Strange PS4 save error / data corruption issue

Darkhero0418

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On PS4 jailbreak 9.00 with GoldHEN 2.2.2. I have a strange save issue. It all started when I was playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. I was just over halfway through the game when it crashed. I went to load it back up and it would not load my save from slot one. Errored that it was corrupted.

So I thought I could try Apollo save tool to recover it. I was able to copy the save unencrypted to my USB. then I deleted the save. Loaded up the game and started a new game. Once saved I exited and went back into Apollo save tool and copied the new save to my USB.

Then launched PS4-Xplorer and copied my games save files to the new save folder I just backed up. Then from Apollo I resigned and copied it back over. Unfortunately this did not work. Save came up as corrupted again.

So I tried this whole process again but this time I used slot 2 and that did work. It was able to load my save and I was able to continue and beat the game. But my problem now is something is screwy with save slot 1. I am able to successfully change save slots 2 and 3 mid game and works fine but whenever I chose slot 1 it errors that it can't save.

Now interestingly enough this also happens now in Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I cannot use slot 1 and I have noticed if I trigger the save/corruption error on either tomb raider game when I go to launch a completely different game I have not played, it errors that it can't save the profile settings this then happens for every game I launch. The only temp fix is to restart the PS4 and re-jailbreak.

Did I somehow corrupt the save function of the system or something else? I thought about booting to safemode and rebuilding the database but stopped and researched first and discovered that this would delete all the fpkg's I have installed so I did not do that.

Any help or direction to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reactions: NSp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is that the save is stuck in limbo. you'll have to rebuild the database, possibly. backup your databases from system_data/priv/mms, rebuild the database, then reinject the databases, sign out of your profile, then sign back in. everything should be back, and the problem should be fixed.

LeGend7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did
On PS4 jailbreak 9.00 with GoldHEN 2.2.2. I have a strange save issue. It all started when I was playing Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. I was just over halfway through the game when it crashed. I went to load it back up and it would not load my save from slot one. Errored that it was corrupted.

So I thought I could try Apollo save tool to recover it. I was able to copy the save unencrypted to my USB. then I deleted the save. Loaded up the game and started a new game. Once saved I exited and went back into Apollo save tool and copied the new save to my USB.

Then launched PS4-Xplorer and copied my games save files to the new save folder I just backed up. Then from Apollo I resigned and copied it back over. Unfortunately this did not work. Save came up as corrupted again.

So I tried this whole process again but this time I used slot 2 and that did work. It was able to load my save and I was able to continue and beat the game. But my problem now is something is screwy with save slot 1. I am able to successfully change save slots 2 and 3 mid game and works fine but whenever I chose slot 1 it errors that it can't save.

Now interestingly enough this also happens now in Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I cannot use slot 1 and I have noticed if I trigger the save/corruption error on either tomb raider game when I go to launch a completely different game I have not played, it errors that it can't save the profile settings this then happens for every game I launch. The only temp fix is to restart the PS4 and re-jailbreak.

Did I somehow corrupt the save function of the system or something else? I thought about booting to safemode and rebuilding the database but stopped and researched first and discovered that this would delete all the fpkg's I have installed so I did not do that.

Any help or direction to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you fix the problem, I have the same issue here on 9.00 also

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol