Super Mario Bros. Wonder is a new 2D Mario game

Mario returns to his 2D roots, but not in the New Super style we've gotten accustomed to. Super Mario Bros. Wonder has all sorts of things going on. Every time you touch a Wonder flower, things get trippy and the level design changes. There's old enemies and new, with playable Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, and Daisy. Yoshi is there too. There's new power ups, and all sorts of different mechanics that we've never seen in a 2D Mario game before. Mario also can turn into an elephant as well, with another new power up. Super Mario Bros. Wonder launches October 20th.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not what we're accustomed to, these games have always been 2.5D games with pre rendered 3D sprites, but this is more like paper Mario but using New Super Mario sprites.

The "wonder" i wonder if this means I wonder why people keep buying this recycled crap, its exactly the same crap over and over but we add one little change, rather than stars lets make it some BS seed looking thing.

Other than that, it's still the same recycled crap, why can't nintendo ever come up with something new. It's beloved fanboys are brainwashed just because millions love a character, they'll laugh and keep recycling knowing the fans will buy it.

I dont get how they dont find it boring by now, like we all loved crash bandicoot and spyro, but that time comes where we have to say enough is enough as recycling the same shit over and over gets fucking boring.

Well, craptivision jumped onto the "remake" bandwagon and knowing too well that fans would love to see crash and spyro brought back and so that they did, but if they keep crapping out the same recycled crash games on every console, it would get boring.

But because it is a nintendo character, the sheep flood to buy it.

Just think tho, the stupid price to buy a switch when its games can and do run better on your mobile phone. Its a joke.... nintendo are a joke.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Not what we're accustomed to, these games have always been 2.5D games with pre rendered 3D sprites, but this is more like paper Mario but using New Super Mario sprites.

The "wonder" i wonder if this means I wonder why people keep buying this recycled crap, its exactly the same crap over and over but we add one little change, rather than stars lets make it some BS seed looking thing.

Other than that, it's still the same recycled crap, why can't nintendo ever come up with something new. It's beloved fanboys are brainwashed just because millions love a character, they'll laugh and keep recycling knowing the fans will buy it.

I dont get how they dont find it boring by now, like we all loved crash bandicoot and spyro, but that time comes where we have to say enough is enough as recycling the same shit over and over gets fucking boring.

Well, craptivision jumped onto the "remake" bandwagon and knowing too well that fans would love to see crash and spyro brought back and so that they did, but if they keep crapping out the same recycled crash games on every console, it would get boring.

But because it is a nintendo character, the sheep flood to buy it.

Just think tho, the stupid price to buy a switch when its games can and do run better on your mobile phone. Its a joke.... nintendo are a joke.

“STOP LIKING WHAT I DON’T LIKE!”

I get having opinions, but this just reads like you have this copied and pasted somewhere ready to go every time they announce a new game.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder? They should called it Wacky! That's actually what happens when you consumed magic mushroom, except in Mario's World it changes size.

They should turned Mario into Wario during those wacky modes.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
“STOP LIKING WHAT I DON’T LIKE!”

I get having opinions, but this just reads like you have this copied and pasted somewhere ready to go every time they announce a new game.
The game is releasing with Spider Man 2 after all so there's that. I'll get my popcorn ready once the release date comes.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It basically looks like a lazy NSMB update with a few new gimmicks & power ups. Nothing to write home about. Another low-effort game.

Just because they ditched the "New" in the title doesn't mean it's that different. Watching that trailer it might as well be called "New Super Mario Bros Switch" as far as I'm concerned.

I mean come on, they didn't even bother creating an actual new visual style or anything. The assets look ripped straight from NSMBU and slightly updated.

It will probably still be a fun little game but that's it.

I'm quite baffled at the general enthusiasm here. It shows how low standards have gone and how Nintendo still seems to be able to get away with laziness and resting on their laurels.
almost took the bait, lmfao

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not big on your cynicism, but I will agree with that. A new IP is what I want to see from Nintendo most.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They made Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 that was nice... We get Mario Odyssey 1 then this after 6 years why no new 3d Mario game? I mean Bowser's Fury was not a new game it was like a DLC for the cat Mario as a spinoff for Mario 3d World???. Anyone notice the refrence's to other games like cuphead, the ori games and hollow night very creative nintendo???It's a wonder for sure LOL cause the big N be wondring if it's going to sell!!! But i'll still play it cause i like mario games... Offtopic looks more like a fangame using UnReal mechanics that would get shut down cough cough :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: Ligeia

Kevbo

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They made Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 that was nice... We get Mario Odyssey 1 then this after 6 years why no new 3d Mario game?
The only reason Galaxy 2 Exists is because when they were working on a DLC for Galaxy 1 they wanted to pack in so much stuff they just made a whole brand new game. Besides Nintendo was busy working on TOTK. Its too late in the generation to announce a brand new 3D Mario title. 2 Zeldas, 1 3D Mario. Just like N64 and Gamecube.

Reactions: gisel213

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is that wanna-be Nabbit running away from Peach? Bro thinks he's Nabbit from NSMBU :rofl:
Post automatically merged:

And the award for worst take on GBATemp goes to:
Mario should just retire as platformer. We have too many indie platformer now that 2D Mario hardly neccessary anymore.

Last edited by DuoForce,

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like another New Super Mario Bro's rehash w/ some extra bells and whistles on top just so Nintendo can rave a/b how innovative they are 🙄😒... Although, I'm probably still gonna play it anyway, lol 😂

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone