new created threads anymore. I completely dropped the 3DS section moderating, and even 3DS section reading (I can't even read it for my own knowledge and information)

I'm now trying to do the same on WiiU section, I started a wiki with the list of existing homebrew, but it's in an abandon state because people only care about "how to pirate this game" instead of thinking about providing the information that other people might need.
I wish I had more time to do even more, moderate correctly, follow all the posts and new threads, but I can't.
reading 4 thread per day is just not enough to do a good job. Like I said, I can't even read things for myself, even less take the time to look at the reports and read the reason and the backstory of every users to decide what the best action is.

To me, I think we would need more moderators (not necessarily global mods), with lot of free time and ready to dedicate their time to improve the forum. people who are available most of the time (no school, no job?).
I'm very sorry that my lack of moderating activity led to the current state of the 3DS and WiiU section. I try to do as much as I can. it's not enough to me.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today, I could just do this since I came back from work :
- checked new messages from densetsu's thread.
- reply to the posts I got notified from (ddd, loadiine)
- read this thread, all 9 pages and it's time for me to go to bed.

when 3DS hacking started, I tried to make the 3DS section clean and start a wiki with lot of informations, create guides, faqs, etc.
I did it as a start, and hoped people will continue working and helping each others.
I don't have enough time to follow all the new created threads anymore. I completely dropped the 3DS section moderating, and even 3DS section reading (I can't even read it for my own knowledge and information)

I'm now trying to do the same on WiiU section, I started a wiki with the list of existing homebrew, but it's in an abandon state because people only care about "how to pirate this game" instead of thinking about providing the information that other people might need.
I wish I had more time to do even more, moderate correctly, follow all the posts and new threads, but I can't.
reading 4 thread per day is just not enough to do a good job. Like I said, I can't even read things for myself, even less take the time to look at the reports and read the reason and the backstory of every users to decide what the best action is.

To me, I think we would need more moderators (not necessarily global mods), with lot of free time and ready to dedicate their time to improve the forum. people who are available most of the time (no school, no job?).
I'm very sorry that my lack of moderating activity led to the current state of the 3DS and WiiU section. I try to do as much as I can. it's not enough to me.
I'm online like alot. I have no life, so maybe I could do some volunteer work

Reactions: Deleted User

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to get a higher position, asking for it isn't going to get you very far. Let your good record on the forum speak for you
Well I just said that I could help. What's wrong with that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would be totally fine with just helping for some time, and then being a normal member egain, till Cyan has more time on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine