Sonic Frontiers has leaked on Switch ahead of its release date

asdsadasddas.png

Sonic Frontiers isn't out yet officially, but leaked NSP copies of the game are spreading across the internet. The Nintendo Switch version of the game has been dumped a week ahead of its release date. Cutscenes and gameplay are cropping up on YouTube as well, of it running on the Switch, or even of people playing it using the Ryujinx emulator. As always, please remember that sharing warez is against GBAtemp's ToS.

:arrow: Discussion Thread

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Sonic Frontiers composer saddened to see the game leak"

"While there’s no doubt every developer at SEGA is upset about this situation, Sonic Frontiers sound director Tomoya Ohtani voiced his frustration about the matter on Twitter."

"Please don’t leak the unreleased Sonic Frontiers tracks and spoil the game to everyone, it makes me sad to see people ruining the experience for others. [Sonic Frontiers sound director Tomoya Ohtani]"

"Ohtani clearly feels the Sonic Frontiers soundtrack is something special, and he feels the music is best heard through the context of the game itself."

https://gonintendo.com/contents/11880-sonic-frontiers-composer-saddened-to-see-the-game-leak

Sorry Sega, I plan to buy Sonic Frontiers for the PS5, and no I'm not touching the leaked rom at all.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
absolutely wrong, sonic 1/2/3/k were all highly regarded when they came out almost 20 years ago. it took super mario world head on and did great. once they jumped to 3d with 3d blast/ sonic R it just fell off the rails.
As someone who played through all four Megadrive sonic games, as well as Super Mario World. I can confidently say that Mario was leaps and bounds better. Sonic's whole gimmick was going really fast which kind of fell apart because none of the games really have their levels designed around speed. Sonic 1 was the worst for this but the latter two games weren't much better. There are loads of better platformers than the MegaDrive Sonic games. Even Sonic on the master system was more fun for me.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game seems okay so far. Not the best looking game in the world, hoping the PS4 version looks a bit better when I get round to trying it out!

Controls are like no other Sonic game I've tried in a while which I'm finding quite difficult. There's plenty of adjustments in options to adjust sensitivity of turns and various other movements actually so I'll have to have a play around with them.

Thorugh my experience there's no big similarity between BOTW and this game so far. Only played up to the first 2 stages but I can't see it being anything like BOTW in any way other than it being 'open world' ahaha.

Looking forward to playing more!

Reactions: depaul

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tbh that's some good music, it's been playing in my head for a couple of days now (especially some bizarre sand/arabic-like music I don't know where it's used).

I see the game has some Zelda BOTW atmosphere and I liked it. I'm getting the PS5 or PS4 version.

Reactions: Starry_Night

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tbh that's some good music, it's been playing in my head for a couple of days now (especially some bizarre sand/arabic-like music I don't know where it's used).

I see the game has some Zelda BOTW atmosphere and I liked it. I'm getting the PS5 or PS4 version.

Yup, pretty much that, at first the game looked a bit dull but after a couple of hours progressing it the gameplay became more fun..and the music is definitely cool, kind of relaxing...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Sounds pretty bad, dull low-res environments with frame rate issues and horrendous pop-in even on the PS5 version. From a gameplay perspective it's more or less an alpha/tech demo outside of the 'classic' 3D Sonic levels. Needed another year in the oven at least.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
music is definitely cool, kind of relaxing...
hehehe wait till you start fighting some bosses we'll see if you like it than. from what i heard in the ost i was going to give this game a chance after it was cracked but that music just blew any chance now.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Tumbleweed

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hehehe wait till you start fighting some bosses we'll see if you like it than. from what i heard in the ost i was going to give this game a chance after it was cracked but that music just blew any chance now.
I just hope it's not gonna be hyperpop...like pretty much all of the last sonic games.
Honestly, i loved the music styles in SA2 the most, there was a lot of variety in style and everything fit very well.
Also, Crush40 was crushing it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.