Super Mario Wonder and Sonic Superstars leaked ahead of release [UPDATE 2]

cyber-hacker-attack-background-skull-free-vector.jpg

October's gaming season for new releases is up ahead, and with it comes the rumours and leaks which are inherently tied to any new big release for AAA titles, and this time it hit two of the biggest gaming mascots in the industry, Sonic & Mario.

Several sources have started to sprout out about a confirmed leaked copy of Sonic Superstars for Switch almost one week ahead of release breaking its street date, and in Mario's case, it seems like the leaked copy that's floating around is the actual Switch demo that's been shared around through selected retailers, like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, & Walmart.

Update: The Mario demo leak is a confirmed hoax and as yet the game has not broken street date.

Update 2: Super Mario Wonder has now leaked ahead of its 20th October release date.

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

:arrow: https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

There's rumours about the actual full Super Mario Wonder game also being leaked, but it has yet to be confirmed.

As per usual, links to any kind of piracy content aren't allowed, so be mindful about sharing any sort of links related to the leaked games.

Last edited by shaunj66,

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuzu indeed hangs while trying to boot, Ryujinx works fine if you have the proper keys. Don't expect a fix for Yuzu until the official release date either, they don't release fixes for leaked games (though like TOTK, it's plausible an unofficial fix will appear).

I played through several levels without issue on Ryu. Well, aside from some shader stutters typical of that emulator. No performance issues otherwise on a 10700k and rtx 3070 (at 2x native res). No graphical glitches as far as I can tell either.

As for the game itself, while there's still some obvious traces of NSMB DNA in here, I can already tell that this is a cut far above that series. It's oozing charm, personality and creativity. I think a lot of people are going to love this one.

(Shame about Sonic Superstars)

Reactions: mathew77

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
And literally not one single fuck was given by anybody, if anybody deserves it, its Nintendo. Remember folks, if you like it, buy it, unless its a Nintendo game.

Edit Lol at the angry react... I'd actually go full on militant and say that you are morally obligated to pirate Nintendo games. The bible says "do onto others as they do onto you", if Nintendo wants to treat all their customers like freeloading pirates,their fans like criminals and go as far as pushing the most hated DRM in gaming onto their platform then yeah, they deserve that behaviour in return.

Just to be clear, I don't pirate their stuff, I simply show total apathy to them and will never buy anything they ever release again but if others wanna pirate their stuff then I'm all for it.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure why gbatemp is covering this they way they are. its like they want to snitch for nintendo in the wording they use and how they cover it. nothing is really changed in almost 5years on the swtich but since totk gbatemp coverage of stuff is snitch mode.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not sure why gbatemp is covering this they way they are. its like they want to snitch for nintendo in the wording they use and how they cover it. nothing is really changed in almost 5years on the swtich but since totk gbatemp coverage of stuff is snitch mode.
I've no idea what you are you talking about? We've always covered game leaks/releases.

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
I very rarely post, but I've been here for ten years, and GBAtemp always covers leaks, especially big ones.

Unrelated, but it really is a great game. I suspect the people who don't like it, are kids who didn't grow up with the likes of Super Mario World.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol