Hacking Static Base Wad

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
thx, I got confirmation from Tantric in another thread, the issue was in fact a buggy libogc... in fact Tantric's hdd was even affected

At least I can rest easy knowing that at least I didn't personally make any mistakes when compiling the damn forwarder

Ouch! Im gonna be downgrading all tantrics emu and WiiMC now, luckily i have not really used them since i updated so no corruption as of now.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, this IS Off-Topic, but I still think it's the best place to ask....

Would it be possible to create a Channel that corrupts it's entry, so that it doesn't appear on the Playlog? HBC does this, for example. Would like to see this, so that the Forwarder-Channels aren't always in the Playlog. And excuse my Noobishness, I have no idea if the App or the Channel itself can do that...
In order to prevent strange effects that arise from not updating the timestamps correctly, the Homebrew Channel writes a corrupted entry to this file. This causes the System Menu to discard it upon the next boot.

static char _playtime_path[] __attribute__((aligned(32))) =
"/title/00000001/00000002/data/play_rec.dat";

void playtime_destroy(void) {
s32 res;
s32 pt_fd = -1;
static u8 pt_buf[4] __attribute__((aligned(32)));

gprintf("destroying playtime\n");

res = ISFS_Initialize();
if (res) {
ISFS_Deinitialize();
gprintf("error initializing isfs (%d)\n", res);
return;
}

pt_fd = IOS_Open(_playtime_path, IPC_OPEN_RW);
if(pt_fd < 0) {
ISFS_Deinitialize();
gprintf("playtime open failed: %d\n", pt_fd);
return;
}

memset(pt_buf, 0, sizeof(pt_buf));

res = IOS_Write(pt_fd, &pt_buf, sizeof(pt_buf));
if (res != sizeof(pt_buf)) {
IOS_Close(pt_fd);
ISFS_Deinitialize();
gprintf("error destroying playtime (%d)\n", res);
return;
}

IOS_Close(pt_fd);
ISFS_Deinitialize();

return;
}

Source: WiiBrew

ewookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it illegal to post a forwarder.dol compiled from the wiimc code? it would be great to have one pre-made somewhere. to change the boot path, all you need is a hex-editor.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just include the source directory to be careful. But maybe a simple tut on setting up devkitppc etc, getting the source, customising and compiling it might be more useful for people who want to make custom channels. They could change the splash screen etc then.

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding this static based forwarder with AHBPROT+DVD. This forwarder has the AHBPROT flag set but what is the +DVD. Is there another flag to enable DVD access or the AHBPROT flag enables DVD HW access?

I have read that the AHBPROT flag is in the forwarder header. Does anyone know where in the header it is located? I am trying to figure out if it is possible to patch an existing forwarder with the AHBPROT flag. Better yet if someone knows of a utility to patch a forwarder with the AHBPROT flag that would be great.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrGreg said:
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding this static based forwarder with AHBPROT+DVD. This forwarder has the AHBPROT flag set but what is the +DVD. Is there another flag to enable DVD access or the AHBPROT flag enables DVD HW access?

I have read that the AHBPROT flag is in the forwarder header. Does anyone know where in the header it is located? I am trying to figure out if it is possible to patch an existing forwarder with the AHBPROT flag. Better yet if someone knows of a utility to patch a forwarder with the AHBPROT flag that would be great.
Rip the TMD out of this WAD, stick it into the other and you should be set I think.

If that doesn't work, take the banner and DOL (and if you want nandloader, but there's not much point in that) from your current forwarder and stick them into this WAD.

Either way, you'll then have to edit the TMD to have the correct title ID and channel name, but I believe doing that with CustomizeMii should keep the flag intact, so once you have a WAD again after either method, just use CustomizeMii to finish it off.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ewookie said:
is it illegal to post a forwarder.dol compiled from the wiimc code? it would be great to have one pre-made somewhere. to change the boot path, all you need is a hex-editor.

+1 I (think I) dumped the wad with bluedump of the wiimc's latest forwarder channel, so that I could wad2iso it for wiiflow... but its didnt forward when launched from wiiflow, just black screened.....
frown.gif

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SifJar,

I found another post where cwstjdenobs explains where to patch the TMD. His explanation is post #20 here http://gbatemp.net/t248509-anybody-working...nels?&st=15. That answers that question but I still need to know what cwstjdenobs means by +DVD. I am guessing that the AHBPROT flag enables DVD HW access but want to be sure that nothing else needs to be changed to give DVD support.

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks tueidj,

That makes sense. So here is what cwstjdenobs says in the other thread...

QUOTE said:
Just set the access rights field in your TMD to 3 and the IOS (sys_version) to 58 if you don't want to wait.

EDIT: So if you're handy with a hex editor that's 0x18B to 0x3A and 0x1DB to 0x03
EDIT the 2nd: Also make sure the forwarder dol you are using doesn't do any IOS reload.

To distinguish what bit controls what is this correct?

AHBPROT - 0x1DB to 0x03
DI interface - 0x18B to 0x3A

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrGreg said:
Thanks tueidj,

That makes sense. So here is what cwstjdenobs says in the other thread...

QUOTE said:
Just set the access rights field in your TMD to 3 and the IOS (sys_version) to 58 if you don't want to wait.

EDIT: So if you're handy with a hex editor that's 0x18B to 0x3A and 0x1DB to 0x03
EDIT the 2nd: Also make sure the forwarder dol you are using doesn't do any IOS reload.

To distinguish what bit controls what is this correct?

AHBPROT - 0x1DB to 0x03
DI interface - 0x18B to 0x3A
No. DVD Enable is bit 0 of 0x1DB and AHBPROT is bit 1. The byte at 0x18B is part of the IOS version and has nothing to do with it.

MrGreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK tueidj,

So to sum it up...

For ABHPROT+DVD set 0x03 at address 0x1DB

Bit 0/DVD enable - 0
Bit 1/AHBPROT enable - 3

For IOS58 set 0x3A at address 0x18B

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs,
since the newest builds of scummvm for wii need the argument passed to the boot.elf in order to function. i have gathered the most awesome forwarder with splash screens and uploaded them, praying you would lend a second of your time to compile an awesome forwarder for us scummvm users as you have compiled the static base (ios58/AHBPROT). if you could please compile a AHBPROT compatible forwarder dol that searched sd/usb for the path:

apps/scummvm/boot.elf

scummvmbackground Splash Screens
http://www.sendspace.com/file/neyg48

ScummVM BNS-SCUM.wad
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymnyjz0mgdi

i have provided the necessary splash screens and a wad with banners/animations:
when i load the wad in customizemii, it says the wad is PAL, if you know anyway of making a NTSC compatible wad, that wont brick wiis without priiloader installed, it would be the most appreciated.
please excuse the copypasta. thank you for everything sir.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It says it's pal because the last letter of the title ID is P. You should change the title ID to something else really anyhows, but I don't think it will cause any problems on an NTSC Wii (but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you are replacing an old forwarder channel why not just use it's title ID?

But yeah I'll happily compile a forwarder dol for you. Just link me the source of the one you want to use.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU!

i supposed this is the WiiMC forwarder source....?
http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/brow...r=701#forwarder

and heres the splash screens id like you to use:
scummvmbackground Splash Screens
http://www.sendspace.com/file/neyg48
if the dol could search sd/usb for the path:

apps/scummvm/boot.elf

everything will be perfect.
all i will need to do is insert the dol you compile into this base wad and scummvm will boot with the needed AHBPROT flag set correct?
alll i will have to do is figure out how to get the banner/animation/sound from this wad:
ScummVM BNS-SCUM.wad
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymnyjz0mgdi
to the base i will be using with the forwarder correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just get out of the shower, it slides right out when my ass is lathered and i don't need to wipe +1