• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Submarine Titan sinking

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you all heard about the missing tourist submarine?

Its passengers were going to visit the Titanic sunk hull... for the cheap price of only 250 000$
I've seen lots of meme about the submarine being controlled by a video game controller. I didnt take it seriously, but now I went to check and...
It's just a modified logitech controller...

So yea, right now, I am laughing at them.
If they d*e, I would be laughing even more.

Billionaires who spends that kind of money for such stuff instead of helping the poor or just giving a decent wage to their employee...
No sympathy for them...
And now, I see this kind of thing, I laugh even more...

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you all heard about the missing tourist submarine?

Its passengers were going to visit the Titanic sunk hull... for the cheap price of only 250 000$
I've seen lots of meme about the submarine being controlled by a video game controller. I didnt take it seriously, but now I went to check and...
It's just a modified logitech controller...

So yea, right now, I am laughing at them.
If they d*e, I would be laughing even more.

Billionaires who spends that kind of money for such stuff instead of helping the poor or just giving a decent wage to their employee...
No sympathy for them...
And now, I see this kind of thing, I laugh even more...
The controller is more common of a thing than you think. Game controllers are often used in military applications and even submarines like this. Probably should have used something more reliable than a cheap logitech one though.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is pretty sickening watching all these billionaires putting other people in danger just so they can go pretend they're a great explorer/astronaut/mountain climber/etc for a day. If there weren't other people on board, nothing of value would have been lost.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The controller is more common of a thing than you think. Game controllers are often used in military applications and even submarines like this. Probably should have used something more reliable than a cheap logitech one though.
I mean, I know that these kind of controllers are used in such application
But that's what i meant, that they shouldn't have used a 40$ controller ;)
Post automatically merged:

Mabe it's got "stick drift" because it doesn't use hall sensors and they are going around in circles....
JOYSTICK DRIFT XD XD XD XD
Now, sorry for being rude but I HOPE THEY D*E
Because if they do, the investigation of what caused the problem won't be led privately by the submarine company but by authorities, and if that happens, i really hope the conclusion is announced in worldwide news
"BREAKING NEWS : THE TITAN SUBMARINE SUNK DUE TO A JOYSTICK DRIFT!"

• Haha
Reactions: mrdude

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the controller was as much an issue as the fact that the submersible could realistically only reach depths of about 1300 meters before being crushed. That's about a fourth of the 4000 meters its claimed to be able to reach in advertisements. Dipshit billionaire refused to spend a fraction of a fraction of his wealth more to keep himself alive. A case of literally being killed by greed.

8sm4txe5o87b1.jpg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If that sub has a "black box", that would be quite interesting and depressing to listen to.
Likely that the sub lost integrity or oxygen in the blink of an eye, and they were dead before they could process what was happening. The pressure at those depths will crush human bones as easily as you crush up a cracker into soup.

Reactions: Hanafuda

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When I heard about the incident, I thought "Wow, that sucks". Then when I heard that it was a quarter of a million dollars per person to go, I honestly felt a little less bad. If they don't survive, I won't be jumping for joy. I just won't care as much.

I know that makes me look horrible and petty, but it's just how I honestly feel.

Reactions: Mike_77712 and Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likely that the sub lost integrity or oxygen in the blink of an eye, and they were dead before they could process what was happening. The pressure at those depths will crush human bones as easily as you crush up a cracker into soup.
Looking at what the inside of the sub looks like, that seems like a better way to go than to run out of oxygen in that cramped sub.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Looking at what the inside of the sub looks like, that seems like a better way to go than to run out of oxygen in that cramped sub.
Running out of oxygen isn't actually a bad way to go, IF you don't know you're running out of oxygen. You'll just suddenly feel faint, pass out, and never wake up.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running out of oxygen isn't actually a bad way to go, IF you don't know you're running out of oxygen. You'll just suddenly feel faint, pass out, and never wake up.
I meant more the stuck in a tiny ass sub, with 4 other people for days, miserable knowing you're fucked.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I meant more the stuck in a tiny ass sub, with 4 other people for days, miserable knowing you're fucked.
And since that trip wasnt meant to last several days, i dont think theres lot of food there
Now he shall know what the poors feel daily

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I wonder if they have had a fight yet? because no doubt someone has farted or done a shit by now and annoyed the rest of them. Still I do hope they are found and are rescued and we'll be able to see how they got on together with the stress they are bound to be feeling.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if they have had a fight yet? because no doubt someone has farted or done a shit by now and annoyed the rest of them. Still I do hope they are found and are rescued and we'll be able to see how they got on together with the stress they are bound to be feeling.
No need for them to be alive, blackbox in good shape will be enough :)

Reactions: Mike_77712

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're sick dude, seek help.
Dude spent 250k$ on a trip where he had to sign a discharge where it was stated at least trice that there were risks of death
The submarine is piloted by a 40$ logitech controller
Sorry but not sorry, i have no sympathy right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright