Submitting news about your indie game releases

zledas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hello all, I am new here and this might be some guide or rules that I missed, but I'll just ask it here: is it allowed to submit news about your own game? I mean, if we're doing press release, etc, would it be allowed and people here be interested if it would post it to User-Submitter News as well?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello all, I am new here and this might be some guide or rules that I missed, but I'll just ask it here: is it allowed to submit news about your own game? I mean, if we're doing press release, etc, would it be allowed and people here be interested if it would post it to User-Submitter News as well?
Look here: https://gbatemp.net/forums/user-submitted-news.156/

All your questions might be solved by Chary's Thread.

zledas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
All your questions might be solved by Chary's Thread.
Hey, thanks. I read "User-Submitted News post guide", but found nothing about news that can be treated as "self promotion", that is why I asked here (or did I miss something else there?).

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the kind of thing that generally appears to be fine for folks active on the forum, but you might be shunned for posting about it right after signing up. Comes across as you just wanting to use the site for promo and disappear back into the void.

That's by no means a official word though, maybe a mod will be able to better assist.

Reactions: Ryccardo

zledas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
It's the kind of thing that generally appears to be fine for folks active on the forum, but you might be shunned for posting about it right after signing up. Comes across as you just wanting to use the site for promo and disappear back into the void.

That's by no means a official word though, maybe a mod will be able to better assist.
Thanks for the answer. I was thinking similarly so I might just keep it to myself and not post about it :) But mods opinion would be interesting as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol