Super Monkey Ball 3DS first trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA's new 3DS Super Monkey Ball game has received its first trailer, which includes a good deal of gameplay footage for you to enjoy. Have a look below. [/p]

Super Monkey Ball 3D is a new entry in SEGA's popular action puzzle series. The 3DS game will feature the single player puzzle campaign, a monkey racing mode, and a sort of combat mode. There will be a multiplayer mode which can allow up to 4 players to compete via local wireless (assumed to not have online until further confirmation). The game will also have two control schemes. You can choose to either use the more traditional slide pad to control the game, or the 3DS' built in gyroscopic motion controls which allow you to tilt the system to control the rolling physics. It should be noted that the 3D effect is said to clash with the tilt sensor since you have to have the system tilted in a specific way to be able to see the effect properly. So using the tilt mechanic could cause potential conflicts with viewing angles if using the 3D effect.

Super Monkey Ball 3D does not yet have a release date, though it is expected to be out sometime next year. The 3DS itself is launching in March in Japan. It is unknown whether this game will be launched alongside the system. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source 1
icon11.gif
Source 2

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3ds is supposed to be out in japan in February and march in u.s minor error anyways the game looks like the gamecube version looks great

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks nice, but not the kind of game I'd buy.
I think it has a good chance of being a launch title (well, in the US at least).

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right at this point I have serious doubts about if 3D is going to upgrade this game to a whole new level. The point of view already is quite 3D-ish. I can't see that 3D is going to prove much, especially if Monkey is always in front of you, it would be different if Monkey moved further away sometimes and then back again.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
1. With youtube offering 3D video for quite a while now, why the hell are preview videos for a 3D system not actually in 3D!!!!!

2. I have yet to play a monkeyball game on any system where it hasn't crashed because of flying too high or something stupid like that (target game).

3. monkeyball is monkeyball is monkeyball, I don't really wan't exactly the same game on a new system (unless its a game i really like, this however isn't one of those games).

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ryan90 said:
Looks pixelated and ugly imo, not the best the 3ds can do
You mean youtube look ugly and pixelated?
Of course it is, it's just a crappy video quality with some zooming to stretch to the player.

hergipotter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian said:
spinal_cord said:
1. With youtube offering 3D video for quite a while now, why the hell are preview videos for a 3D system not actually in 3D!!!!!
It's not the same type of 3D.
Yes it is, the 3DS renders two pictures for each frame. It's the same like on youtube in the mode cross-eyed or parallel.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
So it'll be like Kirby's tilt'n'tumble or whatever?
Sounds fun.
If that Kirby game is like the newer/more recent Monkey Balls, then yes. But I really don't see how this will be greater. As in, I won't be getting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3