Homebrew Suggestion SugarBombEngine Nintendo Switch Port (Fallout 3/NV)

Which Fallout do you prefer?

• Total voters

Alosho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have come across a project https://github.com/BlackPhrase/SugarBombEngine that is porting the GameBryo enginge (for fallout 3 and NV) to linux. It seems the developer has been making steady progress and is hoping to implement different features like online play. I think it could be possible to compile the code for ARMV so that we can have a switch port, but I'm not sure if there has been enough progress for it to work right now. If we manage to compile this implementation we could be able to play Fallout 3/NV on the nintendo switch.

I am not sure if this port will only work in linux machines with the x86 architecture (making a switch port unlikely), but I think that if someone that has experience with these types of projects can take a look at it we could get to know more about what can be done for the switch.

This is the post from the developer on the moddb website https://www.moddb.com/engines/sugarbombengine

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Whatever this engine is, it is far from being in anywhere near a playable state - just by going off of the last post in the main page still using Morrowind assets and broken lighting.

Maybe try asking again in a couple years when it works - and when OpenMW actually performs well enough to handle anything more complex like the 7th gen Fallouts.

faithvoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
virtual.dimensionless.space
XP
Country
Canada
Whatever this engine is, it is far from being in anywhere near a playable state - just by going off of the last post in the main page still using Morrowind assets and broken lighting.

Maybe try asking again in a couple years when it works - and when OpenMW actually performs well enough to handle anything more complex like the 7th gen Fallouts.

Agreed. Our best hope at an unofficial F3/NV port would probably come faster with OpenMW than this at the moment. Also, even though there are idTech4 and OpenMW engine ports on the Switch already, compiling SugarBombEngine for the Switch seems like an absolute nightmare, lmao.

logandzwon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played Morrowind. I wouldn't mind an updated version of it! Obviously New Vegas is the best one though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 you have a series S don't you? Any complaints or issues?