Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
P-CHYLD said:
Pray to God!
He will answer all your prayers and fix all your problems.
I know from experience.
As a Catholic (albeit, no longer practicing), please don't.

Can I ask how old you are? It's very natural for a teens to feel depressed. You go through a lot of changes in your life and sometimes you'll find it hard to cope, but trust me, in time, it will pass. That's not to say you should sit on your ass waiting for something to happen.

Stick with your friends and you'll be okay. I know that's so easy to say, but like DemonBart said, that shit works like a charm. If you're finding it difficult to make friends, start caring about yourself first. Get a haircut. Get some new clothes. Get your ear pierced. Whatever. These all seem like such easy tasks until you actually go out and do them, so take it slowly. Once you start to care for yourself, you'll find people will start to care about you in return.

Chances are, if your anything like a lot of people here, this is all going over your head. But I still tell people this because at least it's at the back of their minds so that one day when they notice things are starting to get even the tiniest bit better, they'll feel a tremendous amount more confident.

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i guess im on the same boat as you...

personally i just think that better days will come by

go outside, hang out with your friends

you need them more than you think

confide in someone you know you can trust.. they will listen and help

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
Narayan said:
why suddenly a more and more tempers are depressed?
Most of them are younger teens, I imagine. Don't worry guys, its just a phase. You'll grow out of it.
I wouldn't dismiss suicidal thoughts so lightly.

@Agjsdfd: If you're having those kinds of feelings you need to tell people you know personally.

SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually felt like this about a year back and posted it on this very site :S. If things feel like they're going badly, one thing to do is just dismiss them. Just tell yourself "You know what? Fuck that." Even if it's school or something, you need a break. A lot of people don't understand it, but us teens really need time off.
If the things you'd normally worry about and try and find a solution for aren't working out, lay it off for a while. Seriously, getting nagged about it is better than stressing over it and feeling hopeless.

Not a week goes by I don't imagine what life would be like if I wasn't there. Try and find something new and exciting to do. I found that a result of my feelings was the lack of excitement. There was never anything new and it really made me bored and sad.

But cheer up! Summer is almost here. The day after I stood near a bridge contemplating to jump or not, the prettiest girl that I never had the courage to talk to at school added me on Facebook. Over the summer and the past year, she's become my best friend and inspired me to do so many things to occupy myself. I've now dropped the stressful program at my school, started to take the courses I'm actually interested in and started a band with her and a few friends.

Sorry for the small rant at the end there. I hope things turn around for you.

And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You must rely on yourself, not on others. Maybe at most, get in touch with your family, and if not, there´s someone ready to hear you (and not necessarily a psychologist).

I get the feeling you´ve put too much into something you´re not living anymore, like a relationship.

Once I went to a psychologist, she told me this:

"Hey, i´ve had a lot of cases of someone who can´t live his/her life happily, but rather give this happiness to someone else (referring to sentimental matters)"

And its true. Will you let someone take apart the best from you?

Sincerely I had also thoughts of this, about suicide, but then I realize I´m just wrong. Just awake from that shit. Look at your surroundings, how many people are happy because you just say "hi!"? I bet there´s more than one.

Be a man, a strong one. Suicide is not a choice, because:

1. If you don´t die in the process you might severely injured, even to require help your whole life. Is that what you want? No

2. When you grow? When you realize you don´t want to suffer anymore, and take the heaviest way, confronting the life and being happy learning from stuff in the process.

3. Support, be supportive with yourself. Perhaps these words don´t move you too much, but a little "hey good morning, I love you, and what´s next today??" thought is better.

4. Keep your mind distracted. Dont worry, we can always "be a lifeless here" in GBATemp.

Take care, and.. don´t focus on shit, focus on something better.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys.
The fact is, I have been like this for too long. All I cared about was my ex, did not wanted to give her the chance to think that I am not their for her. Even when I was with her, I wasn't quite mentality stable because of the things that was going on..
At the end she left and said I was only obsessed with her! At times I felt annoyed that I had to be around her in a way or other most of my time, but I never let her realise that or let her down..

Now I am here and she thinks of me as a freak. She keeps on generalising things saying 'people break up, not a big deal. Not every couple love each other.' things like that.

The start of my problem is her, but she forcefully says she is not part of anything related to me..

I am 19 by the way.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can see where your coming from, Girls are a rather large part of depression in guys... you know what i mean, you just have to realise that there WILL be someone else that will because VERY important to you, it could be a friend, it could be a girl, could be a parent. but it takes something that drops you to the lowest low of your life for you to find that little bit of light that makes you happy.

and trust me, you will find it, and things WILL get better, you just need to hang in there man.
Dont give up the gift of life over SOME GIRL that your not going to need/want over some time, its just not worth it.

I wish you the best bro, and im sure you will feel better in no time

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like most of your problem is stemming from your ex. The first thing you have to know is that It just wasn't meant to be. The worst thing you can do to yourself is keep beating yourself up over It in your head thinking things like, "What could I have done to make her leave", "She was the one how can I get her back". If you think like this It will become an obsession and you will play out fantasy's in your head for years and torment yourself. To me, that is even worse then suicide. The best thing for you to do is either tell her personally or in an email or letter all your feelings and what you have to say and maybe even goodbye If you can. It will be hard but your time here on Earth is for experiences that are not possible in a spiritual body. Hang in there buddy.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
outgum said:
I can see where your coming from, Girls are a rather large part of depression in guys... you know what i mean, you just have to realise that there WILL be someone else that will because VERY important to you, it could be a friend, it could be a girl, could be a parent. but it takes something that drops you to the lowest low of your life for you to find that little bit of light that makes you happy.

and trust me, you will find it, and things WILL get better, you just need to hang in there man.
Dont give up the gift of life over SOME GIRL that your not going to need/want over some time, its just not worth it.

I wish you the best bro, and im sure you will feel better in no time

Thanks man. Even if I tell myself that its done, just want to move on, there is this little tiny bubble in my head that indicates that I dont really believe it. But then it contridicts with my thoughts thats its really over...

QUOTE(ZeroDeception @ Mar 23 2011, 10:47 AM) Looks like most of your problem is stemming from your ex. The first thing you have to know is that It just wasn't meant to be. The worst thing you can do to yourself is keep beating yourself up over It in your head thinking things like, "What could I have done to make her leave", "She was the one how can I get her back". If you think like this It will become an obsession and you will play out fantasy's in your head for years and torment yourself. To me, that is even worse then suicide. The best thing for you to do is either tell her personally or in an email or letter all your feelings and what you have to say and maybe even goodbye If you can. It will be hard but your time here on Earth is for experiences that are not possible in a spiritual body. Hang in there buddy.
I already told her several times. Even though I shoudnt appologise, I have appologised to her on several occations.
She thinks she is a "love guru", understands how other people feel more than those people themselves...

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Stop with the ex. Hang out with your friends a lot, wait for a few months, then look for someone new.

Also, try movies. My fave cheer-up tool. (just make sure you don't watch one that will make you feel worse like... Titanic or Requiem for a Dream, light comedies and animation is the way to go)

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying movies and games
smile.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do something better.

Like I do when I have such problems.

1. Get out of your house.

2. Listen good music while you walk.

3. Eat something, like a snack, and feel you´re free, and you deserve to.

4. When you´re tired of walking go back and play a lot of videogames xD.

5. Good music helps also

6.??

7. Profit

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I guess the best thing to do is find something your extremely passionate about? Try new things, make it your GOAL to do 1 thing new a day, and then find something you really like... like a hobby? When i broke up with my first girlfriend, I confided in pokemon lol, And now i am the pokemon champion... in my own mind anyways.

But look, when our doing something you like, everyone knows time goes freaking fast, like when you pick up that cool new game that just came out, and you sit down to play it and then you look at the clock your like WAH!? 5am?.... meh, It worked for me and now im living with my new girlfriend and shes amazing, If you dont keep up with life you just get dragged along, and the longer you get dragged, it creates a snowball effect on your life, one bad thing just happens after another.

I know its alot harder to do than it is to just listen and do it, it really is, i mean obviously you've got to WANT to move on. Its like.... those people who have addictions, they have to admit they have one before they can do anything about it. Once you realise you WANT to be happy, and you WANT to move it, You'll feel it, and things WILL change. And you will feel like you have a new life and be reborn again.... Dramatic, I know, I get really into emotions and feelings with people because I have a knack for understanding and really want to help you.

But yes, I think you should make it a goal to try something new each day,
It could even include stuff like... A new food? A New store you've looked at everyday and never gone in? Read a book? Try a new video game, Bake something? Try your talents at new things, Can you cook? try Bake?

Theres a whole WORLD of things for you to do. And im POSITIVE you will find something

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Agjsdfd said:
You wrote music twice
smile.gif
Define good music.. The type of songs I listen to makes me feel worse really.,

Well you can start by skipping the kind of music which makes you feel bad. You may start with videogame music, or a favorite band, as myself I love dream theater (rip for now) but how do they put feelings in their songs, it`s exquisite!

Also any kind of songs that remember your "dearly", no excuses. Send them (&%"· out.

And, if you love something (in my case, computer hardware/development) then what the /(/% are you waiting for, besides, that SURE will help you to distract that tired mind of yours, and eventually let yourself be better and re-start your life.

And like I read before :

"Pain`s your friend, and you must befriend with it, because when it vanishes you`ll notice how much you`ve grown"

=)

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks
smile.gif
I had doctors appointment on thursday, spoke about all that, well he suggests that I talk to people about it freely and sports.
I have been given sleeping pills a while back, and that just continues..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1