stuff we just let slide

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This one is pretty obvious and present in.. I think all the games: how come when you die you always get another/infinite chances? Say that in a game you get crushed by a boulder you die and then you respaswn right before you met your faith and avoid that boulder. I'd like to see someone manage that in real life.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
Hatsune Miku said:
qwertymodo said:
Eating a mushroom makes you instantly twice as tall... trippy much? Or how about the whole Mario pipe concept :wtf:
I always did wonder about that o.O and a random thought came to my mind, i used to hate mushrooms until i found out about Mario, now I eat them all the time o.O

And what about bowser's inside story?
We're in bowser... kay...
But, if bowser could jump, he could easily go to, for example toad town, and jump in the pipe. WHAT THE F*CK would happen if he would do that o.O
I mean really, the ledges he has to jump over are about 10 centimetres tall?
He doesn't even litterally have to jump over them, rolling or something is fine too (and we know that he can roll, but he can't jump)

Edit portal stuff:
This is one of the reasons, that if the portal gun will be ever made (dono how
tongue.gif
)
They won't bring it out to public, unless it's for war or whatever.
In the game you can't shoot portals in people (or atleast... due to the lack of people we're not sure but whatever xD)
If one would do that irl, shoot the blue portal @ himself, in his leg.
Then he would shoot a portal @ the wall, the red one.
What would happen when he enters the red portal?
That guy would be seriously f*cked up O.O

Edit2:
If that guy doesn't die or whatever, then we get irl lag. Yes lag
tongue.gif

Because he has just created INFINITE dimensions.
Because really, what would your computer do when you want to open a .exe which is as big as infinite bytes?
Edit3:Wait, it would give an error message after loading for too long
tongue.gif

I hope that doesn't happen irl, god saying NO! DON'T! Bad guy with portal gun!
NO!

1. Place Portal on object.

2. Place other Portal on wall.

3. Throw Portal-ed object into Portal on wall.

4. ?

5. Profit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
Edit portal stuff:
tongue.gif
)
In the game you can't shoot portals in people (or atleast... due to the lack of people we're not sure but whatever xD)

Portals only attach themselves to flat surfaces. They also require a certain amount flat area (that's larger than your typical human since Chell can move through the portals easily) and they only can appear on certain materials. It's like in-game why you can't have a portal appear on the black surfaces or why you can't just shoot a turret with on and have it blow it.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
tijntje_7 said:
Edit portal stuff:
tongue.gif
)

Portals only attach themselves to flat surfaces. They also require a certain amount flat area (that's larger than your typical human since Chell can move through the portals easily) and they only can appear on certain materials. It's like in-game why you can't have a portal appear on the black surfaces or why you can't just shoot a turret with on and have it blow it.

Yeah, okay whatever, but what about the post above your post?

4. ?

5. Profit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
Yeah, okay whatever, but what about the post above your post?

QUOTE said:

4. ?

5. Profit.

It'd just fly out of the side you put the Portal on on the object. No damage would be done. When you go through a Portal in the game it's not like the wall explodes or whatever. Once you go through and once you take away the Portal there's no trace a Portal was ever there.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The object would be stuck in the wall portal if I'm right.
Because:
Object = in wall's blue portal.
Red portal = in object.
If it would fly out of the red portal, it would still be in the blue portal
tongue.gif

And how could an object fly out of itself?
I'll take a + for the object, - for the wall, | for red portal, / for blue portal
-/ +|
-/ +|
-/ +|
-/+|
-/|+ ?...?
wtf? xD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
The object would be stuck in the wall portal if I'm right.
Because:
Object = in wall's blue portal.
Red portal = in object.
If it would fly out of the red portal, it would still be in the blue portal
tongue.gif

And how could an object fly out of itself?
I'll take a + for the object, - for the wall, | for red portal, / for blue portal
-/ +|
-/ +|
-/ +|
-/+|
-/|+ ?...?
wtf? xD

Red and Blue Portals are exactly the same dimensions. And the object needs to be able to fit the entirety of the Portal on it. I'm rather sure it's impossible to fit two objects of the same size inside each other. So it's not possible.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Red and Blue Portals are exactly the same dimensions. And the object needs to be able to fit the entirety of the Portal on it. I'm rather sure it's impossible to fit two objects of the same size inside each other. So it's not possible.
Well it's possible to put a rectangle turned 90 degrees inside through a portal on a rectangle standing upward...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I missed the Portal talk, but yes, the idea that the portals so conveniently don't work on some surfaces is a bit annoying, but hey, it was an "experimental" device after all.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
How does Sora fight multiple combos with the keyblade and never get tired?

How did they come up with a cure for paralysis in Pokemon?

How do we know what level a pokemon is and what moves it knows?

How does Travis Touchdown in No More Heroes not get caught by the police, when he is clearly well known?

How do save points appear?

Where do all the duelists in the Pokemon Trading Card Game get all their booster packs? (which they hand you upon their loss)

Where do all the blocks in Tetris go after you clear lines?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Rydian said:
Hells Malice said:
sudeki300 said:
how come in most rpg's you can go running through people's houses looking thorugh their cupboards and chests stealing stuff and they just stand there and smile then still answer your question as you have just robbed them blind.............................sudeki300

Haha I know, that always bothered me. It's so unrealistic, yet every RPG does it.
Most people would be crapping their pants if some dude with insane looking equips and his huge party randomly wandered into their house to look for valuable stuff.
Link's Awakening makes fun of that. X3

same with the Bard's tale(2005)
smile.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do the air-exposed lava pits In Bowser's castles never crust over?

Kirby has a 100% efficient digestive system?

Hedgehogs wearing shoes? The fuck?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon. The entire concept. Allowing ten year olds to run around with dragons as their slaves, battling evil gangs and earning obscene ammounts of money from beating other people's slaves. Think about it. You beat a little girl's pet to within an inch of its life, and then have the indecency to take her pocket money. What kind of ten year old carries around thousands of whatever the currency of the realm is, giving it to people that beat up their slave du jour. Where the hell are the parents during all this? Watching Jeremy Kyle? Then consider Team Rocket. How many times are they going to try to steal Pikachu before they finally twig that no matter how powerful he is, it's not really worth the hassle? Why can Jessie's hair defy gravity? Why do Rocket Grunts have the crappest possible pokemon? Seriously, give a few of them Charizards and you're laughing, Giovanni would be Emperor of the fucking universe by now.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this thread, and I have to say it is very amusing.

But here is the reason for not doing something special for rebounding health. If it was realistic, you have to make your character sleep, eat, shit, piss, wipe his/her ass/vag. If you fail to wipe you get an infection. Then you need to use medicine and so on. You get the idea. It's like MGS3. You break and arm and you have to do 5 things to fix your arm. Kinda pointless if you ask me. That goes for the rebounding health meter.

The War FPS I guess can pull that off, but I bet most people would be pissed that they have to stop, get a Med to come over, go into some Operation screen ala Trauma Center to pull the bullet out. Then you need to have some one protecting you and so on.

If you want realism, how about a 1 shot your dead FPS? That is as realistic as it gets. In war, you don't get shot and keep going.

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact people can fire a desert eagle repeatedly in video games.

The fact that in counter-strike: source a HE grenade can stop some one from moving forward if you throw it at their chest.

I know the evokers in Persona 3 is suppose to trigger shock so the persona comes out but if you freaking shoot your head a thousand times won't your body realize that I won't die?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...