Steam Deck celebrates its 1st anniversary with custom startup movies and a discount

The Steam Deck got its first year anniversary on February 25th, and while that date has passed already, Steam didn't forget the momentous occasion. Steam released a special post on March 16th which goes into specific details about the anniversary.

To celebrate and commemorate this, Steam is currently offering a 10% discount on Steam Deck purchases for the duration of the Spring Sale event, which will last until March 23rd, and includes all the current shipping locations in which the Steam Deck is available. Those countries without Deck shipping sadly are not included. As for the Spring Sale event, Steam created a showcase of the top 100 games played for the Deck, and several of which currently have a discount offer on them.

Not only that, but Steam has also brought another feature into the Steam Deck, in the form of a built in feature to modify the startup movie which plays when powering on the Steam Deck, and to go alongside it, the Steam team created 20 customized startup movies for the device, specially created by them for people to select from as part of the Steam Deck's anniversary.

Have you been one of those lucky people to get a Steam Deck during its first year? How has the Steam Deck changed the way you play your games?

:arrow: Source

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow 10% off a (at minimum) $400 system so useful

ik obvsiously they're not gonna half it or anything, it just came out
but like
people get hyped over a 10% discount??

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Steam Deck.

The BAD-
The OS has some severe jank
Way too Big
Battery life is obvious shart
Only Comes in Black?!

The GOOD-
Insane game library
runs most games well
feels higher quality despite all plastic

Reactions: sith

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wow 10% off a (at minimum) $400 system so useful

ik obvsiously they're not gonna half it or anything, it just came out
but like
people get hyped over a 10% discount??

That 10% discount is already around 40 dollars, which is quite a substantial amount. Almost that of what the Switch Lite cut-off from the normal Switch.

Reactions: 64bitmodels and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i remember someone saying that the steam deck is the successor of the ps vita. could not agree more.
I view it more as a Sega Nomad for the 3D era of gaming, which is something that I never dreamed could become real. I appreciate that Nintendo was willing to demonstrate a demand for such a product, but in retrospect Switch was just the appetizer. No more waiting for scaled-down ports or having to buy games twice.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gift to a loved one maybe?

Or have at another apartment/house, but that's more likely.

I love my Steam Deck.

The BAD-
The OS has some severe jank
Way too Big
Battery life is obvious shart
Only Comes in Black?!

The GOOD-
Insane game library
runs most games well
feels higher quality despite all plastic
If there was a white version and it looked like Nintendo's Wii/Wii U in white, you'd not want it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If there was a white version and it looked like Nintendo's Wii/Wii U in white, you'd not want it.
IDK, mine looks pretty good with a mostly-white Portal skin. Makes the black bits pop more and matches my black and white PC/PS5. You can also get transparent backplates in various colors now.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Anniversary Stem Deck!
I ordered mine the first day and the one year wait was tough.
Got mine last year in June.
Little jealous of the discount but there's no way I could have waited an additional year for that.
Been really happy with the device, no limits, I play what I want and if it doesn't work, go into desktop mode and fix it up like any PC.
Really love the thing.

Glad it's hitting retail stores somewhere and the official boot videos seem to pair nice with the unofficial ones just fine.
Once ya have one in your hands and some time to make it your own it really starts to shine it's best.

Surprised they still haven't shown anything on a Steam Controller 2 though, the deck controls have been so nice for me it's been hard to go back to a regular controller.

Though streaming a game to the Deck works just fine too, which I do sometimes just to get the controls.
It really has changed a lot for the way I play PC games and being able to share them with friends and family.

Reactions: Xzi

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a question the ram is soldered in right would be even better to mod the ram to 32GB i already like that you can change the video mem to 4gb max but that leaves you with 11gb ram

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
have a question the ram is soldered in right would be even better to mod the ram to 32GB i already like that you can change the video mem to 4gb max but that leaves you with 11gb ram
Unless you're intent on really doing some crazy multitasking, there's no point in having that much RAM. Deck's RAM is also really high quality quad-channel DDR5, which is part of what lets it punch above its weight class in terms of gaming performance.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why need more than one or two? Not criticising, genuinely curious.
4 and no idea :D , to sell them in Third Countries :teach:
Post automatically merged:

i could buy 3 switch lite for same price and not need to tweak settings
The tweaking is the main point. You can do on it whatever you want. Play PS2 games in 5x the native resolution, so much possibilities . I have all the Switches x2 and they are collecting dust :D

Last edited by Blavla,

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sister has one of these and I've been lusting over it. I love handhelds, and while my gaming desktop is a loyal friend, it's hard to help wanting the same level of power and openness in handheld form. I hope, now that the Steam Deck has opened it up to the masses, the concept never dies.

Reactions: Henx and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1