Bricked WIIU

JJSix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long time lurker 1st time posting.

Thought i'd dust of the ol' WIIU the other day but to my dismay it didn't want to work. Upon booting it up, it instead hangs at the white screen and WIIU logo. Same for the gamepad, but with added music, on loop.

I still have the SD card (which I can browse and see I was using Mocha as my CFW) so I know the card is working ok. I also have the external drive I was using to load my 'backed up games' from and that sounds like it's reading fine. But yeah, white screen + big fat WIIU logo slap bang in the middle of it.

I've scoured this forum and elsewhere to see if there was a solution out there for me. And so as not to just post a 'WIIU BROKED WHAT WRONG!!!!" thread (well not immediately anyway).
I found a few suggestions but none that worked for me. I'll list'em.

Leave the console on for a while. > Left it running over night, no joy.
Unplug everything for a minute and a bit, and then just connect the HDMI & Power cables and power on from the front of the console. > Nope
Hold down 'B' button to launch vWii > Tried that using both the game pad and a paired controller. Tried holding them as I powerd on & also just as the WIIU logo appears. Nothing.
Hold down "Y, X, B, A" all at the same time. Nada.
Hold down each button separately. Nein.
Move the paired game pad faaaaaaaaar from the console and power on. > Took it outside in the end, just to be sure. Result was a slightly chily gamepad.
Boot without SD card. > :(
Change the thingy battery at the side of the console > :( :(

Think that's everything.

The WIIU was working when I packed it away many years ago. Reckon it was used last around, 2018? The date of Mocha being written to the SD card said 2016 so I would have been using it for a while after that.
I can't remember if I used Indexline or the online exploit though. Sorry. Is there a way to tell?

I don't have the nand back up. Well I may have it somewhere on a dusty old HDD but I can't find it. That sounds like it's a pain in the ass to do anyway so I most likely wouldn't bother trying.

The only other possible solution I read about was trying the UDPIH USB Host exploit. I can pick up a Raspberry Pi Pico for around £15 if anyone thinks it's worth a shot?

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to be thorough.

Thanks for reading. :)
Post automatically merged:

Whoops, leff off the '?' from the thread title. Dummy.

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's weird I have the exact same problem that you are having and I have last played my wiiu in a couple of month
last time it was working fine and now I am stuck at that Wii U logo screen
Did you find any solution to this problem
I don't think it cn have been broke by just staying plugged sit on the shelf for 3-4 months
Maybe it try to load the different files for the differents games but it cannot and it is stuck in a loop looking for them
any idea

fadafwet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you I will give it a try
right now I have issue to display the menu
I'm looking for a solution to this so I can try to fix the brick issue

JJSix were you able to fix your problem ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.