Super Nintendo games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online

hg3Ti95.png

One of the biggest reveals from today's Nintendo Direct was that after much wishing and hoping, Nintendo has finally decided to add Super Nintendo games to the catalog of titles available for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. 20 new games will be available when they launch tomorrow, September 5th. The rewind function will also be a launch feature.

• Brawl Brothers
  • Breath of Fire
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Dream Course
  • Pilotwings
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Soccer
  • Legand of Zelda Link to the Past
  • Super Tennis
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super EDF
  • Star Fox
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Joe & Mac
  • Demon's Crest

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get rid of that bottom text on the screen in the HUD? I've seen numerous videos on YT and they have it hidden (gradient background still there, but the white text isn't) how?

People are alleging it to be possible

Edit: gamexplain stated you can disable it in options

Uncheck "show controls in-game". SO much better. Thanks for pointing it out. Also applies to NES games now.

Reactions: the_randomizer

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must admit I've been very impressed with the emulation of the SNES games. I have done any exhaustive playthroughs, but I like to test F-Zero due to how twitchy it gets, especially in some of the later courses. It feels almost as good as the real thing. I'd definitely say it's better than the SNES Classic. Considering the hardware is better, though, that shouldn't have been a stretch.

Reactions: Xzi

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying them out I feel like they could do a whole lot more.
Breath of Fire is known for it's bad translation and poison bugs insta poisoning for the US release.
Puyo Puyo 2 was a nice surprise but five players is not implemented which sucks on a console that could handle that well locally.
The rest seems okay but nothing to write home about.
Still it does show they'll add Japan games in now so I hope that means Mecha Joy Fight comes to the US NES collection. However I'd really like public play or a way to ping friends to even play online in the first place.
Also hoping for the Satellaview games to appear, especially the ones lost to time.
That and Super Scope and mouse games with touch screen and motion controls implemented. (also actual mouse USB support, though I still think the IR sensor could be used for better pointing controls too)
I'm not gonna hold my breath but I hope it's not the continued slow trickle again from here on out and they actually do more with it than some minimums.
Heck I wouldn't mind paying a little to keep the games if any ever get pulled offline or the like.
Though I'd rather use Higan and Retroarch for it's rich amounts of features and just being portable just isn't much.
Least they come with the "service" but I think it makes the situation worse by showing off just how little they want to do and how lacking the "service" is.
Eh, still a good sign I suppose but I'm not gonna expect much more.
The new controller does look nice, even if I already have an 8bitso SN30 pro.

RalphUp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to update Switch to get access to these games in UK, no update here... never mind got in to eshop and they are there!

Last edited by RalphUp,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breath of Fire is known for it's bad translation and poison bugs insta poisoning for the US release.
Puyo Puyo 2 was a nice surprise but five players is not implemented which sucks on a console that could handle that well locally.
Still it does show they'll add Japan games in now so I hope that means Mecha Joy Fight comes to the US NES collection. However I'd really like public play or a way to ping friends to even play online in the first place.
Also hoping for the Satellaview games to appear, especially the ones lost to time.
That and Super Scope and mouse games with touch screen and motion controls implemented. (also actual mouse USB support, though I still think the IR sensor could be used for better pointing controls too)
I'm not gonna hold my breath but I hope it's not the continued slow trickle again from here on out and they actually do more with it than some minimums.
Heck I wouldn't mind paying a little to keep the games if any ever get pulled offline or the like.
Though I'd rather use Higan and Retroarch for it's rich amounts of features and just being portable just isn't much.
Least they come with the "service" but I think it makes the situation worse by showing off just how little they want to do and how lacking the "service" is.

Still better translation than BOF2 lol

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any more wishes or fever fantasies?

richufc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Soccer has had the adverts tweaked. Instead of 'Sim City' on the advertising hoarding it now just reads 'Field'.

Does this mean we won't be getting Sim City as a later release? Maybe it's licensing. Or maybe I am just overthinking. Also maybe I am the only one who has played Super Soccer so far

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Soccer has had the adverts tweaked. Instead of 'Sim City' on the advertising hoarding it now just reads 'Field'.

Does this mean we won't be getting Sim City as a later release? Maybe it's licensing. Or maybe I am just overthinking. Also maybe I am the only one who has played Super Soccer so far
You could be the only gamer in the world who noticed tht:lol:but credit for noticing- post of the day I'd say

Reactions: Elfeckin

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doesn't that belong to EA? I doubt it.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ign and and several others are saying they been told by Nintendo that monthly releases of nes and snes games are not happening as of today. Games will be added at much slower pace. No reasons were given other than it isn’t currently feasible to due any longer.

I’m assuming it’s due to ip licensing problems or Nintendo just doesn’t want to.

maybe the Nintendo should of called the Nintendo Switch online service, the Nintendo Bait & Switch Barely Online Disservice

Reactions: Glyptofane

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ign and and several others are saying they been told by Nintendo that monthly releases of nes and snes games are not happening as of today. Games will be added at much slower pace. No reasons were given other than it isn’t currently feasible to due any longer.

I’m assuming it’s due to ip licensing problems or Nintendo just doesn’t want to.

maybe the Nintendo should of called the Nintendo Switch online service, the Nintendo Bait & Switch Barely Online Disservice

They didn't specifically say "slower" just not weekly or monthly, but randomly, whatever that means. But I'd rather take one good SNES over a shitty NES sports game any day.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you play SNES Nintendo Switch online ? I am a little bit confused. Never tried NES online so no idea about this one either. I know all about emulators home-brew but I wonder if I can play it on my atmosphere the latest version ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson