Sonic Frontiers has leaked on Switch ahead of its release date

asdsadasddas.png

Sonic Frontiers isn't out yet officially, but leaked NSP copies of the game are spreading across the internet. The Nintendo Switch version of the game has been dumped a week ahead of its release date. Cutscenes and gameplay are cropping up on YouTube as well, of it running on the Switch, or even of people playing it using the Ryujinx emulator. As always, please remember that sharing warez is against GBAtemp's ToS.

:arrow: Discussion Thread

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
People posting their dumped pre-ordered nsp and call it a leak, then people downloading it and get a "you need to wait until release date" error?
That's what people call "clever"!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG I just learned Sega 'murdered' Sonic 3 music. Ice cap zone isn't what is used to be :
New :

VS Old:

Carnival Night, Ice Cap, Launch Base, and Super Sonic (sonic 3) all got gutted. It wasn't until my second or third character playthrough on them did I finally install mods on the Switch to restore them.

Reactions: depaul and Marc_LFD

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic the hedgehog has been mid af since it's inception.
absolutely wrong, sonic 1/2/3/k were all highly regarded when they came out almost 20 years ago. it took super mario world head on and did great. once they jumped to 3d with 3d blast/ sonic R it just fell off the rails.

trapboifuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absolutely wrong, sonic 1/2/3/k were all highly regarded when they came out almost 20 years ago. it took super mario world head on and did great. once they jumped to 3d with 3d blast/ sonic R it just fell off the rails.
then sonic adventure came out sonic adventure two aswell two great games and sonic genertaions

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the bar has been lowered to "I've seen worse." that's sad.
Well, No More Heroes 3 on switch would get the console so dang hot it more or less melted the battery.
So yeah, I've seen worse, lol.
Still, what y'all been expecting on the switch, ps5-level of quality or something? Wait 'till the game's out on actual consoles or PC before judging them graphics or performance or what.
Myself, as long as the game works decent enough, I'm fine with it.

Can't wait for when Denuvo gets cracked on the Switch.
Imagine if on switch, any game with that crap is basically unplayable, lmao.
I hope that's the case, so maybe more people will figure out that DRM like that is just bullcrap.

So... is it any good?
While I haven't exactly played too much yet, slowly checking every angle of this first world to get all them secrets and such, so far I say it hasn't been awful or anything, been having fun zipping around super fast and pulling out stunts ala Mario Odyssey.
Haven't encountered any major or minor bug/glitches, game seems to go very smoothly, the fighting is fun for the moment, have to say I'm surprised, went in expecting another crapjob ala Forces, so guess it didn't need to do much to go over my expectations, lol? I'd say maybe this time Sega didn't fucking cock it up, eh.
Still, again, I'm at the first world, so no idea if maybe going on things get worse/boring, but for my initial opinion, I'd say aside the uninpressive first impression with it's kinda bland world, it's not bad.

In any case, hey, if you got a modded switch, you can try it out before deciding to buy it or what, lol.
Or when its out on PC, pirate that and give it a try, dunno.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine if on switch, any game with that crap is basically unplayable, lmao.
I hope that's the case, so maybe more people will figure out that DRM like that is just bullcrap.
It definitely will be a massive pain in the ass.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: DarkCoffe64

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I know that piracy is illegal and wrong, but dear god... I can't let an opportunity like this pass away.
If you excuse me, I'm going to check out that site where Bayonetta 3 was leaked.

Edit: Just tried it with Ryujinx, and performance drops are present quite a lot. I'm going to test it on Yuzu later.
Illegal? Sure. Wrong? Lmao.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

OM3GAZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Illegal? Sure. Wrong? Lmao.
Just to clarify... I said "Illegal and wrong" to fit with the rules of the community but... I see plenty of people saying they pirate, so I guess it's useless to hide my true side anymore. I support piracy, and I pirate thousands of games everyday.
Of course, it's illegal, but... It has it's benefits, too. Haha...

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Just to clarify... I said "Illegal and wrong" to fit with the rules of the community but... I see plenty of people saying they pirate, so I guess it's useless to hide my true side anymore. I support piracy, and I pirate thousands of games everyday.
Of course, it's illegal, but... It has it's benefits, too. Haha...
It's fine to say that you support or engage in it afaik, but giving instructions on how to pirate or linking to pirated media is a huge (and absolutely reasonable) no-no. As a preservationist I'm eternally grateful for piracy haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...