Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Confirmed NOT working trying to take the chip out , after the game boot screen

Tried with WIIKEY and WIIFREE

French language also didnt work (when you are desesperate you try the stupiest things lol)

[]'s

Pacote

monnick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this Mario galaxy release wont work on a modded D2B Wii? Is this maybe only because this is the demo disc from Nintendo, or will the 'real' disc have this protection too?

And if this is a real new protection method of Nintendo what could the hackers / wiikey team do against this?

ps. And how about the PAl version, will this work?

monnick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this Mario galaxy release wont work on a modded D2B Wii? Is this maybe only because this is the demo disc from Nintendo, or will the 'real' disc have this protection too?

And if this is a real new protection method of Nintendo what could the hackers / wiikey team do against this?

ps. And how about the PAl version, will this work?

EDIT: Sorry, repost...Guess the SQL database cant handle this many ppl on the site...
wink2.gif

flash70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
OK, I've been monitoring threads about this release for all day and on different sites. From the information I gathered so far, this is what I think happened:

1. Nintendo added to the original disc a hidden "flag" or some other unique way of recognizing it. This "flag" is not dumped and burnt to the copies.

2. The original disc contains a system update that adds the ability to recognize that special "flag". This way, the updated console can distinguish the original from copies.

3. The disc is configured NOT TO WORK without the update being installed on the running console (just like Metroid). This explains why brickblocked ISOs cannot work either.

The original uploader of this image confirmed that the original disc WORKED on a modded Wii (after applying the update), but the burnt copy did not.
This suggests that the system update is not using chip detection, it just finds a new way to detect copies over originals even in modded consoles.

Anyway, the modded console with the new update, can still run older game copies. So this protection method is (for now) exclusive for this title.

Seems like we need the chip manufacturers here, they need to bypass the new detection method.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. Thats gotta be it. except for the fatal flaw.

what about D2C chips with D2Ckey workin?

Flaw.

so, what your saying is.. Metroid Prime 3 doesnt workif you brick block it? however, its a slight update, not a true FW update. is that it?

(oh, and i think the MP3 update is to be able to recignise other games saves for bumper stickers.)

does that mean some people have the SMG bumper sticker!

happy.gif

flash70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yup. Thats gotta be it. except for the fatal flaw.

what about D2C chips with D2Ckey workin?

Flaw.

so, what your saying is.. Metroid Prime 3 doesnt workif you brick block it? however, its a slight update, not a true FW update. is that it?

(oh, and i think the MP3 update is to be able to recignise other games saves for bumper stickers.)

does that mean some people have the SMG bumper sticker!

happy.gif

Yes, Metroid Prime 3 does not work if you brickblock it and try to run it on a console that hasn't been updated. If you updated the console before, the brickblocked copy WILL work. It has been confirmed in many posts.

About the D2C - The d2ckey is a new chip and it probably uses a different method of tricking the console. My guess is, since the chip is very new, the people from Nintendo who designed the new protection method didn't have the chance to study it and understand the way it works.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol @ Seraph and others getting J'PWND in a big way, lmfao!
wink2.gif
I already said I believed people can obtain the disc. But notice what I was going on about and what everyone else was going on about. I don't think you can justify his logic of people dumping things when they're are a lot games that only come from scene releases. I don't think I ever stated that I wanted him to dump the game once or wanted proof that he had the game.(like I do when I know they are lying) Instead, he decides to be a dick and says "Fuck you!"

The only thing I was attacking him on was a stupid comment he made, which apparently he wasn't thinking of doing, which was saying he shouldn't feel that way if he's doing the exact same thing. Seriously, does what I said look that bad compared to what the 10 pages or so said when I came back the next night?

Ah well, shouldn't even be worrying about this since it's been proven that the demo discs are the same as retail(or is it?) and this topic will be phased out with the scene release. But was that one statement really showing that I was being a dick? It's still justified isn't it? And strangethings, I'm not usually condescending to people on what you and everyong else were arguing about, but I am when people say stupid things.

samnoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it can be played on normal non-kiosk Wiis, has no timer and functions exactly like a regular game. I don't see why they would take the copy protection off when they start selling the discs in November, so it must be the same one.

samnoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I am making an assumption. It is very likely that this is the same as the retail version, and has the same copy protection (why would they take it off? it seems to be working for them).

slapusillydawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii modded with a wiikey. Is it true that I have to wait 6 months until I can download games and play them again, or can I download galaxy and play it now? Becuz ppl are saying a lot of different things.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion it is not feasiable or likely that Nintendo would release this demo the way they have and this not be the Gold Master.

The release is way too close and Nintendo have been way too anal about SMG to release it in any other form than its full glory.

It just isn't likely that official disc will be any different and it is idiotic to think they would remove copy protection for the masses. If anything it would be the other way around, but Nintendo was not that stupid and it would probably cost them additional to create more than one master.

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that it's just a conflict between the kiosk disc and none kiosk Wiis. We won't know for sure until we actually have a retail disc and from the sounds of it we don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...