Hacking Successfully added corrupt Mii to WiiU

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I customized the mii (through XML on my Mac) there was a option to force favorite, I set that to false... I wonder what would happen if I set it to true..? Ill get back to you on that here... Im going to go test it on Nintendoland if I can get it a Favorite.

You can't force favorite a mii, the favorites are handled by the console. Only Special (gold), copies (blue), and normal (black) can be forced. And I think the 3DS/WiiU has something against gold (3ds does, I'm not 100% sure about WiiU).

One thing I must point out is that NO ONE SHOULD UPLOAD/USE THIS MII IN MIIVERSE!
'Where's the Mii file? I would like to have it as I currently am not using something with flash support (for My Avatar Editor).

And I wouldn't worry about keeping this super secret. I doubt this can be used to hack the WiiU, and if it actually works for the Wii Mini (doubt), then it's cool, because Nintendo can't update the current Wii Mini's and I doubt they'll bother to fix the next ones (since it's not the best product, it's a generation old, they've already kinda given up, etc).

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
is the value 0x00000000 used as an text ending-termination, too?
sorry if it sounds dumb.. but what if someone edits the name using a hex editor or something and puts the value 0x00000000 as the first letter for the mii's name and some asm code right behind it? the asm code could maybe go out off boarders and the wii u could execute it and we could get some useful information

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ts has not been on here since approx. 7/2013 when I dug this up earlier to post on ubrew thread. The picture with Miimaker was a big tip to me. Not confirmed...yet, lol.

Minecraftlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, I haven't tried this yet, But there is a easier way to get this to work. (To get the mii name)
First, after you homebrew your vWii and get Mii Installer, Go to http://www.miisearch.com/mii-creator.html
Make your mii how you like it if you want to.
Second go to "Save" and "XML". Go to mii name (Highlighted in red)
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/xml/avatar.xsl" ?>
<!DOCTYPE avatar-collection SYSTEM "/xml/avatar.dtd" >
<Avatar xmlns="http://www.myavatareditor.com/xml/avatar/1">
<id>80807F5F</id>
<clientID>C2428998</clientID>
<name>*NAMEOFMII*</name>
<creatorName>Test</creatorName>
<birthDay>*HIDDEN*</birthDay>
<birthMonth>*HIDDEN*</birthMonth>
<gender>0</gender>
<mingles>1</mingles>
<Beard>
<type>0</type>
<color>0</color>
</Beard>
<Body>
<height>127</height>
<weight>34</weight>
</Body>
<Eye>
<type>2</type>
<color>0</color>
<x>2</x>
<y>12</y>
<size>4</size>
<rotation>4</rotation>
</Eye>
<Eyebrow>
<type>6</type>
<color>1</color>
<x>2</x>
<y>12</y>
<size>4</size>
<rotation>6</rotation>
</Eyebrow>
<Face>
<type>0</type>
</Face>
<Glasses>
<type>0</type>
<color>0</color>
<y>10</y>
<size>4</size>
</Glasses>
<Hair>
<type>33</type>
<color>1</color>
<part>0</part>
</Hair>
<Head>
<type>0</type>
</Head>
<Mole>
<type>0</type>
<x>2</x>
<y>20</y>
<size>4</size>
</Mole>
<Mouth>
<type>22</type>
<color>0</color>
<y>13</y>
<size>4</size>
</Mouth>
<Mustache>
<type>0</type>
<y>10</y>
<size>4</size>
</Mustache>
<Nose>
<type>1</type>
<y>9</y>
<size>4</size>
</Nose>
<Shirt>
<color>3</color>
</Shirt>
<Skin>
<color>0</color>
</Skin>
</Avatar>
Then go Back, and go to save. Save in the folder "miis" on the root of your SD Card. Put your SD Card in Wii U and fire up The Homebrew Channel. Go to Mii Installer. Then Install the mii and it is done. Simple as that.

Reactions: Margen67

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
i have tried that. but i didnt edit the xml file. instead, i edited the raw mii file with a hex editor. as mentioned before, the newer firmware recognizes invalid mii data and sets the new mii's data to the defaults (or the name's data to the defaults. dont remember).
For example using an additional character won't work anymore. same with word wraps (0x0a), tab spaces (0x09) and so on.

Minecraftlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
To be honest, If you have a mii 11 characters or more. You could Do the normal vWii to Wii U thing for the mii on the Wii U. Then go to Mii creator, send and receive, and go on 3DS/2DS/3DS XL. Then just go on your 3DS and recieve the mii!

Reactions: Margen67

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wondered if this ever went anywhere? It could be very useful to have a new entry point now that the Wii U browser has been patched on 5.5.2 (It would also be great if it could work on the Wii Mini as well)

Last edited by Razor83,
D

Deleted User

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wondered if this ever went anywhere? It could be very useful to have a new entry point now that the Wii U browser has been patched on 5.5.2 (It would also be great if it could work on the Wii Mini as well)
2014. No.
You could try shoving a bit of .mp4 exploit into Mii and see if it even executes.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Access the Wii remote how? This is the first I've heard of this.

Saves are stored to the console.

How do you plan to run it form USB when games don't load data off of USB and there's no file browser on the Wii?

Internet - you need a MAC address for Letterbomb/Wilbrand.
OH yah. I forgot. You can transfer mii's between wii's via the wiiremote. Another pointless feature by Nintendo. But the vwii version has this feature removed...

Last edited by ,

Omiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH yah. I forgot. You can transfer mii's between wii's via the wiiremote. Another pointless feature by Nintendo. But the vwii version has this feature removed...
If I remember correctly, you can also transfer names (for setting special controls) between Wii's through Wii remotes on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Another "pointless" thing ... Could this fact be of use?

D

Deleted User

If I remember correctly, you can also transfer names (for setting special controls) between Wii's through Wii remotes on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Another "pointless" thing ... Could this fact be of use?
No, as there would be no way to access that data in wiiu mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P