Enkuler

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
proxy-image

Near, known for developping bsnes and higan, both well-known accurate emulators, has commited suicide after suffering online harassment for a long time from KiwiFarms.
Or rather as the article in the source says, was killed by KiwiFarms.

Please remember people, online harassment has real life consequences.
Take care of your loved ones.

:arrow: Source: Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/marcan42/status/1409176583433179137

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Damn. That's fucked up. From what I can tell (or read online) the guy was a good person and very smart as well.

If anything, the internet must be used as a tool, and that's it. Everything else is Real Life. Also train Martial Arts, learn self defense, so you can control better over yourself, emotions and overall relationships in general.

May he R.I.P

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
From what I just read, Near was an outstanding person. KiwiFarms should be completely and utterly obliterated (whether it be by brute force or regulation.) I hate seeing good people die every day because of asses like them.

R.I.P. Near. May your soul find grace in heaven where it belongs.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
byuu was a name I've always heard for a long time. They were responsible for making me able to play Dragon Quest V when I was a teenager, something that ended up being one of my most cherished gaming memories of that era.

Near was an inspiration for the emulation community and the romhacking scene and it's such a pity that they are now gone because of harrassment from people who don't know love.
I wish something could be done so people would know absolutely nobody benefits from this. Hate only breeds more hate. And this hate was so prevalent and loud, albeit not absolute, that we've lost one we love.

This is such a tragedy. I hope they rest in peace and that their legacy, as well as their gigantic contribution to the whole emulation scene is not soonly lost to time.

All they wanted with their work was to make people happy. It makes no sense that people see it fit to destroy one because of this. It doesn't. It never will.

Last edited by YukidaruPunch,

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The internet becomes bad with this kind of persons,they love hate with no reason. If you see some toxic community forum with this kind of bad behavior my advice stay away from those people. They better deserve to get forgotten to oblivion and go to the jail for the rest of their lifes. My condolences with the dev byuu and their family.

Reactions: otakuloser

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This hurts me to the core...

This is an open invite: If you're ever going through some serious shit, I'm an open ear either on here, or on Discord. Jayro#0783
Reach out if you need someone to talk to. We'd rather have you around. :wub:

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I didn't knew him, but this felt bad for me, really.
I'm hardcore SNES player and hardcore Higan user. That's the best experience so far outside the real thing. Even better than expansive FPGA solutions IMO.
You have prep job to run the games, maybe this keeps this emulator to be popular, but worth it.
The guy who made this job is (was) a genius, a legend.

The predators and bullies took one more man's life, and emulation is now crippled without his skills.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The real question of all this tragedy what will happen with near legacy community emulation? I hope nintendont doesnt steal their emulators because the author of those emulators its died :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto